Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes_vb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTheKid View Post

Ahhh Finally!

Glad to finally get to join you guys. Firmware is updated to 2.13 and such.

Can you tell me something that's been in my mind for quite some time? Are you able to play SACD-R with the newest firmware. I've had this unit for about two years when Best Buy had it for $199. I only use this player for playing SACD-R. I haven't updated the firmware because I don't want to risk losing that ability like my Oppo BDP-103 after a firmware update.

I haven't tried a burnt disc yet. i will try one tonight.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Pioneer Elite SC-55
Klipsch RF-3, RP-3, RC-3, RS-3
Bang & Olufsen Beogram TX
Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD
XBOX-360, XBOX-ONE, PS3(60GB)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 866 Old 06-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcm5 View Post

I do not understand how to unlock the region to DVD? Where do I put "3344"?
You have to flash the player with a "special" firmware that is known as CFW. I suggest googling it as discussion of the firmware hack is not allowed.

post #843 of 866 Old 06-04-2014, 11:02 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes_vb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTheKid View Post

Ahhh Finally!

Glad to finally get to join you guys. Firmware is updated to 2.13 and such.

Can you tell me something that's been in my mind for quite some time? Are you able to play SACD-R with the newest firmware. I've had this unit for about two years when Best Buy had it for $199. I only use this player for playing SACD-R. I haven't updated the firmware because I don't want to risk losing that ability like my Oppo BDP-103 after a firmware update.

Well I can confirm burnt DVD-A discs work (I have a program that can make DVD-A discs biggrin.gif) I just realized i have no SACD-R right now, but if a burnt DVD-A works i see no reason why SACD-R would't work.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Pioneer Elite SC-55
Klipsch RF-3, RP-3, RC-3, RS-3
Bang & Olufsen Beogram TX
Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD
XBOX-360, XBOX-ONE, PS3(60GB)
post #844 of 866 Old 06-06-2014, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hey guys, I've been following this thread ever since my 62fd started having netflix issues. A couple days ago, I was so annoyed at not being able to stream netflix AT ALL that I sent a strong worded email to Pioneer support. I got the following reply from them two days later on 6/3/2014:

Quote:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems accessing Netflix through our player.

This is an issue we have reported to our engineers. They are working with Netflix to determine the cause and provide a resolution.

At this time we do not have an ETA for the resolution.

Rocky

Customer Service Representative

Now, last night, I decided to try netflix again on the player and it works now! I am still on the 2.09 firmware, and didn't do anything on my end so this must have been from pioneer and/or netflix. There were still a few times where the player crashed back to the start screen after selecting a title to stream. But I'll take it.

post #845 of 866 Old 06-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Whats up everyone?
Anyone have one of these players? I have noticed a few of them now not working with Netflix. All players have firmware updated to latest version and what happens is Netflix gets to the home page, you see your sign in names or users and then at this point you select which user you wanna log in under. So if you have 2 people on your account like you and your kids, you have to select which Netflix sign in you want to use.
What the Pioneer's now do is you get to this page and you can't select either user account. I removed the player from the account and cleared all Netflix players on said account. Then added in one of the Players and it does the same thing.
Updated firmare and still does the ams thing. Re factory setup player and still same thing. Tried to get a hold of someone at Pioneer and no call back yet.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Personally I don't use a Blu ray player for Netflix, I much prefer Apple TV or the Xbox which both IMO have better user interfaces.
post #846 of 866 Old 06-12-2014, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTheKid View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by hermes_vb

Well I can confirm burnt DVD-A discs work (I have a program that can make DVD-A discs ) I just realized i have no SACD-R right now, but if a burnt DVD-A works i see no reason why SACD-R would't work.
Burnt DVD-A discs were never a problem. I can still play them on my Oppo. SACD-R is a whole different thing. Unless I'm sure the firmware won't screw it up, I'm keeping it unplugged from the net.
post #847 of 866 Old 06-16-2014, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well my pioneer display just went dark and after an hour or so it will start to be dim,but display some data. I took it back to bestbuy as I had the gs 4 year warranty. They wanted to send it out for repair. I wasn't up for that. I argued and got most of the money back and pro-rated warranty. I then paid the difference for the oppo 103. Much better in build quality and weight. Nice packing with the bag inside as well. I am bummed out as I didn't use my pioneer much, but maybe 50-100 hours and the display took a dump. The fl button didn't help either. I wish I could have saved some money and now I have a worthless pioneer wireless adapter....
post #848 of 866 Old 07-06-2014, 06:03 PM

I purchased the BDP-62fd using cc points. Love watching DVD's with the up scaling. Look almost as good as blue ray. Blue rays look fantastic.

