Forum Jump: 

post #7741 of 17943 Old 04-13-2013, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Go to post number one where you'll find a link to the Unofficial BDP-103 FAQ for this player. It's at the top of the first post. You may find an answer there.

Friday night is a very quiet time of the week so the guys who can make the best suggestions aren't as available. Give it until Monday or Tuesday before you worry about contacting OPPO. Most likely it's a HDLive or other simple setting problem that you'll be able to fix yourself.

Check the Problems section of the FAQ, but try this first:

What do I do if a Blu-ray disc will not load or play, or if it freezes the player?

I wouldn't load the current public beta firmware, but if you don't have the current official release firmware you might want to do that at some point. If you do contact OPPO the will need details about the two disks that have caused your problem.

Thanks for the link to the 83 FAQ.

I did check the 103 FAQ but it looks a little sparse compared to the 83's.

Reseting to factory defaults appears to have fixed the issue with 'Underworld: Awakening.' I had previously just the delete persistent stores without success.

I also was having a missing menu for 'Dumbo' too. It was never there to begin with, I was wondering where the bonus features were. Now after the reset it there, and it seems OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_harry View Post

I tried my copy of 'Underworld:Awakening' and had no problems with it resuming under several different start up and settings scenarios (U.S. player with latest stable firmware). Maybe clearing persistent storage will help.
I don't have 'Game of Thrones' but this sounds similar to the menu problems which some of us have had with some studios BD's. I haven't heard of any solutions to these problems yet.

Report your disc problems to Oppo.

Thanks for giving it a try. I can't repeat the issue now after the reset.

Now, my 'Game of Thrones' issues is still there. I needed to turn on DB-Live. I'll report it.

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7742 of 17943 Old 04-13-2013, 08:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano18 View Post

I have noticed recently that my 103 will lose its internet connection after being powered down. It is hard wired to a Pakedge gigabit switch in my rack & I have quick start enabled. I can see the status light off sometimes when in standby, but it will come on & stay on after powering it back up & down. Seems to be inconsistent & I haven't contacted Oppo yet. I just thought I would share this & see if anyone else has noticed this issue also.

Most likely this is an issue with your router, although the switch might be a factor as well. What happens if you stop using Quick Start?
post #7743 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 12:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumoffu View Post

Now, my 'Game of Thrones' issues is still there. I needed to turn on DB-Live. I'll report it.

Thanks all!
I've always had DB-Live OFF, and no Internet connection on our BDP-93, but I've read that some Blu-ray issues actually require that BD-Live be on. There must not be many of them or I would had a problem by now.

I'm glad your other movies are now working. I got to the link I sent you through the BDP-103 FAQ. I imagine that the procedure is the same for all three Blu-ray player generations.
post #7744 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 02:49 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidetracked View Post

SD-DVD and other sources;
On SD-DVDs, or if you run your cable or satellite through the HDMI ins, the differences are the same as above but more pronounced. Per Oppo, the QEDO chip in HDMI 1 automatically adapts to the incoming signal and lower resolutions will kick in higher levels of processing. So, some of us (please note, far from all) dislike what HDMI 1 does to those sources more strongly. I see modest loss of shadow detail, artificial contrast, waxy looking skin. But again, there seems to be debate. Personal taste and set up both are clearly factors.

Are you satisfied with the pq (upscaled DVDs) when you use HDMI2 ?
post #7745 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 06:37 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Most likely this is an issue with your router, although the switch might be a factor as well. What happens if you stop using Quick Start?
I haven't tried to disable it yet, I will give that a try. I will also try switching the port on the switch if it persists with quick start off. I am using a Time Capsule with DHCP reservation for all of my clients. I am also not using the beta firmware yet. I usually do use the beta, but have been reluctant due to all of the negative experiences.
post #7746 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 89
I think people should stop comparing the 103 to other bluray players. First of all its a "universal player" which means it does more than a typical bluray player. If 90% of your use is bluray this not the player for you.
ckronengold likes this.

