post #11251 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 01:14 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPPOrtunist View Post

Every time I have downloaded firmware, it comes as a zip file. The trick is to save the file to your hard disk drive and then unzip it to a USB stick.

That page links to this beta firmware: http://download.oppodigital.com/BDP0103/BDP10X-60-0808B/BDP10X.bin

That is a ".bin" file exactly 114176000 bytes in size. There is also an ISO file for burning to a CD. Where is the zip file coming from?

-Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11252 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

That page links to this beta firmware: http://download.oppodigital.com/BDP0103/BDP10X-60-0808B/BDP10X.bin

That is a ".bin" file exactly 114176000 bytes in size. There is also an ISO file for burning to a CD. Where is the zip file coming from?

-Bill
The EU versions of the firmware are all .Zip files wink.gif

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #11253 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 01:22 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post

The EU versions of the firmware are all .Zip files wink.gif

Ah. That's a clue. Is lancer77 using EU firmware? I see more illustrated instructions on that web page.

-Bill
post #11254 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes... It would be a lot easier if everyone stated their locations within their profiles wink.gif
mhobart likes this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #11255 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

-Bill

I have an EU model and thus do downloads from Oppo´s European website. What you get there is zip files.
post #11256 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Copy the bin file and put it in the root directory.
post #11257 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 02:58 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

There should be no zip file involved. Where are you getting this firmware? OPPO's web page has illustrated instructions, do they not help? http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-103/BDP103-firmware-60-0808B.aspx

-Bill

Bill,

I am a UK user so it is the EU site. I have downloaded to the hard drive (it is a .zip file when downloaded), but cannot unzip it as a .bin file direct to the root drive of the USB. I'm just going round in circles getting nowhere!

I see the suggestion re copying the file from PC to the USB, but think I tried that and can't get the .bin file to copy directly (it copies the .zip!).

Any simple instructions as to how to end up from a .zip file on the PC to the unzipped .bin file in the root drive of the USB ready to plug in to the Oppo would be greatly appreciated. And don't assume knowledge on my part in making a good suggestion - I probably won't have it! Simpler the better!
post #11258 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer77 View Post

I am a UK user so it is the EU site. I have downloaded to the hard drive (it is a .zip file when downloaded), but cannot unzip it as a .bin file direct to the root drive of the USB. I'm just going round in circles getting nowhere!

I see the suggestion re copying the file from PC to the USB, but think I tried that and can't get the .bin file to copy directly (it copies the .zip!).

Any simple instructions as to how to end up from a .zip file on the PC to the unzipped .bin file in the root drive of the USB ready to plug in to the Oppo would be greatly appreciated. And don't assume knowledge on my part in making a good suggestion - I probably won't have it! Simpler the better!

lancer77,
If you are getting a zip file as the result of the down load, then unzip it and you will have both a zip file and the desired .BIN file. You can do this on your main computer hard drive. Copy the .BIN file (only) to the top level of your USB stick and discard the original, downloaded zip file.

If the result of the unzip is a new folder with the .BIN file inside it, all you need to copy to your USB stick is that .BIN file.
--Bob
alnilam1 likes this.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #11259 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
After you extract the file go to the folder that contains the bin file. Copy that file to the USB drive.
post #11260 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 03:44 PM

Liked: 11
I'm thinking of getting this unit and using the dual HDMI outputs in the following way: Primary to TV and secondary to a small monitor so I can browse network files, radio etc. without turning on the main TV. Are there any potential issues I might face with this setup? For example, I'm wondering if I have 24p set for the TV and the monitor doesn't support that, will I get no image on the TV? Or maybe certain modes wont work on the TV because the Oppo detects that the monitor can't display them?
post #11261 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 171
All streaming services and the UI will be at 1080p/60Hz, so as long as this is available on the monitor, this configuration will work.
post #11262 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubadah View Post

I'm thinking of getting this unit and using the dual HDMI outputs in the following way: Primary to TV and secondary to a small monitor so I can browse network files, radio etc. without turning on the main TV. Are there any potential issues I might face with this setup? For example, I'm wondering if I have 24p set for the TV and the monitor doesn't support that, will I get no image on the TV? Or maybe certain modes wont work on the TV because the Oppo detects that the monitor can't display them?

What's your plan for audio? Using the multi-channel Analog outputs?

To get a handle on this you need to understand the Dual HDMI Output setting -- choices Split A/V or Dual Display.