I use it mostly for netflix and it does not disappoint. I have been having a issue with netflix not loading when the player is setup using quick start. The player locks ups with the pioneer screen like it didnt run the netflix executable file. I switched back to normal start up and it works fine. I really want to use quick start so i can turn on the BDP using icontrol2012.

My current setup is:
SC65
BDP-62fd
Sony cd changer

Anyone have a fix?
post #849 of 866 Old 08-07-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
I purchased the BDP-62fd using cc points. Love watching DVD's with the up scaling. Look almost as good as blue ray. Blue rays look fantastic.

I use it mostly for netflix and it does not disappoint. I have been having a issue with netflix not loading when the player is setup using quick start. The player locks ups with the pioneer screen like it didnt run the netflix executable file. I switched back to normal start up and it works fine. I really want to use quick start so i can turn on the BDP using icontrol2012.

My current setup is:
SC65
BDP-62fd
Sony cd changer

Anyone have a fix?
Welcome to the frustrating world of Pioneer Netflix streaming. It will work fine for a while and then stop for no apparent reason. I thought the problem was fixed. I'm not sure whether it is a Netflix or a Pio problem. I have a cheap Samsung, as backup, and it works every time. I suspect that this is a case of the old saying, "keep it simple".
post #850 of 866 Old 08-26-2014, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Update: I went from an Elite VSX-23 to an SC-77...I don't have the lip sync issues now. I was able to put it back at bitstream.

post #851 of 866 Old 09-09-2014, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey everyone,
I've been reading this thread off an on since I bought my BDP-62FD in Dec 12. Like most/all of you I have the dreaded Netflix freezing issue, which for me seems to come and go. It will work for a month, then break for a couple weeks, and start working again for no apparent reason.

AND I have the lip sync issue as well when using Bitstream.....I know I know...."Just switch it to PCM and it's fine, or adjust my pre-amp's delay." But this gets to my point (and since it's been a month or so since someone posted they called/email Pioneer with some hatemail, I figured it was my turn), I shouldn't HAVE to do that. I prefer my Marantz processor decode my soundtrack. I know it's stupid, but I like seeing the "DTS Master Audio" indicator turn on.

So what I'm getting at is, I emailed Pioneer today as well and told them not to send me back some generic message about these issues "being worked on by their engineers" because I already know that due to it being all over the forums. But to give me some kind of an update on how far off we are from getting these issues addressed. Is it a month away, 6 months away, or do they not know not how to fix it? Or is it a hardware limitation that they didn't realize before it passed quality control.

I went on to say that we all shelled out 400 bones for this device instead of buying some much cheaper competition, and there are two unresolved issues that have persisted for a long time now. Where's the support at?

Finally folks, for the record, I don't actually expect to get anymore of an update that previous people have, but I thought it was time to at least try. If for some reason, I do get some details, I will be sure to share them here. In the end, I wish now I would have ponied up the extra $100 for the Oppo at the time of purchase, but figured this one would be just as good.

Are there any attorney's reading this thread? Do we have a leg to stand on as far as a class action law suit?

"That reminds me Marty, you might not want to hook up to the amplifier; there's a slight possibility of overload." - Doc

Last edited by bvaneman; 09-09-2014 at 02:51 PM.
post #852 of 866 Old 09-10-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvaneman View Post
Hey everyone,
I've been reading this thread off an on since I bought my BDP-62FD in Dec 12. Like most/all of you I have the dreaded Netflix freezing issue, which for me seems to come and go. It will work for a month, then break for a couple weeks, and start working again for no apparent reason.

AND I have the lip sync issue as well when using Bitstream.....I know I know...."Just switch it to PCM and it's fine, or adjust my pre-amp's delay." But this gets to my point (and since it's been a month or so since someone posted they called/email Pioneer with some hatemail, I figured it was my turn), I shouldn't HAVE to do that. I prefer my Marantz processor decode my soundtrack. I know it's stupid, but I like seeing the "DTS Master Audio" indicator turn on.