Panasonic TC-P50ST60 plasma HD television, Onkyo TX-SR805 and PIONEER ELITE VSX-47TX receivers, Klipsch RB-75(2 pair) and RB-61 bookshelf speakers, Klipsch RSW-10, RSW-12(2), Velodyne HGS-12, HGS-18 subwoofers, PS3 80G, PIONEER DV-525 dvd player, Klipsch RS-42 surrounds, Klipsch RC-52 center channel
post #7747 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemiza View Post

I think people should stop comparing the 103 to other bluray players. First of all its a "universal player" which means it does more than a typical bluray player. If 90% of your use is bluray this not the player for you.

I hope it's ok to simply pose the question though. This is a blu-ray player forum after all. If the answer is that the 103 is overkill for those using it for 100% blu-ray, then so be it. The 103 does offer SOURCE DIRECT, which is not so common for for blu-ray players currently on the market (AFAIK). This option may make sense for those with a video processor if SOURCE DIRECT will allow for the very best handling of the video. Faster load times would be an extra bonus too. So then we come to the bottom line for those looking ONLY for a blu-ray player in a home theater:

1) Two HDMI outs. There are less pricey blu-ray players with two such as the Panny BDP-330, so this feature alone does not justify the expense.

2) SOURCE DIRECT. Desirable and if so, why? If desirable for some, then are there players on the market for less with this feature?

4) Faster load times. Alone, this isn't worth it to me, but I wouldn't blame someone for going for it.

5) Build quality, customer service, etc. These things have value too, but alone, for me, it isn't worth it. Again, I couldn't blame someone for paying for this and faster load times.

HT 3.1: Panny BDT 220 | 60" Panny VT60 | Marantz AV7005 | Focal CMS50 (L/R), CMS40 & CMS Sub

Stereo system: Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 tube line level | Cary Audio SA-200.2 | Focal Diablo Utopia III
post #7748 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

The -103 supports the Roku Streaming Stick, which has Amazon and many other things. You can get one for a discount from OPPO.

As an Amazon Prime member, would this allow me to stream Amazon content via the Oppo for no additional charge?
post #7749 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 09:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post

As an Amazon Prime member, would this allow me to stream Amazon content via the Oppo for no additional charge?

Roku offers Amazon. Using the Roku Stick via the Oppo allows you to access Amazon and play it through the Oppo. But its a convenience only, there's no real gains in PQ/AQ by doing so.
post #7750 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh901 View Post

1) Two HDMI outs. There are less pricey blu-ray players with two such as the Panny BDP-330, so this feature alone does not justify the expense.

Is there any advantage in plugging the HDMI out to the TV directly instead of passing thru the receiver? I was under the impression that HDMI is HDMI so assuming your receiver is HDMI 1.4 ready, what's the point of having 2 HDMI out? Thanks.
post #7751 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post

Is there any advantage in plugging the HDMI out to the TV directly instead of passing thru the receiver? I was under the impression that HDMI is HDMI so assuming your receiver is HDMI 1.4 ready, what's the point of having 2 HDMI out? Thanks.

Some AVR's can cause issues, and insert video issues. Proper testing ir required, but if an AVR passes thru properly, then no there isnt an advantage.

65" VT50 / BDT460
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
post #7752 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

Roku offers Amazon. Using the Roku Stick via the Oppo allows you to access Amazon and play it through the Oppo. But its a convenience only, there's no real gains in PQ/AQ by doing so.

There are no real gains in PQ/AQ compared to what? Watching it through a PC?
post #7753 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 09:59 AM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

Are you satisfied with the pq (upscaled DVDs) when you use HDMI2 ?

Personally not really, but a) I'm very picky, b) I still have my 83 and my 983 hooked up to my system,
and after A/Bing I'd never watch SD-DVDs on the 103.

If I had never done the comparison it might not bug me as much. Although I will say, the first time
I played an SD-DVD I mastered (I started on HDMI 1) I immediately thought 'am I crazy, or is this picture
not as good?" That led to lots of comparing HDMI 1, 2 and my older players. And while HDMI 2 was
certainly closer to accurate than HDMI 1, it was certainly behind the older ABT chipped Oppo players in
shadow detail and other key features.

