post #10981 of 19462 Old 08-14-2013, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheld View Post

Will a multiple-file CUE play back gapless, either from local USB or from networked SMB?

Not yet... See the Oppo BDP-103/105 and Cue Files topic...

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10982 of 19462 Old 08-14-2013, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Odd behavior with my recently purchased (as new) Oppo 103:

Today, several CDs began playing on their own when I put them in, even though the Oppo is set NOT to Autoplay CDs and SACDs. What's more, they started playing not at the beginning but at random tracks--like track 16 on one, track 22 on another... These were commercial CDs, not CD-Rs, in pristine condition. I had never played them on this unit. It happened with three CDs in a row and then not again with several others that I played after that. The player was brand-new out of the box, and it was upgraded to the latest Public (non-Beta) firmware last week.

Anyone else have this happen?

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
post #10983 of 19462 Old 08-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post

Odd behavior with my recently purchased (as new) Oppo 103:

Today, several CDs began playing on their own when I put them in, even though the Oppo is set NOT to Autoplay CDs and SACDs. What's more, they started playing not at the beginning but at random tracks--like track 16 on one, track 22 on another... These were commercial CDs, not CD-Rs, in pristine condition. I had never played them on this unit. It happened with three CDs in a row and then not again with several others that I played after that. The player was brand-new out of the box, and it was upgraded to the latest Public (non-Beta) firmware last week.

Anyone else have this happen?

If you've not already done so after the firmware Install, jot down your settings, Reset Factory Defaults, and re-enter your settings. A Reset is required after that install. Also Erase Persistent Storage in Setup > Device Setup.

Power cycle the player and see if the problem persists. If so, give OPPO a call -- there may be a problem with the settings memory in your new player. They'll take care of it.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #10984 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

If you've not already done so after the firmware Install, jot down your settings, Reset Factory Defaults, and re-enter your settings. A Reset is required after that install. Also Erase Persistent Storage in Setup > Device Setup.

Power cycle the player and see if the problem persists. If so, give OPPO a call -- there may be a problem with the settings memory in your new player. They'll take care of it.
--Bob

Thanks for the advice, Bob. The firmware update was conducted the first time i plugged in the player, so the settings were still on factory default, and I did a reset anyway. I will do the Erase Persistent Storage. If the poroblem persists, I will contact Oppo.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
post #10985 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Motorola cable box running through my OPPO then to my Sony LED. I had a persistant problem with audio synchronized to the video until I downloaded the July 24th Firmware. This problem has been succesfully solved however I now get a random black screen when changing channels. The only way to correct the black screen is to power down the OPPO 103. Will the latest 08/12/13 BETA firmware correct the black screen problem?
post #10986 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 06:38 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE MORRILL View Post

I have a Motorola cable box running through my OPPO then to my Sony LED. I had a persistant problem with audio synchronized to the video until I downlaoded the July 24th Firmware. This problem has been succesfully solved however I now get a random black screen when changing channels. The only way to correct the black screen is to power down the OPPO 103. Will the latest 08/12/13 BETA firmware correct the black screen problem?

I'm not sure about the new firmware; I would try it.

As a workaround, instead of powering down you might try to initiate a new HDMI handshake. On the player side, switch to different output resolution and back again, say 1080p to 1080i and back to 1080p. If there is no image on the screen the front panel of the player shows what is happening.

This may only correct the output chain. For input: does the cable box have any similar control?

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #10987 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Survey: Does your '103 display Album Art when playing Music from a UPnP / DLNA Media Server?

Has anyone had any success in getting the '103 to display album art when playing songs from a UPnP / DLNA server? (In my case, it always displays only the image of a stylised music note). And if anyone has had success, can you please also state the circumstances under which it is working:

1) Which UPnP / DLNA Media Server software are you using?

2a) Are you using the player to browse the music library and select the song to play ("pull" play)?

2b) Or are you using another control point to browse the music library and command the song to play ("push" play)?

3) In case of 2b) which control point software (app) are you using?
post #10988 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE MORRILL View Post

I have a Motorola cable box running through my OPPO then to my Sony LED. I had a persistant problem with audio synchronized to the video until I downloaded the July 24th Firmware. This problem has been succesfully solved however I now get a random black screen when changing channels. The only way to correct the black screen is to power down the OPPO 103. Will the latest 08/12/13 BETA firmware correct the black screen problem?

Your cable box is set to "native" output. It is sending 1080I on some channels and 720p on other channels. Some TVs will blank when there is a resolution change. Change the Oppo setting from Auto back to 1080P output.  