So what I'm getting at is, I emailed Pioneer today as well and told them not to send me back some generic message about these issues "being worked on by their engineers" because I already know that due to it being all over the forums. But to give me some kind of an update on how far off we are from getting these issues addressed. Is it a month away, 6 months away, or do they not know not how to fix it? Or is it a hardware limitation that they didn't realize before it passed quality control.

I went on to say that we all shelled out 400 bones for this device instead of buying some much cheaper competition, and there are two unresolved issues that have persisted for a long time now. Where's the support at?

Finally folks, for the record, I don't actually expect to get anymore of an update that previous people have, but I thought it was time to at least try. If for some reason, I do get some details, I will be sure to share them here. In the end, I wish now I would have ponied up the extra $100 for the Oppo at the time of purchase, but figured this one would be just as good.

Are there any attorney's reading this thread? Do we have a leg to stand on as far as a class action law suit?
Update: I recieved the following reply from Pioneer. I will check this tonight and see if the Netflix issue is fixed.

For the Netflix issue 2.13 has nothing to do with it and Netflix has implemented a fix, go in to Netflix Kids and play something for a few minutes then your regular Netflix will be corrected. Lip Sync has not been duplicated with our products, it could be that the problem is with your V or a Sound Receiver. Check with this devices see if they have an option to adjust for Lip Sync issue where you may be able to adjust the Delay. If they are Pioneer Products as well please provide the model number of them and we will tell you how to make this adjustments,

David
Product Support Representative

"That reminds me Marty, you might not want to hook up to the amplifier; there's a slight possibility of overload." - Doc
post #853 of 866 Old 09-10-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Update: I recieved the following reply from Pioneer. I will check this tonight and see if the Netflix issue is fixed.

For the Netflix issue 2.13 has nothing to do with it and Netflix has implemented a fix, go in to Netflix Kids and play something for a few minutes then your regular Netflix will be corrected. Lip Sync has not been duplicated with our products, it could be that the problem is with your V or a Sound Receiver. Check with this devices see if they have an option to adjust for Lip Sync issue where you may be able to adjust the Delay. If they are Pioneer Products as well please provide the model number of them and we will tell you how to make this adjustments,

David
Product Support Representative

Just went to "Netflix Kids" No titles would load. Still getting "Title Can't Play At This Time, Try Another" Nothing will play. This has been going on for over a month. My cheap Samsung still works fine.........I think somebody is running out of smoke and mirrors. Pioneer and Netflix are just incompatible for some unknown, or known, reason and the customer is left holding the empty bag.

Last edited by bilbo46; 09-10-2014 at 11:59 AM.
post #854 of 866 Old 09-10-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo46 View Post
Just went to "Netflix Kids" No titles would load. Still getting "Title Can't Play At This Time, Try Another" Nothing will play. This has been going on for over a month. My cheap Samsung still works fine.........I think somebody is running out of smoke and mirrors. Pioneer and Netflix are just incompatible for some unknown, or known, reason and the customer is left holding the empty bag.
Interesting. I never got an error message (Title Can't Play At This Time, Try Another). Mine would just freeze after loading the Netflix and Netflix Kids "red squares". As soon as I would click on it, the whole unit would freeze and I would have to hold the power button in to reset it.

As an extra precaution, I may load the default settings (AGAIN) and then try the suggested fix.

post #855 of 866 Old 09-12-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Interesting. I never got an error message (Title Can't Play At This Time, Try Another). Mine would just freeze after loading the Netflix and Netflix Kids "red squares". As soon as I would click on it, the whole unit would freeze and I would have to hold the power button in to reset it.

As an extra precaution, I may load the default settings (AGAIN) and then try the suggested fix.

