Lowest cost 2 HDMI out BR player? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-11-2012, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
What is the lowest price with decent quality player that has two HDMI simultaneous output ports? I'm having handshake problems with my JVC projector and their tech support have recommended that I run the video HDMI cable from the player straight to the projector rather than through the receiver. So this setup would allow me to run one output to the projector and the other output to the receiver for the lossless audio.

BTW, any comments on the validity of their statement? I would like to know from a technical standpoint why this recommendation might be correct.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 131
There have been quite a few recommendations in the "Help Me CHoose a Player" Thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1345376/current-players-with-dual-hdmi

What are you running that you are experiencing issues? I have a JVC projector running with a Marantz AV7005 and have never had any handshake issues. I run a single cable.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #3 of 5 Old 08-11-2012, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

There have been quite a few recommendations in the "Help Me CHoose a Player" Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1345376/current-players-with-dual-hdmi
What are you running that you are experiencing issues? I have a JVC projector running with a Marantz AV7005 and have never had any handshake issues. I run a single cable.
S~

Thanks for the reply. I am using an Onkyo AVR. I forget which model. I have already had the main system board replaced on the JVC and now it's happening again. The problem is that when the handshake malfunctions the RS40 locks up. When it does this the only way out is to pull the power plug, wait +-10secs, pug back in and hope it will restart. Sometimes it takes 3-4 tries to restart. Meanwhile the lamp bakes away. On my second projector and second bulb. So far, all covered by AVS or JVC. I'm trying this concept out of desperation.

Jack
post #4 of 5 Old 08-11-2012, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
There's really no sure way of telling which is responsible but you should at least try connecting your existing player to the JVC directly and see if it works. If the JVC is the culprit then it will still have problems with other devices. Otherwise you end up trying one device after another.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

post #5 of 5 Old 08-12-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Please post your question in the help me chose a BR player sticky. I would also recommend using the search engine for past posts with similar question

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Tags
Marantz Av7005 Pre Processor
Gear in this thread - Av7005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page