Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 340 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 495Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #10171 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
Rick R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 611
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post

I guess you'll be posting within the Official OPPO BDP-95 Owner's Thread from now on...

Cheers and the very best of luck to you...

Yes maybe, although I tend to be more active on the Pio 51/05 thread, really is a shame about the problems (and what I see as shortcomings) I had with the 103 in many ways I quite liked it for the short spell I had it. The 95 was installed in about 5mins all set up in 10 and all done and dusted with some test movies and cd's no problems at all with HDMI1/2 configs. So something queer going on with the 103 as they all have the same HDMI port version. Thank you for the kind wishes, got some serious listening to do now smile.gif.
Rick R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10172 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Member
 
winston99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Bob,
That worked and can play the redbox dvd all the way up to 1080i. what does that tell us?
winston99 is offline  
post #10173 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,691
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston99 View Post

Bob,
That worked and can play the redbox dvd all the way up to 1080i. what does that tell us?

Do I understand that it's working all OK now? Or do you mean to say it works at 1080i, but not at 1080p?

If all OK then I suspect that it's no more complicated than that some glitch in the HDMI handshaking caused that input on your TV to have a stroke. It was probably the power cycling of the TV more than anything else which fixed it.

If it should be working at 1080p but still isn't, make sure you have DVD 24p Conversion turned off in the 103 as your TV may not be able to accept that.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #10174 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Member
 
winston99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

Do I understand that it's working all OK now? Or do you mean to say it works at 1080i, but not at 1080p?

If all OK then I suspect that it's no more complicated than that some glitch in the HDMI handshaking caused that input on your TV to have a stroke. It was probably the power cycling of the TV more than anything else which fixed it.

If it should be working at 1080p but still isn't, make sure you have DVD 24p Conversion turned off in the 103 as your TV may not be able to accept that.
--Bob

Bob,
I wasn't very clear in my previous post, let me try again,

it will not play the redbox DVD at 1080p. It will play at 1080i or lower.
This is the very first DVD i have ever played in it. Previously i played 2 blueray disks with 1080p24 "on"
1080p24 output has been on probably since i first set the 103 up and dish 722 dvr, ATV3, roku stick and streaming (audio) using various media servers on my mac mini have worked pretty well, and i have never had to change the resolution.
winston99 is offline  
post #10175 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,691
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
^ There are two different settings. The 1080p/24 setting (usually set to AUTO) is the setting enabling /24 output when you play /24 content as from a Blu-ray disc.

The other setting is DVD 24p Conversion which applies only to standard definition DVD playback while 1080p output resolution is set.

If DVD 24p Conversion is OFF now, try turning it on. If THAT gets you proper video then the problem would appear to be that your HDMI cabling can't handle the bandwidth of 1080p/60, whereas it CAN handle the lesser bandwidth of 1080p/24 or 1080i/60. This is not an uncommon problem with HDMI cabling. If you have anything in the cabling path -- e.g., daisy-chained cables, adapters, wall plates, HDMI switches, gizmos like Darbee, etc., -- those should be suspect.

Since you can view the Home Menu at 1080p (which will be output by the player at 1080p/60), the problem would appear to be that the copy protection check is failing. The video for Home Menu is not copy protected of course, but your SD-DVD is. Failure of copy protection can be as symptom of marginal HDMI cabling, just like failure to get an image of any form at a given resolution and frame rate.

(I'm also assuming you are not trying to do anything more complicated -- such as turning on 3D conversion in the OPPO while playing that SD-DVD.)
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #10176 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 02:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DavidHir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 11,163
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post

Now on a few discs I have some lip sync issues, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes is one. Switching to the coaxial input the lip sync issue is gone compared to HDMI 2. Anyone else have this issue of slight delay in the audio through HDMI 2 when watching a film and is there a fix?

I recently bought a new display (Panasonic 65VT60) and have been using a Pioneer Elite 91-TXH receiver for some time now. Since getting the display paired with the 103, I was getting similar lip sync issues. I have the Oppo with HDMI I going directly into the display with HDMI 2 for audio going to the receiver. I have largely corrected the issue with the delay in my receiver although I think it still might be the just a hair. I was using the Disney WOW disc's audio video sync pattern, but if anyone else has a better idea, please let me know.

