PS3 Blue Ray issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-15-2012, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Right here is a question for everyone.

I have been watching DVD's, playing games etc on my PS3 through the HDMI cable with no issues. I put a blu ray in tonight and it wont display the movie. It is running because when I use the controller and press the exit sequence the screen comes back on. Its not the disk (rental) as i put one I own in and that wont work. If i hook it up to the tv using the composite cables it displays it fine.

Ideas?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-16-2012, 01:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Hi Mark Hewitt, on the PS3 try turning off "Deep Color/Colour Output (HDMI)" found under Display Settings.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-16-2012, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tried that still no joy.
Any other ideas?
Could it be the tv?
post #4 of 5 Old 06-16-2012, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hewitt View Post

Right here is a question for everyone.
I have been watching DVD's, playing games etc on my PS3 through the HDMI cable with no issues. I put a blu ray in tonight and it wont display the movie. It is running because when I use the controller and press the exit sequence the screen comes back on. Its not the disk (rental) as i put one I own in and that wont work. If i hook it up to the tv using the composite cables it displays it fine.
Ideas?
Thanks

When you say "playing games" you mean loading PS3 games from blu-ray format optical discs, then that would indicate the optical drive is working for blu-rays. Also from you comment I assume you can play back blu-ray movies and they will show when connected to a TV usng composite video connection This also indicates that your PS3 is playing the blu-ray discs. As for PS3 settings check the video output format settings for blu-ray playback. As a starting point use the "Auto" setting in the PS3's setup menus. Setting to force 1080p/24 resolution/frame rate will be an issue if your display does not support this type of input. Also check if the video format used with the HDMI output is set to force Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr format or RGB format rather than set to Auto. The PS3 always uses RGB for games and the user GUI, but can switch to Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr format for blu-ray playback and depending on your displays capabilities this could be an issue. See the Offical PS3 FAQ Master Thread for more info.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #5 of 5 Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Mark: Since our big changes in platform, we don't yet have the ability to merge threads vs locking them. But, I'll need to ask you to post in our PS3 sticky thread vs starting a separate thread for each issue.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page