Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 130 Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjmccord View Post

Sorry I mis-posted, thought I was on the LED TV thread...where they tweak the standard and movie modes there. I don't have this BluRay yet, so I can't answer your original question, sorry.

Gotcha! It's a pretty decent player, blurays look excellent, and imo the Netflix playback is the best I've seen on any other device I own. The picture quality is exceptional. I only asked about the different picture modes within the player, because I didn't know if other owners preferred one over the others, so for now I'm just using the default standard mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 130 Old 01-14-2013, 09:27 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneWildersHair View Post

Gotcha! It's a pretty decent player, blurays look excellent, and imo the Netflix playback is the best I've seen on any other device I own. The picture quality is exceptional. I only asked about the different picture modes within the player, because I didn't know if other owners preferred one over the others, so for now I'm just using the default standard mode.

Well I'll be keeping an eye on replies as I plan to buy this player and will probably wonder the same. Thanks!
post #93 of 130 Old 01-15-2013, 04:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
Gene, I would be glad to throw my two cents in however your question sounds as if it applies to a monitor. Are you referring to frame rate? Movie & Standard are really specific tv modes. My e6500 has BDwise off,Resolution auto, MovieFrame auto...SmsrtHub screen size on 4, 3d playback on auto....picture is razor sharp in movie or standard mode on my Samsung 60es8000. I am in Standard mode on my tv full time. Hope this helps

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

post #94 of 130 Old 01-15-2013, 04:39 AM
AVS Special Member

on the e6500....Vudu streaming of HD movies is beat, exceeds Verizon on demand and crushes Netflix....IMHO

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

post #95 of 130 Old 01-15-2013, 07:50 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner1959 View Post

on the e6500....Vudu streaming of HD movies is beat, exceeds Verizon on demand and crushes Netflix....IMHO

Vudu does look really good, but I can't tell a difference with Vudu on this player or any other machine I own. It really is a fantastic app/movie streaming service across the board. I only mentioned Netflix because I've noticed quality is all over the place with this service/app with different devices, but really shines on this e6500 player. Oh and thanks for your comments on my question, and I was referring to the bluray players settings itself, I have mine setup the same as yours it seems, and I have just kept it in the default standard mode. I do not own a Samsung tv currently, and have yet to get my set professionally calibrated, although I've done some extensive tweaking on my own with the help of fellow AVS owners, and it looks fantastic with this player. Just wanted to know how other owners have set up their bluray players. Again thanks for your reply! It's communities like this that make me love this hobby even more.
post #96 of 130 Old 01-15-2013, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Pleasure to assist you GWH...

post #97 of 130 Old 01-18-2013, 12:32 AM

Liked: 10
Good time of the day. If not difficult, try to anyone on the firmware 1057 play this file http://files.mail.ru/D7231771B7294DBA8CF291835E93BEC8 It seems that samsung broke SD IPTV in this firmware. And roll back any longer, at least until...
post #98 of 130 Old 01-20-2013, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Skuwakin, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Please expand upon and clarify.

post #99 of 130 Old 01-20-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:

Skuwakin, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Please expand upon and clarify.
I apologize for my bad English, I use google translator. Please try to play the file specified in my first communication on the discussed player with the latest firmware (1057.1). I played it with large distortions, although the previous firmware it is normally played.
post #100 of 130 Old 01-21-2013, 04:12 PM

I Have a Mits WD-52628 TV and the E6500. I got the Samsung before christmas and it worked fine until the other day. Now, my TV won't display anything from the E6500.

Connected the 6500 to my Vizio and it works/displays just fine. I went into the settings and turned off the CEC on the player.

Anyone have any ideas why it won't display on a TV? I use the same HDMI cable when it works on the Vizio.

I have been jacking around with this for the better part of 2 days and can't figure it out. Seems like some sort of "handshake" issue with the TV and player.

It is routed through a Denon receiver, but it doesn't work when connected directly to this TV either. I even use the same input that displays audio and video just fine from my sat box.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just hooked up an older (approx 2 years) low end Philips DVD/Blu Ray player, which previously worked just fine. Same result. TV Doesn't recognize it, even when connected directly to TV.

Why don't we launch a satellite into space so people can watch TV? Brilliant!

