Forum Jump: 

post #5581 of 17761 Old 02-13-2013, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolratt View Post

For you guys out there using the Harmony 900 what did you choose when setting up your Oppo? I searched this thread and found somebody chose the bdp-103eu which looks like some kind of mini system. Basically I'm having trouble telling the Oppo to switch inputs between activities and Logitech support is clueless. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with my Harmony One. I would guess the setup software is the same for your Harmony 900(?). What I did was create a new button for the LCD screen and have the remote "Learn" the "Input" button. When I set up the remote I then could have it send the "Input" command followed by a "1" or a "3" to select the blu-ray player or the back HDMI. Works perfectly. Although i did have to put in a couple of seconds delay between commands.

HTH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5582 of 17761 Old 02-13-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umdad06 View Post

I had the same problem with my Harmony One. I would guess the setup software is the same for your Harmony 900(?). What I did was create a new button for the LCD screen and have the remote "Learn" the "Input" button. When I set up the remote I then could have it send the "Input" command followed by a "1" or a "3" to select the blu-ray player or the back HDMI. Works perfectly. Although i did have to put in a couple of seconds delay between commands.

HTH

Sorry, I forgot to say that I used the Oppo BDP-83 as my device. Then you have to have your remote learn the commands that are missing, such as Input.
post #5583 of 17761 Old 02-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaKnowTech View Post

So im thinking about buying one of these. I have been looking at an Oppo player for a while mostly due to the upconverting abilities, ease of navigation for streaming(no freezing or 10 second delay when you press a button) and of course the after market region free mod. I looked at other region free players but there were all crappy players for under 100 that had all the issues I hate.

However now I have a few concerns.I want to completely get rid of my PS3 and just have one device for everything. This sharpness thing worries me though. Does it only affect DVDs? Does the processing do anything to blu-rays? Why would it need to? Because of this I was thinking about getting the 83 instead. However that can't do Netflix in 5.1 right? It's important to me not to have to use the PS3 or any other device for streaming.
Do not let the sharpness issue determine your purchase!
This player is top notch,best of the best,the picture and build quality of the 103 is top notch..the sharpness issue is really not a issue..this player puts out the very best picture I have ever seen from any player..the sharpness issue is for us tweakers that want to squeeze every bit out of this player..+1 sharpness on HDMI does this..I'm sure oppo will firmware this..but really this is absolutely no big deal at all..this player also sounds very very good,I have it running into my anthem Mrx avr using a audioquest coffee HDMI cable..and the sound surpasses my 1500$ DAC/CD combo!.. Highly recommended,not to mention when using it for CD playback it shows cover art of CD on your TV screen..
post #5584 of 17761 Old 02-13-2013, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryep View Post

Does the 105 have this problem? If it doesn't I wonder if it is because of the upgraded power supply?

Different architecture so it should not have the same problem. Also, not everyone will have problems with the BDP-103 and "hissing" when using the analog outputs direct to an amplifier (pre-amplifiers work perfectly fine).
post #5585 of 17761 Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes View Post

Doesn't sound like they plan to address it in firmware- but they might. They should- enough folks seem to see it as an issue. IMO- Telling us to use the other output should not be a solution.

OPPO is not saying if they will be changing anything about the out of box settings on the player because there is no evidence (yet) from their engineering group that there is actually a lower sharpness/muddyness/fuzzyness to the HDMI 1 image at defaults when compared to the BDP-93. In my own personal testing I find HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 to produce an identical picture with the default Sharpness levels, and HDMI 1 to produce an over-enhanced image with Sharpness +1.

I am not alone in my findings, much like you are not alone in your findings that HDMI 1 appears to be too soft. Regardless of our own observations, it is completely OPPO's purview at this point, and they may or may not make any changes to the player's default settings.
post #5586 of 17761 Old 02-13-2013, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by poolratt View Post

For you guys out there using the Harmony 900 what did you choose when setting up your Oppo? I searched this thread and found somebody chose the bdp-103eu which looks like some kind of mini system. Basically I'm having trouble telling the Oppo to switch inputs between activities and Logitech support is clueless. Any suggestions?