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #10989 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 07:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFG View Post

Survey: Does your '103 display Album Art when playing Music from a UPnP / DLNA Media Server?

Has anyone had any success in getting the '103 to display album art when playing songs from a UPnP / DLNA server? (In my case, it always displays only the image of a stylised music note). And if anyone has had success, can you please also state the circumstances under which it is working:
Don't know about playing music from a server. But the Oppo does not support "external album art" in folders, such as "cover.jpg".

It only supports album art found imbedded in the music file tags of each music file.

I had to manually update my 1100 FLAC files using MP3Tag to install each of my 500 album folders' "cover.jpg" into the FLAC tag of each music file in each album folder. Took a while, but I now do have album art while playing FLAC from a USB drive.
post #10990 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

2a) Are you using the player to browse the music library and select the song to play ("pull" play)?

2b) Or are you using another control point to browse the music library and command the song to play ("push" play)?

I have all my music files stored on a Synology NAS. And 'Gracenote' disabled on the Oppo...

When I use the Oppo to navigate to my FLAC files via UPnP (or SMB). The title, artist, album, genre and album art information is displayed from the files meta-data without issue.

When I use the Oppo to navigate to my AAC.m4a files via UPnP. Only the title, artist, album and genre information is displayed from the files meta-data. There is no album art!

When I use the Oppo to navigate to my .MP3 files via UPnP. Only files who's meta-data has been saved to the UTF-16 format are able to display the title, artist, album, genre and album art information

I don't remember having such meta-data issues a few firmwares ago eek.gif

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #10991 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have searched this thread but did not find mention of my question, so here it goes and hope there is a way to do this.

How does one control multiple Oppo players (e.g. 83 and 103) with remote such that only the intended target player will respond?

I have seen posts where people said the remote programmed for 83 or 93 automatically works for 103 when the old player is replaced by the new player. It seems to me if I have both players then both players will respond to the remote commands at the same time.

Thanks

Shadow Fox

post #10992 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHadoWFoX View Post

I have searched this thread but did not find mention of my question, so here it goes and hope there is a way to do this.

How does one control multiple Oppo players (e.g. 83 and 103) with remote such that only the intended target player will respond?

I have seen posts where people said the remote programmed for 83 or 93 automatically works for 103 when the old player is replaced by the new player. It seems to me if I have both players then both players will respond to the remote commands at the same time.

Thanks
There are three available remote control settings on each remote. You select either 1, 2 or 3 on the back of your remote under the battery cover and you must also go into the setup of each Oppo player and tell it which remote setting you have chosen. If you have a region-free mod, you may have to make additional changes to make it work. You will have to check with the supplier of your mod for that process. The regular process is in the manual for your player(s).

post #10993 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks

Leave the 83 the way it is and turn to page 10 in the manual to find out how to change the 103 remote.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #10994 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 12:04 PM

Jazz and HTG

Thanks for your pointers. Can the remote code be programmed into an universal remote such as Harmony One as two separate devices? If so then I will be very happy.

Thanks

Li

Shadow Fox

post #10995 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

Jazz and HTG

Thanks for your pointers. Can the remote code be programmed into an universal remote such as Harmony One as two separate devices? If so then I will be very happy.

Thanks

Li

Yes, Harmony has a standard way of doing this, and has the several remote codes in their database.

I forget the exact process -- there's a programmable remotes forum here where the Harmony experts hang out if you need help -- but it is something like you set up the "normal" OPPO in your Harmony (which will, by default be its code set #1) and then you do a Verify Buttons, during which the Harmony stuff figures out you need one of the alternate code sets and loads that into your configuration instead.

NOTE: If you lose wall power or pull the power plug then ANY of the OPPO remote code sets will power on the player. But once the player powers up, it will switch back to the code set you have previously specified in Setup.

So after power is restored, the first time you try to power up one player with the remote, the other player(s) will also power up. Just go power them down, and they will be back to normal.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #10996 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, Harmony has a standard way of doing this, and has the several remote codes in their database.

I forget the exact process -- there's a programmable remotes forum here where the Harmony experts hang out if you need help -- but it is something like you set up the "normal" OPPO in your Harmony (which will, by default be its code set #1) and then you do a Verify Buttons, during which the Harmony stuff figures out you need one of the alternate code sets and loads that into your configuration instead.

NOTE: If you lose wall power or pull the power plug then ANY of the OPPO remote code sets will power on the player. But once the player powers up, it will switch back to the code set you have previously specified in Setup.

