Best Blu-Ray player under $1000 (loading time and picture quality) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-23-2012, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,

I have seen alot of people recommending the Playstation 3 which I have, but was wondering if there was any recommendations for better options in terms of disc loading time, picture quality and sound quality (in that order of priority)

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-23-2012, 06:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhara View Post

Hi Guys,
I have seen alot of people recommending the Playstation 3 which I have, but was wondering if there was any recommendations for better options in terms of disc loading time, picture quality and sound quality (in that order of priority)
Thanks

I replaced my ps3 with a panasonic dmpbt500 and couldn't be happier. It beats the ps3 in all aspects.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-23-2012, 06:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 38
You are supposed to use the "Official Blu-Ray Player Audio Setup Thread - All Audio Questions Go Here" thread at the top of the page.
You can do better than the PS3 nowadays. Which model depends on what you want. If you want a universal player (for SACD/DVD-A), then the Oppo 93 or 95 would be the best choice. If you plan on using analog audio outs, then the Oppo is still a great choice. If you will just be using digital audio outs (HDMI), then you can get just as good PQ with less expensive models. The Panny 500 is overkill if you don't need dual HDMI outs (which you only need if you have a 3D display but not a 3D receiver), or if you need 7.1 analog audio outs. If you don't need either of those features, then the Panny 220 or Sony 590 would be excellent choices (the Panny is slightly faster loading than the Sony). PQ is pretty much the same across all BluRay players for BluRay discs (some players may upscale SD DVDs slightly better than others, but all those mentioned by me do a great job with DVDs).
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Tags
Playstation 3 80gb System , Panasonic Dmp Bdt500 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player , Sony Bdp S590 3d Blu Ray Player , Panasonic 3d Blu Ray Player Dmp Bdt220 , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - S590 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page