I need help buying a Blu-ray player, and had this in mind - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-01-2012, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
http://www.visions.ca/Catalogue/Category/Details.aspx?categoryId=100&productId=8051&sku=DMPBDT110

This particular one is on sale and it's not that expensive. I don't know if I should buy a BD player that can do 24p and/or 60p.

I am using an Epson 8350 Home Cinema projector, and my main source for content are 720p and 1080p H264/MKV rips (being played on my Acer laptop).

I want to make sure the player I get will playback BD discs without a hitch, meaning no motion judder and can playback material smoothly. The files that I play don't show any judder on my projector so I hope the player I get won't be bad.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-01-2012, 05:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 35
First, use the "OFFICIAL "HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER" THREAD: Can't decide? Start HERE" thread.
Second, the Panny 110 is last year's model, and that is not a very good price for last year's model. You'd be much better off with this year's model (220) or a Sony (390 without 3D, 590 with 3D).
post #3 of 6 Old 07-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 122
http://www.avsforum.com/t/959985/official-help-me-choose-a-player-thread-cant-decide-start-here

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #4 of 6 Old 07-01-2012, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
A very simple reply will suffice without having the need to repost. All BDPs from day one AFAIK can output 24p and 60p so this really isn't an issue at all. If you're talking about 24p from 60i sources that's a different concern.

We get threads like this every day here and it can be confusing and frustrating to new comers and infrequent visitors. One forum (here) all 'help me find' threads go to one major thread, elsewhere (like the AVR forum) people just post anything they want without fear.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

post #5 of 6 Old 07-01-2012, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilian.ca View Post

A very simple reply will suffice without having the need to repost. All BDPs from day one AFAIK can output 24p and 60p so this really isn't an issue at all. If you're talking about 24p from 60i sources that's a different concern.
We get threads like this every day here and it can be confusing and frustrating to new comers and infrequent visitors. One forum (here) all 'help me find' threads go to one major thread, elsewhere (like the AVR forum) people just post anything they want without fear.

Hello,

Thanks for your help and reply! Yeah, I will mostly be viewing Bluray and 720p files on my projector so 24p will look great!

Last question, if I'm getting a receiver and surround speakers... which audio formats should I make sure this model will support? I heard TrueHD and Master Audio are the most important since they are lossless.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-01-2012, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Except for some cheapest entry-level models and HTIB, just about all current BDPs and receivers support HD audio decoding. Your choice will be dictated by budget and what other features you need. More info and help in the receiver forum.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350 , Panasonic 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Dmp Bdt110
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page