So after power is restored, the first time you try to power up one player with the remote, the other player(s) will also power up. Just go power them down, and they will be back to normal.
--Bob
It'll probably be easier to set up the Harmony remote if you make the 83 use remote codeset 2 or 3 and leave the 103 on codeset 1. The set of codes for the 103 are a lot more complex than the 83's codes to cover all the additional functions.

post #10997 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ In the Harmony, each player gets configured as a separate Device, so there's no problem using the 103 codes for the 103 and the 83 codes for the 83, with each of those then separately refined for which code set # is desired.

I.e, Player 1 is the 103 code set #2, and Player 2 is the 83 code set #3, or whatever.
--Bob

post #10998 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Bob, are all the codes for the alternate codesets available for the 103 in the Harmony database? They weren't a while ago. I know they are for the 83 which is why I suggested leaving the codeset alone for the 103 and using the alternative for the 83.

post #10999 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 12:30 PM

^

Wonderful technology and excellent forum members. smile.gif I am all set to add the 103 to my system.

Thanks for your quick response.

Shadow Fox

post #11000 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

Bob, are all the codes for the alternate codesets available for the 103 in the Harmony database? They weren't a while ago. I know they are for the 83 which is why I suggested leaving the codeset alone for the 103 and using the alternative for the 83.

I haven't checked, myself, but my memory is that someone posted here the alternate code sets were live for the 103 when he tried it with his Harmony.
--Bob

post #11001 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 106
Quote:

I haven't checked, myself, but my memory is that someone posted here the alternate code sets were live for the 103 when he tried it with his Harmony.
--Bob
I have a Harmony one and never reprogrammed it from when I had my 95 and it works perfectly with my 103 .I believe I posted that here previously .
post #11002 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

That's not the issue here. It's whether the Harmony database has all the alternate codeset values for the 103 for someone who needs to program his remote to handle multiple Oppo players and thus needs to have a different codeset specified for each player. You want to be sure that the Harmony database contains all these codesets so that a codeset change will work properly.

post #11003 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

^^ the other option would be to change the code set on the original remote for the 103 then learn the command to the Harmony.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #11004 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

^^ the other option would be to change the code set on the original remote for the 103 then learn the command to the Harmony.

Yeah, but learning individual commands for more than a handful of commands is a big pain in the posterior. smile.gifsmile.gif

post #11005 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

I'm also getting album art successfully with Twonky Server running on my NAS - almost all of my files are .FLAC, a few Amazon-purchased are MP3, all have embedded album art. And "Yes", to Question 2a.

- Mark
post #11006 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 106
Quote:

X2 wink.gif
post #11007 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

Yeah, but learning individual commands for more than a handful of commands is a big pain in the posterior. smile.gifsmile.gif

What you couldn't handle that? Us old A/V installers had to do that when the first universal remotes came out. tongue.gif. But I was just talking about him teaching the power on command. I wonder if the open command is different between the 83 and 103. I use the open command on my Harmony to turn on the 103.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #11008 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What you couldn't handle that? Us old A/V installers had to do that when the first universal remotes came out. tongue.gif
. But I was just talking about him teaching the power on command. I wonder if the open command is different between the 83 and 103. I use the open command on my Harmony to turn on the 103.
That's why I never wanted to be in the installation business. I've done the setup on a few of my own systems and the hours it took to get the right wires in the right places, everything measured and properly adjusted and all the other stuff you had to do was enough for me. When I bought a new receiver earlier this year, I found out the process was a lot simpler than it used to be. Of course, this time I had a receiver and not three separate power amps to deal with. No wonder a lot of people don't get into home theater. The hassles can be horrendous if you don't plan and have patience. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

post #11009 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:

What you couldn't handle that? Us old A/V installers had to do that when the first universal remotes came out. tongue.gif
. But I was just talking about him teaching the power on command. I wonder if the open command is different between the 83 and 103. I use the open command on my Harmony to turn on the 103.

Good point Al. Assume the OP wouldn't be running both Oppos at the same time? If not, just change the power on command for either one. Since the other will be off, it even though the other commands are the same it won't see them. Or have I been out in the sun too long today smile.gif ??
post #11010 of 19462 Old 08-15-2013, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

You would have to also at least program the "Open" button since using that button on a player would also turn on the other one. I'm not sure that there might not be other buttons that could do something to a player that was turned off. I'm not going to bother to test it. My 83 and 105 are in different rooms now so I don't have the OP's issue.

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page