Panasonic DMP-BT500: Help, 2 annoying problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-21-2012, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently got one of these Panasonic players and I have 2 issues with it. My set up is as follows:

Denon 4310 receiver
LG 55LE8500 TV

All components are connected by good quality HDMI cables.

The cable run from the Panasonic to the receiver is about 3 feet. The cable run from the receiver to the TV is about 40 feet.

When I play a BR disc with audio piped through the receiver all is well and everything looks great.

When I play streaming video, or even just display the player's menus, I get random video drop outs, i.e., the screen goes blank for anywhere from 0.5 second to several seconds). It looks like the player is losing the HDMI handshake as the entire screen goes blank. So, this is the first problem. Why does the player work fine when playing a disc, but get flaky when streaming video and what can I do about it?

Note, because of the physical limitations of my A/V space, I cannot move the player and receiver closer to the TV.

I also tried connecting the player directly to the TV, without the receiver in the signal path. In this configuration, there is no problem. However, I actually want to use my receiver for sound, so bypassing it is not a viable solution.

My next idea was to use the seconday HDMI port to connect to the receiver to carry the sound while piping the video directly to the TV from the main HDMI port on the disc player. This works in that there are no video dropouts. However, whenever the TV is powered on in this configuration, the disc player will only deliver 2 channel audio to the secondary HDMI port. Thus, I don't get the full audio this way. Is there some setting on the player or the TV that I can use to tell the player to ignore the TV for audio purposes so I get the full 5.1 or 7.1 signal?

TIA for any help or suggestions,
Ira
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-22-2012, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Please direct your question to the official player threads. Mods will probably lock this one. We have discussed how to set up the sub HDMI as recently as two days ago here:

220/320/500 Thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1395341/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt-220-320-500-owners-thread

500 thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1386539/panasonic-dmp-bdt500

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Tags
Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Panasonic Dmp Bdt500 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Lg Infinia 55le8500 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Full Led Slim Lcd Hdtv With Internet Applications
Gear in this thread - Bdt500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page