I have the Harmony 900 and use the OPPO BDP-103eu as the software. It does seem to be a mini system but I just changed the name to bluray player. I have it set up as oppo always on and set to hdmi input in back with my comcast motorola hd dvr 3400 input into the hdmi 1 in the back, that way i dont have to wait the 10 seconds for the oppo to start before the command to select hdmi into the back to switch because the default is blu ray player. Then I set up watch dvd on the 900 and it switchs perfectly, also when I select watch tv from after or during bluray play back it switches again perfectly to the cable box.My set up is a Yamaha AVR to a 65 vt 50 panasonic plasma.
post #5587 of 17761 Old 02-13-2013, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

Thanks JRDiAndrea ...have you tried sending video to the Oppo via Video Station? I also have a DS1812+

Not using any DS aps. I've only "pulled " video from the Diskstation using the Oppos network interface. Not sure you can use the aps like you can for audio.
post #5588 of 17761 Old 02-13-2013, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Different architecture so it should not have the same problem. Also, not everyone will have problems with the BDP-103 and "hissing" when using the analog outputs direct to an amplifier (pre-amplifiers work perfectly fine).

Thank you Neuromancer. This is the only way I will hook up the 103 until I get a avr. If it works great the Avr may not be NEEDED.
post #5589 of 17761 Old 02-13-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:

So im thinking about buying one of these. I have been looking at an Oppo player for a while mostly due to the upconverting abilities, ease of navigation for streaming(no freezing or 10 second delay when you press a button) and of course the after market region free mod. I looked at other region free players but there were all crappy players for under 100 that had all the issues I hate.

However now I have a few concerns.I want to completely get rid of my PS3 and just have one device for everything. This sharpness thing worries me though. Does it only affect DVDs? Does the processing do anything to blu-rays? Why would it need to? Because of this I was thinking about getting the 83 instead. However that can't do Netflix in 5.1 right? It's important to me not to have to use the PS3 or any other device for streaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes View Post

Just make sure you can return if you run into issues.
I had a 103 for about a week and it was way too buggy for me to justify it at this time.
Folks here were nice and tried to help with my settings, etc.- but in the end-

I contacted support and here is their response to the Netflix issue:

If Netflix is freezing up every time that you try to use the service, or when loading specific titles, then this sounds DNS related.

Try power cycling your modem and router by removing their power cables for 5 minutes. Reconnect their power cables then try the player again another 5 minutes later.

Try upgrading the firmware on your router, as sometimes networking errors are due to out of date firmware.

Try using the USB extension cable that came with the player and move the WiFi dongle to a location where the reception is higher.

Try setting your IP Configuration (Network Setup) from AUTO (DHCP) to MANUAL. Change your DNS 1 to 008.008.008.008. Press Enter. Highlight OK at the bottom then exit Setup. Try the network streaming services again.

That's a whole lot of hoops for a $500 player. FWIW- my Ipad, laptops and Apple Tv all stream Netflix just fine and it looks pretty darn good- so it's not the DNS- it's the Oppo.

I also mentioned the sharpness issue.
They say;

If you do not like the output of HDMI 1 at the default Sharpness level then we would recommend using HDMI 2. HDMI 2 will give similar video quality results to HDMI 1 with a slightly sharper image, so it may give you a picture which is more to our liking.

Doesn't sound like they plan to address it in firmware- but they might. They should- enough folks seem to see it as an issue. IMO- Telling us to use the other output should not be a solution.

I also mentioned the DVD up-scale did not look any better than my cheaper Pioneer. I wondered if my setting were correct.
They responded;

The quality of the de-interlacing and scaling on the player will depend on the quality of the source and the display. If the source is already well mastered and the previous Pioneer was already a good player, then the difference in the performance may be minimal because there was no real processing needed to enhance the DVD-Video picture quality.

Fair enough.
So I returned it.