Mits DLP WD-52628
Denon 1613 AVR
Samsung E-6500 Blu Ray

post #101 of 130 Old 01-22-2013, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Virgil View Post

I Have a Mits WD-52628 TV and the E6500. I got the Samsung before christmas and it worked fine until the other day. Now, my TV won't display anything from the E6500.

Connected the 6500 to my Vizio and it works/displays just fine. I went into the settings and turned off the CEC on the player.

Anyone have any ideas why it won't display on a TV? I use the same HDMI cable when it works on the Vizio.

I have been jacking around with this for the better part of 2 days and can't figure it out. Seems like some sort of "handshake" issue with the TV and player.

It is routed through a Denon receiver, but it doesn't work when connected directly to this TV either. I even use the same input that displays audio and video just fine from my sat box.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just hooked up an older (approx 2 years) low end Philips DVD/Blu Ray player, which previously worked just fine. Same result. TV Doesn't recognize it, even when connected directly to TV.

HERE WE GO STEELERS..HERE WE GO..WOO WOO!!! smile.gif

Hey boss, it definately sounds like the tv is the one with the issue. The only problem (minor) that I ever had witht he e6500 is about every 4 to 6 weeks it will just freeze when loading a disc. Pulling the power plug always resolves the issue. It has a lot of tasks going on so I understand why that happens.

post #102 of 130 Old 01-22-2013, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuwakin View Post

I apologize for my bad English, I use google translator. Please try to play the file specified in my first communication on the discussed player with the latest firmware (1057.1). I played it with large distortions, although the previous firmware it is normally played.

Why does playing back this single file matter? What is the file exactly, what is the significance of this particular file and its relationship to the player and the player being able to play it?

I have not had one source failure on my player: VHS, DVD, HDdvd, Bluray, HD via FIOS, HD via over the air antenna, HD via Vudu and of course the crappy to just okay quality of any NetFlix item?

post #103 of 130 Old 01-22-2013, 07:59 AM

The above file - a record of the real flow ip-tv, such flows have many of my ISP, and they were very bad play. On firmware 1053.2 everything was normal.
post #104 of 130 Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Gotcha Skuwakin. I can't speak to your issue as we are in different regions and get different FW updates. I will always allow updates on my player, not my tv.

post #105 of 130 Old 01-23-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:

Gotcha Skuwakin. I can't speak to your issue as we are in different regions and get different FW updates. I will always allow updates on my player, not my tv.
Who cares what region I just want to know whether anyone has played normally given in my first post.
post #106 of 130 Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmclay View Post

Question for everyone. I currently have the Samsung BD-E5900, but it doesn't play The Amazing Spiderman 3D, nor Brave 3D. I went through 3 different Spiderman discs before calling Samsung and going through all the troubleshooting with them. They stated they have to submit for a Firmware update. Sounds like this player is behind like that. I guess there was an issue when The Hunger Games came out too.

So I called Pauls TV and they said I can bring that player back and choose between the Panasonic DMP-BDT321 or the Samsung BD-E6500.

I was wondering if anyone here has had an issue with playing 3D movies? Did you have to wait for firmware updates to play them?

Has anyone tried playing The Amazing Spiderman or Brave in 3D on this player?

Just trying to figure out which of the 2 I want to get.

Thanks!!!

I had your same issue with my BD-E6500 not being able to play The Amazing Spiderman 3D on firmware version 1053. I just upgraded to the latest firmware (1058 I think?) and the issue has been resolved.
post #107 of 130 Old 02-16-2013, 05:43 PM

Need help - Can any E6500 owner confirm that the Verizon FiOS tv app exists in Smart Hub? Just got off the phone with Samsung, but they couldn't provide an answer.

I purchased the E5900 yesterday and upgraded the firmware to 1057.1, but unfortunately the tv app was not available in Smart Hub. I also purchased the LG BP620, since it was confirmed to include the app, but haven't opened the box yet, since I would prefer to stick with Samsung. I'm using the device primarily as a streaming FiOS set top box and secondly as a bd player. Thanks, all.
post #108 of 130 Old 02-18-2013, 02:00 AM

Hello. My father's dvd player is 3 months old as is his Samsung 3D TV. Everything worked fine, he watched a few 3D movies without any problems. Now he is not able to watch 3D content any more. His 3D movies are displayed in 2D. DVD player works but displays only in 2D even the 3D movies. What could be wrong? Thanks.
post #109 of 130 Old 02-21-2013, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvaskeme View Post

Need help - Can any E6500 owner confirm that the Verizon FiOS tv app exists in Smart Hub? Just got off the phone with Samsung, but they couldn't provide an answer.

