Noobie looking for bluray/standard dvd player... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-29-2012, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am new to the forums forgive me if this is in the wrong section. I am an american living in germany and just tried to play some dvds I bought in the US and ran into the region issue. I checked for a hack and was unable to find anything easy, so we decided its time to buy a new dvd player.

I am no expert on these matters but was thinking this is the right place on the web to find some experts!

Here are some things I am looking for:

-Blu-ray (we dont own any blu-ray discs yet, but I guess its good to be prepared? assuming this doesnt raise the price too much)

-Region free (will be playing north american region)

-Strong codec support (we are very often playing media of various formats via a USB stick, do any dvd players allow for codec/firmware updating if something gets outdated? that would be nice)

-Good price (i dont need the best of the best, just something that meets the above requirements if possible.) Something between 40-100 dollars max.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, it would be really cool to find a versatile dvd player for a good price that even has some good tips/backing in the forums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-29-2012, 05:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Sorry, but you need to post in the "OFFICIAL "HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER" THREAD: Can't decide? Start HERE" thread that is a sticky at the top of the page.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post12573021
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page