Has anyone been having issues with the provisioning server = failed? I can't get connected to netflix or pandora. I've tried everything, including reading something on another forum and trying this:
1) Go to Sony's site and removing my bluray player from my account.
2) resetting my unit to complete factory settings.
3) Turn off bluray player, including unplugging it from the wall. let it set for ~15 minutes
4) Turn back on, go through and add in my network settings, it's 100% connected to my wireless network, no issues.
5) Go to network and get the authentication code, enter that in on Sony's site, check under system settings, it says provisioning server = succeeded. yay!
6) try to open Netflix and or Pandora, still says there's a network error. I go check again, and it says provisioning status = failed. Boo!
Any ideas? i've read/heard this is an issue with servers on Sony's side, where your wireless has to authenticate with their servers as a gateway into netflix, pandora, other apps, etc... if that's the case, then there's nothing I can do. it's been down for THREE DAYS now, and no end in site. aggrivating to the point of ditching this unit and getting something else.
Ideas? anyone else have this issue? Any workarounds outside of the above? it can't be a router setting as I changed nothing and it worked flawlessly for months and months. And no bluray software updates lately that have caused this. It HAS to be on their end, yes?
Thanks for your help! If my daughter can't watch Strawberry Shortcake soon, or my son watch clone Wars, it's gonna get ugly around here! :-)