It's fine, probably better than many players, but I'm used to Oppo blowing most other SD-DVD players away,
the 103 seems a step back compared to the ABT players from A+ to B+ in terms of SD-DVD. For example
I couldn't say that the 103 was better with SD-DVDs than my Pioneer 51, something I can definitely say
about the older players.
post #7754 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 10:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post

There are no real gains in PQ/AQ compared to what? Watching it through a PC?

Compared to using a Roku box or Stick connected direct to your TV.
post #7755 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 11:57 AM

Liked: 13
Still having intermittent Netflix audio sync issues. This was supposed to be resolved on the latest (non-beta) firmware from a few months ago, but it isn't. Is anyone not on the beta still having issues with audio/video sync on Netflix? These have been resolved for me for blu-ray/dvd playback, but every once in awhile I'll turn the player on, access the netflix app, and pick a stream which will have audio delayed by one second. This happens both on the digital and analog audio outputs on the 103. Stopping the stream, pausing the stream, or exiting the netflix app, or even power cycling the player doesn't fix the issue. If I choose a different stream and then go back to the orignal problematic stream, occasionally that fixes the problem, but sometimes it just stays messed up for the whole night, and then is fine the next day. I assumed this was a netflix issue, but it's completely random and doesn't get resolved even after cycling the app or bdp-103. And it's not dependent on particular streams, sometime a problematic stream is perfectly fine the next day. It usually manifest itself on the first stream I choose after starting the netflix app. Other streams tend to work better. It's annoying because i can't fix it no matter what i do once it's started to happen. I'd guess it was my system setup, but I never had these issues with the bdp-93 at all in the exact same configuration. And the auio/video lip sync issues happen randomly once or twice every week or so. Anyone else have this issue?
post #7756 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Big assumption. Some of us have absolutely no wish to replace our uber-expensive AVRs for new ones that support HDMI 1.4. This feature is a god-send if we want to watch 3D.
pgodden likes this.
post #7757 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:

There are several. As mentioned above and eluded to by you the most referenced being non 1.4 AVRs/processors. I fall into that boat, as well as run a main room plasma and bedroom plasma off my 103. The panels have different resolutions thus the OPPO easily accommodates them where an HDMI switch was always finicky. Having both two outputs and the input on the OPPO just adds flexibility.
Cheers

Love DIY
post #7758 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 12:53 PM

Liked: 10
I have been having audio problems with my Pioneer SC-05 and my 103. I have the latest updates but still this problem is there. When I play a 3d movie I get videio but no audio. If I play the blu-ray disc I get both video and audio.Has anyone else had this issue with theirs?

LG 60LM7200, Pioneer SC-05, Panamax M4300-PM, Oppo BDP-103, Paridigm Monitor7's (fronts and center), Velodyne F-1200, Infinity surrounds.
post #7759 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 01:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flave View Post

Quote:

Big assumption. Some of us have absolutely no wish to replace our uber-expensive AVRs for new ones that support HDMI 1.4. This feature is a god-send if we want to watch 3D.
Or a curse. eek.gifrolleyes.gif
post #7760 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 01:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post

I have been having audio problems with my Pioneer SC-05 and my 103. I have the latest updates but still this problem is there. When I play a 3d movie I get videio but no audio. If I play the blu-ray disc I get both video and audio.Has anyone else had this issue with theirs?
Are you saying that you have no audio when you play a 3D Blu-ray disk, but that you have both audio and video when you play a 2D Blu-ray disk? What's the source for your 3D movies?
post #7761 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 02:20 PM

Liked: 19
I have followed a number of posted suggestions but find myself unable to unite my PC with my 103. When I type in its URL on the PC (192.168.0.13) I get a message "Unable to connect." My Windows Device searcher doesn't find it either although it just found my new Pioneer SC-1522-K sitting right next to the 103. Everything is hooked into the same network by cable. I've opened all the sharing settings I can find and turned off my Firewall briefly with no success. When I select the Oppo Network icon it starts loading and gives me one listing, "BOBSACKETT-PC:Bob Sackett:>Music>All Artists 0/0" I don't know where it is getting this info from or how it knows the name of my computer.

The Oppo shows up on my Control Panel/Network/Network Sharing/Media Streaming, but not on my Control Panel/Hardware/Devices.

Any ideas?

