In a Nutshell , how is the Pioneer Elite BDP-53FD doing now? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-05-2012, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I picked one up when they first came out and it broke in one weekend. I still have my Cambridge Audio 650BD which I love but did have to be repaired after about 2 years. Cambridge covered under warranty and was excellent handling the process.
I like many others owned all Pioneer Elite players from CD , DVD and into Blu ray. But I also have been a Universal player owner and love owning just one player to do all my disc needs. I had the Pioneer Elite DV47a day one when it was released. I've upgraded to the newer models and stopped at Blu ray as Pioneer didn't make a universal player anymore. So I ventured into Sony Ps3 for Blu ray until Pioneer released a Universal player . I even grabbed the ELite DV58av which was my last DVD player I owned. Excellent player and I just wanted a Blu ray version on this model.

When the 53 came out , I was excited and took one home. I worked wonderfully for Friday night , Saturday and then on Sunday is when it wouldn't even turn on anymore. It would light up and then die. I had it repaired and didn't take it back home.
Before I took home the 53 , about 2 years ago I took home a Cambridge Audio 650BD. It's really nice and sounds awesome over analog for SACD and DVD AUDIO. I also like the way it sounds over analog for CD and HDCD playback. Very organic sounding player. I also use it over HDMI for all transfer to receiver and it performs well. The receivers DAC's are excellent in the Wolfson 8740's.
The only downside to the Cambridge is no discrete codes for Power on and Power off. I can live with it as it's performance outweighs this negative. But I'd rather have a discrete Elite model and make control easier.
The 53 doesn't have analog outs but thats fine as I'm fine with HDMI for SACD and DVD AUDIO.

So whats the deal , with all the firmware updates are all the bugs out of this player yet or is it a waste of time to even consider bringing another one home?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 129
In this forum mods ask that all questions go in the respective player thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1364703/pioneer-elite-bdp-52fd-and-bdp-53fd-owners-thread

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Tags
Pioneer Elite Bdp 53fd

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page