I purchased the E5900 yesterday and upgraded the firmware to 1057.1, but unfortunately the tv app was not available in Smart Hub. I also purchased the LG BP620, since it was confirmed to include the app, but haven't opened the box yet, since I would prefer to stick with Samsung. I'm using the device primarily as a streaming FiOS set top box and secondly as a bd player. Thanks, all.

I do all streaming from the HUB on my 6500. Samsung and Verizon may not have an agreement, I dont recall if Verizon App appears in the hub or not. Run a firmware update to check. The Sammy Samrt hub is a super platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FariaB View Post

Hello. My father's dvd player is 3 months old as is his Samsung 3D TV. Everything worked fine, he watched a few 3D movies without any problems. Now he is not able to watch 3D content any more. His 3D movies are displayed in 2D. DVD player works but displays only in 2D even the 3D movies. What could be wrong? Thanks.

pull the plu, cold reboot and then run the latest firmware update. Reset all menu settings and try again. Also, make sure the tv itself has the correct settings.
FariaB likes this.

post #110 of 130 Old 02-21-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvaskeme View Post

Previous year's models do have a Verizon app in The Hub. It is just basically a copy of their OnDemand selections from various channels.

post #111 of 130 Old 02-24-2013, 11:46 AM

Hi All,

I use the media player on this unit alot (streaming via DLNA from a Synology box) and I've recently noticed that some files will play with video only and no sound. When I use the Tools menu to view the file information I can see that a suitable audio codec is chosen (it doesn't complain with the message audio codec not found) but no sound is audible. The latest problem I had was with an MKV file with a DD5.1 soundtrack. I know that my HDMI connection to the receiver is fine because many other files play normally. I can even see the Dolby Digital symbol on my receiver but still no sound.

Also, I can usually play the same video successfully with sound from the media player built into my Samsung PN58C8000 plasma TV. The media player in this TV seems to be able to handle almost anything I throw at it. I'm disappointed that the media player in my 3yr old Samsung TV can play files better than this relatively new Samsung BD player. Anyone else having these types of issues? I'm currently at the latest 1057 firmware.

Any help is appreciated.
post #112 of 130 Old 03-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Netflix streaming.

I sold my D6500 in order to get Netflix subtitles that are available on the E and ran into a strange problem.

I setup the audio to bitstream unprocessed audio which worked fine, except that I noticed that titles that had digital audio (which Netflix calls Super HD) quite regularly succumbed to the dreaded reloading display. I have 20-30 mpbs internet and the same videos play on my TIVO without a hiccup. Both units are ethernet connected.

Resetting the E didn't help, so I started playing with the audio setup. I changed the audio from bitstream (unprocessed) to bitstream (re-encoded DTS) and the problem went away. Doesn't make a lot sense, but it worked.

BTW I use DLNA from my computer and I notice that browsing thru folders is quite a bit faster than on the D.
post #113 of 130 Old 03-05-2013, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have the player set up for bitstreaming and I didn't experience any trouble. But, if it happens in the future, I will try what you said. On the other note, I noticed that E6500 is faster as well. But, the best and unique feature is that it remembers what you watched and where you left it and it continues from that point either from the USB or DLNA. I was quite impressed as several other bluray players I have never had this ability.
post #114 of 130 Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishwa Somayaji View Post

I have the player set up for bitstreaming and I didn't experience any trouble. But, if it happens in the future, I will try what you said. On the other note, I noticed that E6500 is faster as well. But, the best and unique feature is that it remembers what you watched and where you left it and it continues from that point either from the USB or DLNA. I was quite impressed as several other bluray players I have never had this ability.

Very well said, I love the memory feature of this player as it works on most discs I throw at it. I love the style as it looks perfect with my Sammy es8000. The picture quality has been amazing, the streaming of Vudu, Netflix, Pandora and 3d on Yabazam from the Smart HUB has been smoth sailing unless the rare moment where the wifi was just too busy here. I've encountered no audio issues.