FWIW- I now have the BDP- 150.
It's build is not as solid as the Oppo.
CD's do not sound as good as the Oppo.
But Blu Ray discs in the 150 play, look and sound fantastic.
SD DVD looks no better or worse than what I was getting from Oppo.

All that said, If they fix these issues I would re-purchase the 103.
It's a promising machine and the 103 is built to last. (the 150 will most likely fail before 2 years)

Good Luck

Ditto Bokes. Don't by this player at this time if you are interested in Netflix streaming! I stream quite a bit of Netflix via an ethernet connection and suffer multiple freezes daily requiring a hard reset. I received the same canned customer service response from OPPO. After trying all of their suggestions and even deactivating and reactivating my Netflix account the problem still persists. I have given up on the Netflix player at this time and went back to streaming through my PS3 or Roku player which work perfectly (no freezes ever utilizing the same ethernet connection). I would seriously consider returning the unit myself but imagine I am outside the return window. There are several others on here that have mentioned they suffer the same problem. With all that said I have been pretty happy with the BD playback and all the other features but if you intend to stream much I would think twice about this player.
post #5590 of 17761 Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgy View Post

Ditto Bokes. Don't by this player at this time if you are interested in Netflix streaming! I stream quite a bit of Netflix via an ethernet connection and suffer multiple freezes daily requiring a hard reset. I received the same canned customer service response from OPPO. After trying all of their suggestions and even deactivating and reactivating my Netflix account the problem still persists. I have given up on the Netflix player at this time and went back to streaming through my PS3 or Roku player which work perfectly (no freezes ever utilizing the same ethernet connection). I would seriously consider returning the unit myself but imagine I am outside the return window. There are several others on here that have mentioned they suffer the same problem. With all that said I have been pretty happy with the BD playback and all the other features but if you intend to stream much I would think twice about this player.

I have the same issues and am beyond frustrated. If I could return I absolutely would. Todays glitch, listening to HD Tracks downloads with the 103 and media Monkey. Worked great for a little while, then froze up. Had to power down and restart. The only thing that works correctly on this machine is playing shiny discs. Considering that this is a five hundred dollar machine I can't help but feel like I was ripped off.

Dedicated theater

JVC RS46U

Lumagen XE3D

115"d 16:9 DIY AT Seymour XD screen with DIY masking

Marantz SR7008

Oppo BDP103

Darbee Darblet

Klipsch RF7II mains

Klipsch RC64II center

PSA XS15 Sub

Roku3

Harmony 900

post #5591 of 17761 Old 02-13-2013, 08:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmanscott View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgy View Post

Ditto Bokes. Don't by this player at this time if you are interested in Netflix streaming!

The only thing that works correctly on this machine is playing shiny discs. Considering that this is a five hundred dollar machine I can't help but feel like I was ripped off.
Given the resale market for your "rip off" player, you can easily get almost all your money back.

I'm amazed that you determined that the player was worth $499 when you made your purchase, but failed to learn that it's not a great streaming device for the likes of Netflix. There have been Netflix complaints from day one of the BDP-93. The BDP-103 has always had similar problems. Professional reviewers have little to no interest in add on extra features like Netflix. Personally, I didn't find Netflix to be worth $8.00 a month using a high powered graphic PC for streaming to a 24" screen. I've never been tempted to try Netflix on a 60" screen. Maybe someday. wink.gif
post #5592 of 17761 Old 02-13-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Given the resale market for your "rip off" player, you can easily get almost all your money back.

I'm amazed that you determined that the player was worth $499 when you made your purchase, but failed to learn that it's not a great streaming device for the likes of Netflix. There have been Netflix complaints from day one of the BDP-93. The BDP-103 has always had similar problems. Professional reviewers have little to no interest in add on extra features like Netflix. Personally, I didn't find Netflix to be worth $8.00 a month using a high powered graphic PC for streaming to a 24" screen. I've never been tempted to try Netflix on a 60" screen. Maybe someday. wink.gif

Well the PS3 does it pretty easily without locking up......shouldn't this be able to pull it off? Anyway I might be buying the 83 and keeping the PS3 for streaming. Would have been nice to sell the PS3 and have everything all in one but I guess not.
post #5593 of 17761 Old 02-13-2013, 10:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Well the PS3 does it pretty easily without locking up......shouldn't this be able to pull it off? Anyway I might be buying the 83 and keeping the PS3 for streaming. Would have been nice to sell the PS3 and have everything all in one but I guess not.
The PS3 is vastly more powerful than any Blu-ray player. It's really a computer under it's skin.

