Yamaha BD-A1000/1010 and BD-S667/671/1067 Region-Free Solution? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-20-2012, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Add a search for BD-S473 firmware as well. I think this is a similar situation to Toshiba owners. See if you can find Australian firmware for these models. Once you do, please post a link to either an ISO or ZIP so we can all take advantage of this. Thanks for your time in helping to find this firmware!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-21-2012, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBigC;17331497 
I think this is a similar situation to Toshiba owners. See if you can find Australian firmware for these models. Once you do, please post a link to either an ISO or ZIP so we can all take advantage of this. Thanks for your time in helping to find this firmware!
I already spent time attempting this. It's no use.

After Googling, the BD-a1000, BD-A1010, and BD-S1067 appear to be using 1.4912 firmware, which suggests to me that the firmware is the same for the universal players. Based on this discovery, I downloaded the Australian BD-A1000 firmware and burned it to disc. As soon as the disc loaded, I got an error message saying something like no upgrade file is found. Bummer! I really thought I had a solution this time, especially considering this player uses a user interface similar to many other MediaTek Blu-ray players. I guess we're screwed as far as making Yamaha MediaTek Blu-ray players region-free. Sorry.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Yamaha Blu Ray Player Bd S667
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page