Samsung BD 6500 issues. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2012, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have played with this unit until I was about to pull my hair and my wife's hair.......and oh, what the heck....my kids' hair out too!!

I am streaming movies from my PC to my player..... some are .mkv, divx and some are H264. I am running into 2 problems:

1: On some of the movies, the audio is not there. This happens with the same movies all the time so it is not sporadic. Format does not seem to make a difference.

2: I can get video from all the movies.......sometimes. I can watch a movie and then go back and watch the same movie and it says "unsupported format".I can not figure this out as it is the same format it played previously. Let alone, it will play it several hours later.

Any help would be appreciated.-Lou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I know this does not really answer your question but I gave up on streaming files and just copy them to a USB drive. It is much more reliable.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouSiffer View Post

I am streaming movies from my PC to my player...

Streaming how? What are you using as a server? The Samsung PC Share Manager? The Win7 Windows Media server?

There are many possible choices for a DLNA server, some of which work better than others with this particular Samsung Blu-Ray player and with particular file formats. Some require special settings to work properly. Some depend more heavily than others on the speed of your PC.

One particular problem with the DLNA client in these Samsung players is that it is very sensitive to timing. Any delay in starting the stream, and it reports "Unsupported format", its all-purpose message which is incorrect in this case - it should say "Timeout starting stream" - or better yet, it should have waited a bit longer. But nobody expects that bug to ever be fixed now for these 2010 models. But there are also many video formats that it will play from a local USB drive but not from a DLNA server.