The Sony PS3 is by far the biggest number of devices that access Netflix. Sony had exclusive access to many of Netflix's best features for a long time.

The real point is that OPPO has never hidden the fact that streaming from Netflix is poor. Anyone who was planing to buy a $499 Blu-ray player with a primary need for Netflix streaming should have been able to find out with one Google search. Even without that effort, the resale value is great protection for those who spent more than thirty days finding out that they felt "ripped off"'

I would like everything to be in one box too. Of course if I got my wish, and something needed repair, the whole system would be down while I waited for that included component to be repaired. wink.gif
post #5594 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 02:12 AM

Liked: 12
I currently have a dumb Sony HTIB which acts as an amplifier (taking my Media Player and PS3 sources) and outputting to 4 speakers (sub-woofer removed because of sleeping kids).

Would it be worth replacing this unit with the BDP 103, which would then take on the role of amplifier. I would need to keep the speakers because of the Wife Acceptance Factor, so would the sound difference be much improved? I also need to change the red/white wire of each speaker to a banana plug end? Is that simple?

The 103 should act as a video enhancer for the Media Player and PS3 source and all video would go out to --> 3D VIP Theater --> Darbee DVP 500 --> AE4000 LCD Projector.

Sound possible, or just asking for trouble and cost with little upside?
post #5595 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 03:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recstar24 View Post

I am using analog out to a pair of powered speakers and while it sounds very good (the oppo stereo downmix processing is fantastic) i still have similar lip sync issues. This is with cable going to the hdmi oppo input.
Sadly, I confirm your statement. I was hoping I might get lucky on this but apparently the problem is just in there somewhere, no matter using analog audio output downmixed to stereo.

I even tried setting HDMI audio to "OFF" thinking maybe if HDMI-1 out was video-only that might make a difference on the analog audio out, but to no avail.

It seems tied to the fact that the symptom occurs when using external HDMI input if HDMI-2 is off (i.e. downstream external audio system powered off), with "Split A/V" specified, so that theoretically both audio+video is sent out HDMI-1. On the other hand if HDMI-2 is active (so that the 103 puts video-only out HDMI-1 and audio-only out HDMI-2) the lip-sync problem is not present, so far as I've been able to tell.

Frustrating. Hope they find and fix this one soon. It is REALLY bad and annoying.
post #5596 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 05:32 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by avswilier View Post

I currently have a dumb Sony HTIB which acts as an amplifier (taking my Media Player and PS3 sources) and outputting to 4 speakers (sub-woofer removed because of sleeping kids).

Would it be worth replacing this unit with the BDP 103, which would then take on the role of amplifier. I would need to keep the speakers because of the Wife Acceptance Factor, so would the sound difference be much improved? I also need to change the red/white wire of each speaker to a banana plug end? Is that simple?

The 103 should act as a video enhancer for the Media Player and PS3 source and all video would go out to --> 3D VIP Theater --> Darbee DVP 500 --> AE4000 LCD Projector.

Sound possible, or just asking for trouble and cost with little upside?
The Oppo is NOT an amplifier - you cannot connect your speakers directly to it unless they are active (powered) speakers, which yours are not. So you need an amplifier of some sort between the Oppo and your speakers.
post #5597 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

OPPO is not saying if they will be changing anything about the out of box settings on the player because there is no evidence (yet) from their engineering group that there is actually a lower sharpness/muddyness/fuzzyness to the HDMI 1 image at defaults when compared to the BDP-93. In my own personal testing I find HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 to produce an identical picture with the default Sharpness levels, and HDMI 1 to produce an over-enhanced image with Sharpness +1.

