Recommendation for blu ray players that convert 2d to 3d on the player side? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-20-2012, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have any recommendations for a blu ray player that will convert 2d dvd and blu rays to 3d?

I just got a 3dtv, but this model does not convert 2d to 3d on the tv end. I have tons of dvds and blu rays. I don't feel like rebuying some of my blu rays in 3d so I read that some blu ray players like the samsung 6700 which is now discontinued did a very good job at converting it on the player side for standard blu rays negating the need to rebuy it in 3d. Another model I was looking at was the sony 590 but reviewers had mentioned that this model just pushes the image back not creating actual 3d layered depth

Hopefully someone on here can recommend a player that does the converting for regular blu rays
smile.gif

Technology, Games and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Another model I was looking at was the sony 590 but reviewers had mentioned that this model just pushes the image back not creating actual 3d layered depth

That's the way all conversions look. Panasonic does a better job than the Sony (I have both). Anyways, this has been discussed a lot. Search through existing player threads. Still stuck, mods ask that requests go here.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/959985/official-help-me-choose-a-player-thread-cant-decide-start-here

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #3 of 3 Old 07-20-2012, 07:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Or, please visit this forum

http://www.avsforum.com/f/192/3d-source-components

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd D6700 3d Blu Ray Disc Player