OFFICAL SAMSUNG BD-E6500 owner's therad - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 130 Old 07-03-2013, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys I just bought this unit for $30 because it didn't play DVDs. So I thought, what the heck? Its $30!? So I break it open and take out the disc drive. I figured I'd just blow a little canned air into it and see if it helped. If not, I'll see if I just can't purchase a whole new disc drive all together. So I tear open the disc drive and blow the canned air on the 2 eyes that read the disc. So when I go to put it back together, I noticed that these 2 little black arms came out. Problem is, I have NO IDEA where they go. I hovered over that thing for a couple hours trying to figure it out. I put the drive back in just to try it out and the loader won't take a disc without those 2 arms. Disc will only go half way in.

So, my question is, does anyone know where I can find any information on the assembly of the disc drive that this unit takes? Or, does anyone know what model of loader it takes and where I could purchase a new one?

I appreciate any help.

Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 130 Old 07-31-2013, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

I had a problem with my BD-E6500 not connecting to the internet lately. I would get the message that it was connected to the network but not the internet. Strangely, I could still connect and download firmware updates.

I finally fixed the problem by shutting off IPv6 on my router. Once I did that it connects flawlessly. Apparently the smarthub isn't compatible with IPv6 with my ISP or router. I am not sure what the precise problem is. What is interesting is that I did a test and turned IPv6 back on while Netflix was playing and it worked fine. Upon exiting and going to the smarthub the error message came back up.

I hope this helps someone else out there.
post #123 of 130 Old 07-31-2013, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks for that info. Which make and model is your router. That would be useful too.
post #124 of 130 Old 07-31-2013, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishwa Somayaji View Post

Thanks for that info. Which make and model is your router. That would be useful too.

I have Uverse and a Motorola NVG510 router.
post #125 of 130 Old 08-01-2013, 11:25 AM

Liked: 13
Thanks. I had an SMC and now have actiontec(changed ISP) and so far haven't experienced any trouble. But your info is useful in the future if there is any trouble connecting.
post #126 of 130 Old 12-01-2013, 12:28 AM

If I come out the HDMI on my cable box in HDMI on the BD-E6500 then out the HDMI on the BD-E6500 in HDMI on my HDTV will it improve the picture quality of non HD channels? I haven't purchased the Samsung BD-E6500 yet. If i do it would be for that reason.

post #127 of 130 Old 12-01-2013, 04:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvid View Post

If I come out the HDMI on my cable box in HDMI on the BD-E6500 then out the HDMI on the BD-E6500 in HDMI on my HDTV will it improve the picture quality of non HD channels? I haven't purchased the Samsung BD-E6500 yet. If i do it would be for that reason.

This BD player does upscale a DVD played on it and as for the signal from the cable box that a ? Most HDTV sets have an upscaling circuit in them. The HDMI will give you the best signal. I have to guess that you do not have an HD cable box, so remember 480i is 480i and the upscaled signal will never match an HD one.
post #128 of 130 Old 12-01-2013, 04:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I think he does have an HD cable box, but watches some non-HD channels. Non-HD channels will never look good on an HDTV, no matter what you do to the signal!
On a separate note, I don't recommend Samsung BluRay players due to poor reliability. Check out Oppo if you are interested in HDMI inputs.
post #129 of 130 Old 12-01-2013, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
My bd-e6500 has been excellent since June 2012 for bluray and streaming from SmartHub. Every 6 to 10 weeks the player may not load a bluray. All I have to do is pull the plug..wait 30 seconds and restart the unit.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

post #130 of 130 Old 03-10-2014, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormade1987 View Post

Hey guys I just bought this unit for $30 because it didn't play DVDs. So I thought, what the heck? Its $30!? So I break it open and take out the disc drive. I figured I'd just blow a little canned air into it and see if it helped. If not, I'll see if I just can't purchase a whole new disc drive all together. So I tear open the disc drive and blow the canned air on the 2 eyes that read the disc. So when I go to put it back together, I noticed that these 2 little black arms came out. Problem is, I have NO IDEA where they go. I hovered over that thing for a couple hours trying to figure it out. I put the drive back in just to try it out and the loader won't take a disc without those 2 arms. Disc will only go half way in.

So, my question is, does anyone know where I can find any information on the assembly of the disc drive that this unit takes? Or, does anyone know what model of loader it takes and where I could purchase a new one?

I appreciate any help.

Thank You.

Doubtful you still have this unit, but I just took one of mine apart and cleaned the lens. It's a MONSTER to put back together and have the loader function, but I know how it works now if you wanna give it a go again.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Bd E6500 3d Wifi Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Blu Ray Players , Samsung Bd E5900 3d Wifi Blu Ray Disc Player , Samsung Bd D6500 Za D6500 Serivce Blue Ray Disc Player 3d Stereo
Gear in this thread - E5900 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page