I am not alone in my findings, much like you are not alone in your findings that HDMI 1 appears to be too soft. Regardless of our own observations, it is completely OPPO's purview at this point, and they may or may not make any changes to the player's default settings.

If the Oppo engineers can't see a difference in sharpness etc. when viewing the same source material from HDMI 1 SOURCE DIRECT vs. HDMI 2 source direct, they need new glasses!! I bought the 103 as a transport for an external video processor. Given what I have seen so far, I wish I had kept the 83.
post #5598 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 06:05 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinger View Post

If the Oppo engineers can't see a difference in sharpness etc. when viewing the same source material from HDMI 1 SOURCE DIRECT vs. HDMI 2 source direct, they need new glasses!! I bought the 103 as a transport for an external video processor. Given what I have seen so far, I wish I had kept the 83.

You really need to take that up with OPPO. We're here to help with technical Q&A on things we can help with. In this case we are just waiting to see what they say.

If I were as unhappy with the -103 as you seem to be, I would sell it and move on to something else.

-Bill
Ricker62 likes this.
post #5599 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 06:05 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

The Oppo is NOT an amplifier - you cannot connect your speakers directly to it unless they are active (powered) speakers, which yours are not. So you need an amplifier of some sort between the Oppo and your speakers.

Oh thanks for that. I suppose then the 103 is a pre-amp. Understood!
post #5600 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I have a quick question about the PURE AUDIO mode. I listen to a lot of 2 channel music WITHOUT the subwoofer.

Do I need to use the PURE AUDIO mode on the 103 player as well as the receiver? My receiver also got the PURE AUDIO mode as well. Should I use the PURE AUDIO mode on my receiver or the 103 player? Or do I need to use the PURE AUDIO mode on both the 103 and my receiver?

Thanks for any advice!
post #5601 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaraydesign View Post

I have a quick question about the PURE AUDIO mode. I listen to a lot of 2 channel music WITHOUT the subwoofer.

Do I need to use the PURE AUDIO mode on the 103 player as well as the receiver? My receiver also got the PURE AUDIO mode as well. Should I use the PURE AUDIO mode on my receiver or the 103 player? Or do I need to use the PURE AUDIO mode on both the 103 and my receiver?

Thanks for any advice!

The only thing that pure mode does on the Oppo is blank the video output and front panel display. Whether you use pure audio mode on your AVR is a separate question.
post #5602 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I am late to the discussion concerning the sharpness +1 setting so perhaps somebody can explain the context for me? I have the 103 set to always output at 1080p, but I assume the setting relates to DVD upsampling only? Or does the setting have some impact on Blu-Ray ouput too? i.e. is the player also "converting" Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray?

PS in any case I really don't understand why some people are referring to this as a "bug"; it seems to me that if they give you a choice of different settings and you prefer one over another, that is simply a matter of taste or personal choice. (In my book, a bug is when something does not work at all...)
post #5603 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 10:09 AM

Received my 103 last night. I played around with it today- Blu Ray looks very nice.
Compared to my old Pioneer 51- the Oppo seems to pop the image a tad more.
Remember fine tuning a radio frequency with an old turn dial?
The Oppo image gives me the sense of turning the dial just a hair and having everything lock in- static free.
I'm not one for test patterns and charts- just the overall picture.
And to me- the image looks and feels as solid as it should.

I did have to crank the sharpness to +1- but it doesn't bother me.
I recall an old Denon DVD player that needed a few setting tweaks to get the most out of it.
post #5604 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFG View Post

I am late to the discussion concerning the sharpness +1 setting so perhaps somebody can explain the context for me? I have the 103 set to always output at 1080p, but I assume the setting relates to DVD upsampling only? Or does the setting have some impact on Blu-Ray ouput too? i.e. is the player also "converting" Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray?

PS in any case I really don't understand why some people are referring to this as a "bug"; it seems to me that if they give you a choice of different settings and you prefer one over another, that is simply a matter of taste or personal choice. (In my book, a bug is when something does not work at all...)