DavidHir is online now  
post #10177 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
flinchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

I recently bought a new display (Panasonic 65VT60) and have been using a Pioneer Elite 91-TXH receiver for some time now. Since getting the display paired with the 103, I was getting similar lip sync issues. I have the Oppo with HDMI I going directly into the display with HDMI 2 for audio going to the receiver. I have largely corrected the issue with the delay in my receiver although I think it still might be the just a hair. I was using the Disney WOW disc's audio video sync pattern, but if anyone else has a better idea, please let me know.

I'm only using the Oppo HDMI 1 into a Onkyo 818 and I have slight lip synch issues that I can't completely solve using either the player or the receiver's (or both) A/V synch controls. Using the newest beta firmware on the Oppo with the receiver A/V synch at +5 - closest I can get but it still seems off a tiny bit. Very frustrated with this.
flinchn is offline  
post #10178 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
flinchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 202
And I also used Disney's WOW test, and it comes up perfect with all A/V synch set to 0 - but this is not true in real-world play of DVD or Bluray.
flinchn is offline  
post #10179 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 03:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DavidHir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 11,163
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchn View Post

And I also used Disney's WOW test, and it comes up perfect with all A/V synch set to 0 - but this is not true in real-world play of DVD or Bluray.

Yeah, kind of what I am finding. My receiver delay is at +4.

DavidHir is online now  
post #10180 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,691
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
^ Guys, judging A/V sync to under 5ms based on real content is beyond most people. At 24 frames per second, each frame time is just under 42ms. So you are talking less than 1/8th of a frame time.

In typical movies, it wouldn't surprise me if there's variation on that scale, from scene to scene -- i.e., inherent in the content.

I recommend you set your audio delay according to the test on Disney's WOW, Blu-ray. Just be sure when checking that, that you have everything set up the way you normally use the system while viewing movies.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #10181 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 03:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 19,170
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked: 1046
Can this player - and Oppos in general - be hacked to be region-free? Sometimes it's as easy as entering a "secret code" into the remote.
archiguy is online now  
post #10182 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 03:59 PM
One-Man Content Creator
 
wmcclain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 18,582
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Can this player - and Oppos in general - be hacked to be region-free? Sometimes it's as easy as entering a "secret code" into the remote.

For DVD: yes.

For Blu-ray: no, you need a hardware mod.

See the FAQ: Region Free Modifications

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
wmcclain is online now  
post #10183 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
flinchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

^ Guys, judging A/V sync to under 5ms based on real content is beyond most people. At 24 frames per second, each frame time is just under 42ms. So you are talking less than 1/8th of a frame time.

In typical movies, it wouldn't surprise me if there's variation on that scale, from scene to scene -- i.e., inherent in the content.

I recommend you set your audio delay according to the test on Disney's WOW, Blu-ray. Just be sure when checking that, that you have everything set up the way you normally use the system while viewing movies.
--Bob


I guarantee you would find the A/V synch unacceptable after using the Wow disc to set it. I don't know how to convince you if you can't see it.
flinchn is offline  
post #10184 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,691
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
By the way, using that Disney WOW Blu-ray A/V Sync chart can be a bit misleading if you are not careful. The brain ANTICIPATES what's supposed to happen and so you can read the chart earlier or later than "reality" depending on how your brain works.

One tip I've found helpful is to go up to the screen with an opaque object to use as a marker -- i just use the remote control. Ignore the flashing yellow dot in the middle of the circle and concentrate on the hash marks around the rim of the circle.

Place your marker one mark beyond "perfect" and focus on THE MARKER -- not on the rotating bar, or the flashing yellow bits, or anything else. While focussing on the marker, LISTEN for the sync tone, and ask yourself, "Did that tone happen BEFORE the sweep arm reached my marker?"

Now do the same thing with the hash mark one step earlier than "perfect" and ask, "Did the tone happen AFTER the sweep arm passed my marker?" The trick again is to focus on the marker, and not try to continuously follow the sweep arm.

If both answers are yes, the sync is in the right region. With practice, you'll be able to focus on the marker and ALSO see the sweep arm reach precisely to "perfect" as the sync tone happens. You can now try halving the region -- that is position the marker half-way between "perfect" and the the next hash mark either side of "perfect" to refine this, but by this point you should be finding it pretty difficult to tell because the interval is so short.

In fact if you are ALREADY having difficulty telling with the first test, train yourself by expanding outwards -- placing the marker at TWO hash marks either side of "perfect". Or even THREE. By that point the answer at each marker should be obvious. Now start pinching back in again, until you can check this over a sufficiently small region either side of "perfect".