I almost forgot...I really LOVE the slot load feature as it is perfect...especially because my cat Simba follows me to the player everytime and feels the need to wrap his tail all over the gear at the lower level (an ownership thing i guess)...but the slot has prevented cat hair from getting into the unit.

post #115 of 130 Old 03-06-2013, 07:24 AM

I don't mind slot or tray load. But, over the years I have seen here that some people intensely dislike slot load to extent that they boycott PS3 for that reason! Overall I really love the E6500. The hdmi in is just a bonus.
post #116 of 130 Old 03-09-2013, 03:49 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishwa Somayaji View Post

Very well said, I love the memory feature of this player as it works on most discs I throw at it. I love the style as it looks perfect with my Sammy es8000. The picture quality has been amazing, the streaming of Vudu, Netflix, Pandora and 3d on Yabazam from the Smart HUB has been smoth sailing unless the rare moment where the wifi was just too busy here. I've encountered no audio issues.

I almost forgot...I really LOVE the slot load feature as it is perfect...especially because my cat Simba follows me to the player everytime and feels the need to wrap his tail all over the gear at the lower level (an ownership thing i guess)...but the slot has prevented cat hair from getting into the unit.

I'm liking the slot load design too, as I have a couple of cats myself. 'Nuff said smile.gif
post #117 of 130 Old 03-09-2013, 01:51 PM

One of the knocks against slot load is that if for some reason the disc is stuck, it is difficult to get it out. In a tray you can push a button with a paperclip to unlock it and pull the tray out. But as long as it work, slot is really nice.
post #118 of 130 Old 03-13-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Previous year's models do have a Verizon app in The Hub. It is just basically a copy of their OnDemand selections from various channels.

The Verizon app is supposed to allow you to order On Demand as well as view 23 (I think--maybe 28) live channels (all basic cable, no ESPN or broadcast). Verizon assures me that the app is available for the BD-E6500, but Samsung says that it is not available and is Verizon's responsibility. I had one Samsung CSR say that it worked with the BD-E6500, but that it wasn't showing up in the app store yet. That was at Christmas, and it's still not there, and reps now insist they said no such thing.

While I'm very happy with the video quality of the player, Samsung customer support has left a lot to be desired. They've been unable to help me solve a problem where the HDMI passthrough stops working every day or two--video will go through but no audio; I have to turn the player on and off again to reset the passthrough. The initial promise of Disc to Digital through the player never materialized (and they simply removed the portions of the manual dealing with it); they then claimed that properties of the player were subject to change without any liability on their part. They've been unable to give a clear answer on the FiOS app.
post #119 of 130 Old 03-13-2013, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcherry View Post

The Verizon app is supposed to allow you to order On Demand as well as view 23 (I think--maybe 28) live channels (all basic cable, no ESPN or broadcast). Verizon assures me that the app is available for the BD-E6500, but Samsung says that it is not available and is Verizon's responsibility. I had one Samsung CSR say that it worked with the BD-E6500, but that it wasn't showing up in the app store yet. That was at Christmas, and it's still not there, and reps now insist they said no such thing.

While I'm very happy with the video quality of the player, Samsung customer support has left a lot to be desired. They've been unable to help me solve a problem where the HDMI passthrough stops working every day or two--video will go through but no audio; I have to turn the player on and off again to reset the passthrough. The initial promise of Disc to Digital through the player never materialized (and they simply removed the portions of the manual dealing with it); they then claimed that properties of the player were subject to change without any liability on their part. They've been unable to give a clear answer on the FiOS app.

Well, ir does have OnDemand PPV selections No 3D, and $5,99 for HD picks. Strange that it's on an earlier model but not the current one. I wonder...while it shouldn't matter, I have FIOS as my cable provider (therefore I've never had to use the app) and I wonder if that makes any difference. I should also mention that it appears that there is no 5.1 audio via the app as well. Movies are listed as simply Stereo. No Dolby.

post #120 of 130 Old 03-15-2013, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

My SmartHub is updated as notified and although I do have FIOS as my provider I also see the FIOS app on the hub. Love this player!

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Bd E6500 3d Wifi Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Blu Ray Players , Samsung Bd E5900 3d Wifi Blu Ray Disc Player , Samsung Bd D6500 Za D6500 Serivce Blue Ray Disc Player 3d Stereo
Gear in this thread - E5900 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page