Official OPPO BDP-103/BDP-105 Anticipation Thread - Page 95 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2821 of 2833 Old 11-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Newbie
 
nlrela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have connected the Oppo BDP-105 as a DAC to my Sonos Connect (coax digitall) ... only problem is, that the Oppo causes about 1.5 second delay in the playback
(doesn't run synchronized with other Sonos loudspeakers ...).

Anyone else have experienced this problems ?
nlrela is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2822 of 2833 Old 11-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Member
 
madaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlrela View Post

Have connected the Oppo BDP-105 as a DAC to my Sonos Connect (coax digitall) ... only problem is, that the Oppo causes about 1.5 second delay in the playback
(doesn't run synchronized with other Sonos loudspeakers ...).

Anyone else have experienced this problems ?

You would do better posting on the Oppo BDP 105 owner's thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1439524/official-oppo-bdp-105-owners-thread/7680
madaudio is offline  
post #2823 of 2833 Old 01-11-2014, 07:19 AM
Member
 
fightclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dear all,
For MKV/ISO/BDMV file play, is 103 much better than WD TV live SMP on 120 inches screen?

I am wondering if need do this upgrade or not?

Rds,
fightclub is offline  
post #2824 of 2833 Old 01-11-2014, 07:24 AM
One-Man Content Creator
 
wmcclain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 16,939
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightclub View Post

Dear all,
For MKV/ISO/BDMV file play, is 103 much better than WD TV live SMP on 120 inches screen?

I am wondering if need do this upgrade or not?

Rds,

No ISO or BDMV on the -103. There is a trick for making BDMV look like AVCHD, but no way of knowing if that will be allowed in the future.

-Bill
wmcclain is offline  
post #2825 of 2833 Old 01-11-2014, 07:39 AM
Member
 
fightclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

No ISO or BDMV on the -103. There is a trick for making BDMV look like AVCHD, but no way of knowing if that will be allowed in the future.

-Bill

got it, thanks.
If only for MKV movie file play, is 103 much better than WD TV live SMP on 120 inches screen?

I am wondering if need do this upgrade or not?

Rds,
fightclub is offline  
post #2826 of 2833 Old 03-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
rastargate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 870
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Hey guys ( I'm on my phone to hard to search) I have a 103d and ordered a middle Atlantic faceplate. However the company I ordered from says that they just have the 103 not the 103d. Do they have the same form factor? I am guessing they do.

Thx for the help.
Ray
rastargate is offline  
post #2827 of 2833 Old 03-28-2014, 11:51 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 7,373
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastargate View Post

Hey guys ( I'm on my phone to hard to search) I have a 103d and ordered a middle Atlantic faceplate. However the company I ordered from says that they just have the 103 not the 103d. Do they have the same form factor? I am guessing they do.

Thx for the help.
Ray
The case dimensions are identical. FYI, you may want to post in the 103D thread if you have further questions.
rastargate likes this.
gsr is online now  
post #2828 of 2833 Old 04-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Member
 
Herman8or's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey all, I'm new to OPPO but will getting one for my 53rd birthday on June 2nd. Though I'm still undecided on the 103 vs 103D, my questions are as follows.
1. I have a new ZT60 and a Kuro 150fd.. Can I run dual Plasmas with the OPPO? Will it send both audio and video to them or should I use one of the Plasmas only?
2. I have direct TV and have read in the forum that the Sat Box can be run through the OPPO for much improved performance of HD & standard tv content. Is this true? What are the pros and cons?
3. My AVR is an older Denon 2808ci with just 2 HDMI inputs & 1 out. Any thoughts on how best to run this with the OPPO and my Definitive Tech Sub, Center, and surrounds?
Basically, if you had the above mentioned equipment, what would recommend as the best overall setup?
Finally, I've seen this question asked and debated, but if I go with the 103-Darbee, can't Darbee simply be turned off so that you are using just a 103? If everything else is exactly the same, and upscaling is the same in both units, aren't you simply getting the Darbee for an extra $100.00 if you decide you like it and wish to use it?
Thanks very much in advance for any advice and knowledge you can provide. New to OPPO but have some decent Plasmas and audio equipment I'd like to get the most from.

