BDP 05 hooked up to VSX 52 Questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-14-2012, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just recently I noticed that I was not getting any sound from my receiver when the opening squences of the blu ray was showing ie previews, company logs etc. I noticed that the receiver was not showing me any speackers were getting signals. However when the movie started, the sound would come on and all the speaker lights on the receiver would be lite. I also noted that on Dark Night, I did not get any sound until I when into settings and changed the menu to DTS master or whatever it was recorded with.

It seems as though the receiver is not picking up the Stereo feed of the intro. I do not know if this is a blu ray setting or the receiver. I will not that I do not have this issue when I am just watching TV. Thanks for your assistance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-14-2012, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamina1914 View Post

Just recently I noticed that I was not getting any sound from my receiver when the opening squences of the blu ray was showing ie previews, company logs etc. I noticed that the receiver was not showing me any speackers were getting signals. However when the movie started, the sound would come on and all the speaker lights on the receiver would be lite. I also noted that on Dark Night, I did not get any sound until I when into settings and changed the menu to DTS master or whatever it was recorded with.
It seems as though the receiver is not picking up the Stereo feed of the intro. I do not know if this is a blu ray setting or the receiver. I will not that I do not have this issue when I am just watching TV. Thanks for your assistance.

Hi stamina1914, possible the "Secondary Audio" setting ... try turning it on. Note this may cause audio format to be lossy and not HD.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-14-2012, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Ok I'll try that, but what exactly does secondary audio do? Thanks
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Pioneer Elite Vsx 52 Av Network Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page