Dynex Component Cable issue...? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-20-2012, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 39
So, after owning a few HDTV's i've gone back to my trusty 32" CRT Tube TV via component cable for film and gaming.
Reason being, is that the plasma's that i've had produced input lag over the 2 frame mark and for me that just
doesn't cut it. So for now, i'm back to CRTsVille. XP

Now, I always use component with my DVD player, yet i have a new Sony 3D Bluray player(Which i bought for the 50-60" 3D plasma
i end up getting in a few months) and i recently purchased a new set of $29 CAD 'Dynex' component cables(CRT can't do HDMI) from Future Shop since my official PS3 component cables broke. Now i've been doing some
comparisons with my basic composite cables hooked up. And as expected the Dynex component cables produce a clearer/crisper
image, richer colors and better blacks. It's practically night and day. But to my suprise it seemed like there was a bit of detail crushing going on
since the picture for component looks a bit darker. But i get the feeling maybe it's because the blacks look blacker?

My composite connection showed detail in certain scenes, where as the component connection drowns some of it out.
Anyways, this brightness issue normal? I mean component is supposed to actually offer a
brighter image over composite, yet in my wonderful case the image appears darker. tongue.gif Then again maybe it's the composite
connection that's innacurate? Hmmm, i should of went with a more trusted brand like 'Monster' XP
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Playstation 3 60 Gb

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page