Bob Sackett
post #7762 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 02:26 PM

yes that is exactly what is happening. It was working perfectly for the last few weeks and suddenly it started acting up like that again. As you might expect I am not happy about the situation. Thank you for writing.

LG 60LM7200, Pioneer SC-05, Panamax M4300-PM, Oppo BDP-103, Paridigm Monitor7's (fronts and center), Velodyne F-1200, Infinity surrounds.
post #7763 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 02:29 PM

I am using the BDP-103 as a source.

post #7764 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 02:31 PM

The 3d movies that are not working are on a dick not streaming.

post #7765 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 02:43 PM

I have been using Intel WiDi on my Windows 7 computer to stream my desktop to my Panasonic VT30 and my old Sony Blu-Ray. On those devices my computer shows up under the list of networked devices and so does my computer with WiDi after it. On the Oppo I do not see the WiDi. Does anyone know if Intel WiDi works with the Oppo 103? If so what should I be doing to make it visible? Thanks
post #7766 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 03:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

The 3d movies that are not working are on a disc not streaming.
OK. Your 2D Blu-rays are playing correctly, but, after working in the past, any 3D Blu-rays that you try have no audio. I'm assuming that having your firmware up to date doesn't include the new beta firmware.

You probably need to post your HDMI cable setup and any relevant audio settings in the OPPO. For instance are you using Split A/V. I don't recall if your AVR is 3D capable.
post #7767 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 06:04 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnilam1 View Post

I have followed a number of posted suggestions but find myself unable to unite my PC with my 103. When I type in its URL on the PC (192.168.0.13) I get a message "Unable to connect." My Windows Device searcher doesn't find it either although it just found my new Pioneer SC-1522-K sitting right next to the 103. Everything is hooked into the same network by cable. I've opened all the sharing settings I can find and turned off my Firewall briefly with no success. When I select the Oppo Network icon it starts loading and gives me one listing, "BOBSACKETT-PC:Bob Sackett:>Music>All Artists 0/0" I don't know where it is getting this info from or how it knows the name of my computer.

The Oppo shows up on my Control Panel/Network/Network Sharing/Media Streaming, but not on my Control Panel/Hardware/Devices.

Any ideas?

A few things:

1. Make sure you do not have any Microsoft Live products installed on your computer. This includes Essentials or Live for Games. Live - for some reason - interferes with OPPO's ability to connect with your computer.

2. Why are you trying to access your OPPO from your computer? To set up SMB you just need to input your User/Pass in the OPPO. Forgive me for asking an obvious question, but did you share folders already? Are you using DLNA instead of SMB? When you login to an SMB share, the default top tree is Pictures, Music, and Video. This is not an actual folder, but the OPPO's way of deciding which filetypes to filter for in the actual directory structures. Once you selected P/M/V, it'll display your shared folder structure, but only the files of the selected type.

3. I don't believe the OPPO should appear under Hardware/Devices and that it is indeed appearing in the right spot as it is viewed as a Media streaming device. I could be wrong on this though.

post #7768 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 06:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

disc..sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

OK. Your 2D Blu-rays are playing correctly, but, after working in the past, any 3D Blu-rays that you try have no audio. I'm assuming that having your firmware up to date doesn't include the new beta firmware.

You probably need to post your HDMI cable setup and any relevant audio settings in the OPPO. For instance are you using Split A/V. I don't recall if your AVR is 3D capable.

There's a setting in the Oppo called "blank HDMI-2", its in the 3D setup menu. That should fix the audio problem if HDMI-1 goes directly to display and HDMI-2 goes to AVR.
post #7769 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:

There's a setting in the Oppo called "blank HDMI-2", its in the 3D setup menu. That should fix the audio problem if HDMI-1 goes directly to display and HDMI-2 goes to AVR.

I had a similar issue yesterday, couldnt figure out for the life of me. Once I changed the cables... HDMI2 to the AVR and HDMI to my projector it worked. Of course the HDMI is set to Split AV. Is it posssible you have your cables reversed?
post #7770 of 17943 Old 04-14-2013, 07:01 PM

I have just hooked up a new 103, had some 3D blue disc iso backup on my NAS. These obvously I cannot anymore, does anyone know what format can I convert them to that is high quality and the 103 CAN play them therough the network?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page