Any luck?
post #856 of 866 Old 09-12-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo46 View Post
Any luck?
Yes, Netflix is working for me. I didn't reset to defaults or go into "Netflix Kids". When I launched Netflix, It loaded the standard red banner with the Netflix logo, but then it switched to a black banner with an updated Netflix logo. I clicked in and it worked just fine. Hopefully others report the same. As of now, it appears I am fixed.

post #857 of 866 Old 09-12-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Yes, Netflix is working for me. I didn't reset to defaults or go into "Netflix Kids". When I launched Netflix, It loaded the standard red banner with the Netflix logo, but then it switched to a black banner with an updated Netflix logo. I clicked in and it worked just fine. Hopefully others report the same. As of now, it appears I am fixed.

I have been getting the new black logo screen for some time now. I reset defaults and it has started working.................for now.
post #858 of 866 Old 09-16-2014, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48548 View Post
Well my pioneer display just went dark and after an hour or so it will start to be dim,but display some data. I took it back to bestbuy as I had the gs 4 year warranty. They wanted to send it out for repair. I wasn't up for that. I argued and got most of the money back and pro-rated warranty. I then paid the difference for the oppo 103. Much better in build quality and weight. Nice packing with the bag inside as well. I am bummed out as I didn't use my pioneer much, but maybe 50-100 hours and the display took a dump. The fl button didn't help either. I wish I could have saved some money and now I have a worthless pioneer wireless adapter....
Is the Oppo working out for you?
I have the Pioneer teamed with a Kuro display and a Rotel receiver.
I have the dreaded lip-sync issue and I'm kind of sick and tired of adjusting the Rotel.

Does the oppo have a sync issue?
How does the picture image compare?
From what I understand there will be no difference in Blu ray image quality- true?
post #859 of 866 Old 09-18-2014, 08:14 PM

Great. I don't use it much but the build quality seems better. Not sure about the sync issue I have just been using it for Netflix. I just think it is a quality unit. I can do some testing for you, this weekend.
post #860 of 866 Old 11-09-2014, 12:44 PM

I didn't read every page on this thread, but I noticed the most common problems with this player are Netflix and lip-sync issues. I use my smart TV for Netflix, and PCM mode fixed lip-sync nicely, so I don't have the usual problems.

But I do have a problem. Every other day, my player decides to stop loading blu-rays. Every blu-ray I feed it will immediately be kicked out. But, if I give the player a soft-reset (hold down the power button for 10 seconds), the player resets its "brain" and it will accept blu-rays again. At least for a day or two. Then it will stop and I will have to reset it again.

Is this common with this player? I'm debating if I can live with it or if I need to give it a vacation at Pioneer Long Beach.
post #861 of 866 Old 11-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_JP View Post
I didn't read every page on this thread, but I noticed the most common problems with this player are Netflix and lip-sync issues. I use my smart TV for Netflix, and PCM mode fixed lip-sync nicely, so I don't have the usual problems.

But I do have a problem. Every other day, my player decides to stop loading blu-rays. Every blu-ray I feed it will immediately be kicked out. But, if I give the player a soft-reset (hold down the power button for 10 seconds), the player resets its "brain" and it will accept blu-rays again. At least for a day or two. Then it will stop and I will have to reset it again.

Is this common with this player? I'm debating if I can live with it or if I need to give it a vacation at Pioneer Long Beach.
Is the firmware up to date?

post #862 of 866 Old 11-09-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post
Is the firmware up to date?
Yes. In fact, I re-flashed the latest firmware in the hopes that it was a bad flash that was causing the problem. But the problem persists.
post #863 of 866 Old 11-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_JP View Post
Yes. In fact, I re-flashed the latest firmware in the hopes that it was a bad flash that was causing the problem. But the problem persists.
Try actually unplugging the player and see if that allows you a longer time between resets. This a great player for the price, $60 for me, unfortunately it is rater finicky and needs extra patience and TLC. It is worth noting that I have never had a BD player, Panasonic, Sony, Denon, Samsung, and yes even Oppo, that didn't require some sort of reset at some point.

post #864 of 866 Old 12-07-2014, 04:22 AM

Liked: 12
A new firmware is out for the BDP-62FD
Version 2.19...
Enjoyed....

Norm..
Edllguy and Ray77085 like this.
post #865 of 866 Old 12-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by eNorm View Post
A new firmware is out for the BDP-62FD
Version 2.19...
Enjoyed....

Norm..
Thanks for the info !!

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
post #866 of 866 Old Today, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Pioneer Elite Bdp 62fd , Bdp 52fd , Pioneer Elite

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page