This method reduces brain bias because you are forcing yourself to focus on a single location (the marker) and compare the arrival of the sweep arm vs. the tone at THAT location. And by doing this both sides of "perfect" you also force yourself to eliminate the bias your brain wants to insert (the anticipation of the result).
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #10185 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,691
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

^ Guys, judging A/V sync to under 5ms based on real content is beyond most people. At 24 frames per second, each frame time is just under 42ms. So you are talking less than 1/8th of a frame time.

In typical movies, it wouldn't surprise me if there's variation on that scale, from scene to scene -- i.e., inherent in the content.

I recommend you set your audio delay according to the test on Disney's WOW, Blu-ray. Just be sure when checking that, that you have everything set up the way you normally use the system while viewing movies.
--Bob


I guarantee you would find the A/V synch unacceptable after using the Wow disc to set it. I don't know how to convince you if you can't see it.

Are you using their Blu-ray disc or their SD-DVD?

My system needs no added audio delay -- that's just the way my Anthem D2v and display work. I get a correct result both with Disney's WOW, Blu-ray and with real movies that I've long used as sync checks.

ETA: I also use sync tests on other calibration discs -- all of which confirm the result I'm getting with the Disney WOW Blu-ray.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #10186 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Member
 
winston99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

^ There are two different settings. The 1080p/24 setting (usually set to AUTO) is the setting enabling /24 output when you play /24 content as from a Blu-ray disc.

The other setting is DVD 24p Conversion which applies only to standard definition DVD playback while 1080p output resolution is set.

If DVD 24p Conversion is OFF now, try turning it on. If THAT gets you proper video then the problem would appear to be that your HDMI cabling can't handle the bandwidth of 1080p/60, whereas it CAN handle the lesser bandwidth of 1080p/24 or 1080i/60. This is not an uncommon problem with HDMI cabling. If you have anything in the cabling path -- e.g., daisy-chained cables, adapters, wall plates, HDMI switches, gizmos like Darbee, etc., -- those should be suspect.

Since you can view the Home Menu at 1080p (which will be output by the player at 1080p/60), the problem would appear to be that the copy protection check is failing. The video for Home Menu is not copy protected of course, but your SD-DVD is. Failure of copy protection can be as symptom of marginal HDMI cabling, just like failure to get an image of any form at a given resolution and frame rate.

(I'm also assuming you are not trying to do anything more complicated -- such as turning on 3D conversion in the OPPO while playing that SD-DVD.)
--Bob

DVD 24p conversion was and is on,
Sorry,I feel bad i cannot tell you for sure what resolved it because of the changes i made that i did not document, but now the redbox DVD is now playing at the 1080P resolution for some reason with these settings--- output resolution = 1080P, 1080p24 output=Auto, and DVD 24p Conversion = On
winston99 is offline  
post #10187 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,691
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
^ To double-check, just turn DVD 24p Conversion OFF now -- no other changes. That will change the DVD output to 1080p/60. If that still works, then I think you can fairly say it is time to declare victory! smile.gif
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #10188 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 08:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DavidHir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 11,163
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)
Liked: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

^ Guys, judging A/V sync to under 5ms based on real content is beyond most people. At 24 frames per second, each frame time is just under 42ms. So you are talking less than 1/8th of a frame time.

In typical movies, it wouldn't surprise me if there's variation on that scale, from scene to scene -- i.e., inherent in the content.

I recommend you set your audio delay according to the test on Disney's WOW, Blu-ray. Just be sure when checking that, that you have everything set up the way you normally use the system while viewing movies.
--Bob

What's odd is, with my exact same set-up on my previous display (another Panasonic plasma), no issues. Just with my new one.

DavidHir is online now  
post #10189 of 21409 Old 07-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,691
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
^ Double-check to make sure you don't have audio coming out of the built in speakers in your new display.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #10190 of 21409 Old 07-09-2013, 03:40 AM
Member
 
winston99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

^ To double-check, just turn DVD 24p Conversion OFF now -- no other changes. That will change the DVD output to 1080p/60. If that still works, then I think you can fairly say it is time to declare victory! smile.gif
--Bob

Yes, it still works. victory! Thank you sir!
winston99 is offline  
post #10191 of 21409 Old 07-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Member
 
Medieval Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

^ Double-check to make sure you don't have audio coming out of the built in speakers in your new display.
--Bob
Heh, that would be embarrassing.