+1 on this.

JJ
post #5605 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFG View Post

You are correct that this is not an "issue" at all, but a matter of personal preference. I prefer the video output from HDMI-2 over HDMI-1, but I don't consider HDMI-1 to be defective in any way. It's a video processor, I'm not sure why some folks seem surprised that it does video processing. The beauty of a player with 2 HDMI outputs is that you can choose which to use, or use both.

Not all BD is 1080p, so setting the player to explicit 1080p output means that it will always output 1080p regardless of the content. Many BDs contain 480 content as well, usually bonus features.
post #5606 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The PS3 is vastly more powerful than any Blu-ray player. It's really a computer under it's skin.

The Sony PS3 is by far the biggest number of devices that access Netflix. Sony had exclusive access to many of Netflix's best features for a long time.

The real point is that OPPO has never hidden the fact that streaming from Netflix is poor. Anyone who was planing to buy a $499 Blu-ray player with a primary need for Netflix streaming should have been able to find out with one Google search. Even without that effort, the resale value is great protection for those who spent more than thirty days finding out that they felt "ripped off"'

I would like everything to be in one box too. Of course if I got my wish, and something needed repair, the whole system would be down while I waited for that included component to be repaired. wink.gif
Wow. Are you an Oppo employee by any chance or just an apologist fan boy? Your passive aggressiveness towards my posts is pretty strange . I'm giving my opinion based on my experience, just like you when you post , which has been pretty negative and you turn it around as if it's my fault that a FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR blu ray player has what I consider legitimate issues. Silly me for wanting it to work properly.

Dedicated theater

JVC RS46U

Lumagen XE3D

Marantz SR7008

Oppo BDP103

Darbee Darblet

Klipsch RF7II mains

Klipsch RC64II center

PSA XS15 Sub

Roku3

Harmony 900

post #5607 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Wow. Are you an Oppo employee by any chance or just an apologist fan boy? Your passive aggressiveness towards my posts is pretty strange . I'm giving my opinion based on my experience, just like you when you post , which has been pretty negative and you turn it around as if it's my fault that a FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR blu ray player has what I consider legitimate issues. Silly me for wanting it to work properly.

all blu ray players have certain problems here and there. its more about how the company goes about to fix it. you will get more help from oppo then the other big companies. that is for sure.

Jacob
post #5608 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 10:53 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:

DIal it back a bit, please. No one here got a dime of your money. This is not the complaint department. We do technical Q&A. If you have a problem we can help with, post it. Otherwise deal directly with OPPO.

-Bill
post #5609 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

DIal it back a bit, please. No one here got a dime of your money. This is not the complaint department. We do technical Q&A. If you have a problem we can help with, post it. Otherwise deal directly with OPPO.

-Bill
I posted about a few problems and some went unaddressed. No big deal but why one guy feels the need to ridicule me on the Netflix thing is odd. Just defending myself.

Dedicated theater

JVC RS46U

Lumagen XE3D

Marantz SR7008

Oppo BDP103

Darbee Darblet

Klipsch RF7II mains

Klipsch RC64II center

PSA XS15 Sub

Roku3

Harmony 900

post #5610 of 17761 Old 02-14-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

-Bill
I posted about a few problems and some went unaddressed. No big deal but why one guy feels the need to ridicule me on the Netflix thing is odd. Just defending myself.
I responded to this quote:

"The only thing that works correctly on this machine is playing shiny discs. Considering that this is a five hundred dollar machine I can't help but feel like I was ripped off."

I agree with Bill.

As for my employment background, I haven't really worked for anyone for the past 19 years. smile.gif

You are right about the admiration for OPPO that I've gained reading OPPO threads for several years here at AVS. If you didn't get what you expected, and it took over thirty days to discover that, then sell your OPPO. You'll get a much higher percentage of the purchase price for it because there are a lot of "fan boys" out there.

Now, I'm going to take Bill's advise. Enjoy. smile.gif
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page