Thanks,
Herman8or~
Herman8or is offline  
post #2829 of 2833 Old 04-29-2014, 04:35 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 7,373
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman8or View Post

Hey all, I'm new to OPPO but will getting one for my 53rd birthday on June 2nd. Though I'm still undecided on the 103 vs 103D, my questions are as follows.
Note that you may want to post in the actual player threads - this thread was intended for anticipating the release of the players.
Quote:
1. I have a new ZT60 and a Kuro 150fd.. Can I run dual Plasmas with the OPPO? Will it send both audio and video to them or should I use one of the Plasmas only?
If you only care about getting stereo audio and using the TV's built in speakers you can do this. But if either or both systems have an AVR and a full 5.1 or 7.1 complement of speakers, you would probably be better using it on just 1 of the TV's.
Quote:
2. I have direct TV and have read in the forum that the Sat Box can be run through the OPPO for much improved performance of HD & standard tv content. Is this true? What are the pros and cons?
There has been a lot of discussion of this in those player threads I mentioned above. If you can set the DirecTV box up to output native resolution, there would be some benefit to running it through the Oppo as the Oppo will do a better job of doing any deinterlacing and scaling. The downside to this is that the Oppo has to be turned on and set to the appropriate input any time you want to watch DirecTV, so it may complicate your system usage unless you're using a programmable remote that can handle the extra steps for you.
Quote:
3. My AVR is an older Denon 2808ci with just 2 HDMI inputs & 1 out. Any thoughts on how best to run this with the OPPO and my Definitive Tech Sub, Center, and surrounds?
This actually helps provide a better answer to question 1 - given this, I would recommend using the Oppo only on one of your TV's. If you care about 3D and decide to use the Oppo with the ZT60, send HDM1 out from the Oppo directly to an input on your TV and HDMI2 out from the Oppo to one of the HDMI inputs on your AVR. The Kuro doesn't do 3D, so if that's the TV you use the Oppo with, just send HDMI to your receiver and the the receiver's HDMI output to your TV.
Quote:
Finally, I've seen this question asked and debated, but if I go with the 103-Darbee, can't Darbee simply be turned off so that you are using just a 103? If everything else is exactly the same, and upscaling is the same in both units, aren't you simply getting the Darbee for an extra $100.00 if you decide you like it and wish to use it?
The 2 models are NOT exactly the same other than including Darbee in the Darbee edition. The non-Darbee edition has a Marvel QDEO video processing chip for tasks such as noise reduction and scaling to 4K - in this case there's always a small amount of noise reduction on HDMI1 that can't be disabled. The Darbee edition replaces the Marvel QDEO with a VRS video processing chip for similar tasks - in this case, all video processing in the VRS and Darbee can be completely disabled, if desired.
gsr is online now  
post #2830 of 2833 Old 04-29-2014, 06:48 AM
Senior Member
 
wesslan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Have someone made any screenshot comparisons on 103 vs 103D with the hdmi 1 to check the difference to the naked eye on noise reduction? Very interested to see how much it is.
wesslan1 is offline  
post #2831 of 2833 Old 05-04-2014, 12:40 AM
Senior Member
 
NAIM101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Hello, just wondering what the difference is between "Diag" optical/coaxial and "Digital" area of optical/coaxial..

All my sources are digital btw..

Also, when you put the output to "fixed" you cant control volume can you? Confuzed. Thanks.
NAIM101 is offline  
post #2832 of 2833 Old 05-04-2014, 01:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Smarty-pants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIM101 View Post

Hello, just wondering what the difference is between "Diag" optical/coaxial and "Digital" area of optical/coaxial..

All my sources are digital btw..

Also, when you put the output to "fixed" you cant control volume can you? Confuzed. Thanks.

'Diag' is basically a composite video output. They label it 'diag' because it can be used for "diagnosis" purposes.
I think you can also use it if you want to set up a small monitor for menus and such while listening to music to avoid turning on a TV.

Optical/coaxial are basically the same thing, just two different interfaces to send spdif digital audio out of the player.

The volume control of the player is only used for ANALOG audio.
If you are using spdif or hdmi for your audio, then the volume control does not come into play.
The "fixed" option is for when someone wants to use analog audio, but have the volume of the player stay fixed at full volume, and then have a pre-amp or avr control the volume instead.
When the volume of the player is "fixed" at 100 (max volume), then it can't accidentally be turned down and cause a hard to diagnose issue.
There are also issues with the quality of sound, if you are using analog audio and have the volume set below 75/100.
Again though, that only comes into play IF you are using analog audio.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Smarty-pants is online now  
post #2833 of 2833 Old 05-04-2014, 01:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Smarty-pants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslan1 View Post

Have someone made any screenshot comparisons on 103 vs 103D with the hdmi 1 to check the difference to the naked eye on noise reduction? Very interested to see how much it is.

With all picture settings left at default of -0-, there will be an ever so slight bit of undefeatable NR on the 103. That issue is not there with the 103D.
I do not recall seeing any identical side_by_side screenshots between the two of them,
but it really is so slight, that it may not even show up on screenshots since resolution gets lost so easily when going from screen to camera, camera to pc, then pc to forum, etc...

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Smarty-pants is online now  
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Blu Ray Players , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off