Sounds like something I'd do!

AKA Rob Helmerichs
Medieval Guy is offline  
post #10192 of 21409 Old 07-09-2013, 04:37 AM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,691
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
^ I do consulting with folks setting up their Anthem prepros and its actually rather surprising how often this simple error happens. The HDMI output of the Anthem carries a stereo down-mix of whatever audio is being played. Usually the first symptom is a sense that there's an "echo" in the audio. That's because the relative timing of audio out the TV speakers is different from audio out the main front speakers. But it can also come up if folks find they are getting odd lip-sync results. The ear hears mixed timing, and which timing the brain locks into when trying to gauge sync can hop back and forth.

Typically the story is that folks turn on the TV speakers when using its built-in tuner, and then forget to turn them off when using it as their Home Theater display.

The error is actually somewhat less likely to happen in the 103/105 since Split A/V with both HDMI outputs in use mutes audio on the HDMI 1 connection going directly to the Display. So for those folks at least, there's no audio going to the Display.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #10193 of 21409 Old 07-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
flinchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 202
flinchn is offline  
post #10194 of 21409 Old 07-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,691
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
^ Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought your issue with A/V Sync was while playing shiny discs. Audio Return Channel from the TV is not in use while you are playing shiny discs. While playing discs, audio on the HDMI is outbound not inbound. But my comment was more directed to David who is having the problem with his new TV (missing a setting like this when setting up a new TV is pretty easy). Of course checking that the TV's speakers really are staying silent is as easy as putting an ear up close to them, so it's still a good one to eliminate as a possibility.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #10195 of 21409 Old 07-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
flinchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 202
My problem is with both Bluray and DVD. I used the WOW bluray and the demo loop matches the AV synch test on that disc. However, every other disc is out of synch with those settings. I tried to run the Oppo straight to the TV via HDMI and use optical to the receiver, but the synch issue persisted. Right now this is my setup:

Oppo 103 -> HDMI -> Onkyo 818 -> HDMI/ARC -> Sony 4k 65"

I did look at the new(er) release notes for the Oppo which allow you to turn off the automatic sound delay by pushing the AV synch into the negatives by quite a bit and then further tuning AV synch on the receiver. I'm still testing this but it seems every disc is slightly different, and if I stop and resume or pause, it seems to go out of synch again.
flinchn is offline  
post #10196 of 21409 Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,691
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
That's pretty bizarre. There's nothing special about the Disney WOW Blu-ray. It's just a Blu-ray disc.

Setting a large negative sync value in the OPPO is not a good thing to do, because it can't remove more audio delay than is designed in, and that varies by type of input content and your output format settings. So yes, if you set a large negative value the result will differ according to what you are playing and how you are outputting it because the built in correction values vary and you have eliminated all of them.

The puzzle here is why the Disney WOW Blu-ray results aren't working for your other discs. I'd focus on that. There's something else going on here we haven't spotted yet.

Your result is sufficiently unusual that I think it would be good to get in touch with OPPO with the model info on your AVR and Display and see if they can spot something. About the only thing I can think of is that your Onkyo is doing something unexpected when sent multi-channel audio.

If there is an Auto Lip Sync setting in the Onkyo, I'd start by turning that OFF.
--Bob
lanping09 likes this.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #10197 of 21409 Old 07-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
flinchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 202
flinchn is offline  
post #10198 of 21409 Old 07-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,691
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
^ I can't recall whether you already stated this above or not, but if you are not already using the 0522B Public Beta firmware, you should definitely switch to that before diagnosing this A/V sync issue further.

And do remember that after installing 0522B you HAVE TO do a Reset Factory Defaults to insure proper operation. So jot down your settings first.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
post #10199 of 21409 Old 07-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
flinchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

^ I can't recall whether you already stated this above or not, but if you are not already using the 0522B Public Beta firmware, you should definitely switch to that before diagnosing this A/V sync issue further.

And do remember that after installing 0522B you HAVE TO do a Reset Factory Defaults to insure proper operation. So jot down your settings first.
--Bob

I am using the beta firmware. I just reset factory defaults and everything seems ok on 2 discs (WOW and another). I will continue to test, but I doubt I'll touch any more relevant settings! smile.gif
flinchn is offline  
post #10200 of 21409 Old 07-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28,691
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
^ *fingers crossed*
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Bob Pariseau is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off