The first thing to understand is that even if you have the two outputs CABLED, if only ONE of them is "live" at the moment, then the Split A/V vs. Dual Display setting is ignored and best quality audio and video is negotiated on that one, remaining live connection according to what the device at the other end of that cable says it can accept during the HDMI handshake.

Making an HDMI connection "not live" could involved turning off that device or switching it temporarily to a different (perhaps not even connected) HDMI Input. Many modern HDMI devices keep their HDMI inputs "live" even when they are supposedly OFF -- in aid of doing things like HDMI CEC (remote control over the HDMI cable). Some devices will let you disable such stuff so that the HDMI inputs become truly "not live" when the device is turned "off".

If BOTH HDMI outputs from the OPPO are "live", then the Dual HDMI Output setting becomes important.

With Split A/V, the HDMI 1 output becomes muted for audio and negotiates best possible video with the device it is connected to (without regard to the device on the other cable). And the HDMI 2 output negotiates best possible audio with the device it is connected to without regard to what's on the HDMI 1 cable. The HDMI 2 cable also carries video -- HDMI audio can't exist without a video signal of some sort on the same cable -- but it is a "safe" video that will work with any devices that can accept the audio.

With Dual Display set, BOTH HDMI cables carry audio and video, but the quality may be reduced to what's acceptable in common. For more details see this article from OPPO's new Knowledge Base:

http://www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=35

So a typical solution would be to use Split A/V with HDMI 1 going direct to your main display and HDMI 2 going to an AVR for audio, with the video output of your AVR going to the secondary display. You can turn off the main display and video will still go through the AVR to the small display.

Or, if you plan to use the Analog audio outputs, you can send HDMI 1 to your main display, HDMI 2 to your secondary display, and Analog audio to your pre-amp. If you set Split A/V then audio will be muted on HDMI 1 whenever the secondary display connection is "live". That's not a problem unless you want to be able to use built in speakers in the main display instead of those Analog audio outputs. When you want to do THAT you could switch to Dual Display (which may reduce video quality on the main display) or you could simply make the connection to the secondary display "not live" -- i.e, turn that one OFF.

Or, suppose you want your video feed to the main display go through your AVR so that OTHER source devices can also feed that display (selected via the AVR). In that case send HDMI 1 to the AVR and the output of the AVR to your main display. Cable HDMI 2 to your secondary display. Now as long as the secondary display connection is "not live" that works fine for audio and for video through the AVR to the main display -- regardless of the setting of Dual HDMI Output.

But when you turn on the secondary display, you have a problem. With Split A/V set, the audio is muted on HDMI 1 and so you no longer have audio. With Dual Display set you get audio on HDMI 1 but the quality of the video may be reduced depending on the characteristics of your secondary display (see that Knowledge Base article) to what both connections can handle. Note that even turning off the primary display won't change this since the HDMI 1 output is still "live" to the AVR for audio. So what to do? Well the simplest answer would be set Dual Display and use your secondary display to locate and start stuff playing. THEN TURN OFF THE SECONDARY DISPLAY! There will be a brief loss of output on HDMI 1 while things are renegotiated, and then best quality audio (and video) will resume on just HDMI 1.

So there are various different usage options depending on exactly what you want to do for audio connection, and what your intended usage pattern is for each display separately and/or the two of them together.

Note that your secondary display must be able to accept standard home theater video resolutions. Some small computer monitors won't work for that. It also needs to support "copy protection". Any display with an HDMI input will support copy protection, but if you get a small display with a DVI input (which would still be compatible with HDMI from the OPPO) it may or may not support copy protection (called "HDCP").
--Bob
mogrub and alnilam1 like this.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #11263 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 05:58 PM

Liked: 12
Howdy all....

I'm a new and proud owner of the Oppo BDP-103. Just amazed at the options and quality so far.

I do have a question and will probably direct it directly to Oppo, but since I'm introducing myself thought I'd ask here first.

Due to reasons I am currently using an optical out to a MartinLogan soundbar w/ 700 Dynamo sub. I have an HDMI connection to a Panasonic 65" ZT60. I should probably mention that I have an optical cable running from the TV into the soundbar separately. On the Oppo, I've tried turning HDMI audio off and the optical output to Bitstream or LPCM. Per the manual, this is the preferred/optimal settings. Unfortunately, I get zero audio from the soundbar this way. Now, when I move HDMI audio to "Auto" (or anything except off) I am able to get sound via the *Oppo* optical link to the soundbar. What I think is happening is that the Oppo is sending the sound to the TV (via HDMI) which is doing the processing and the optical out from the Oppo simultaneously gets adjusted accordingly to what the TV is doing/accepting/magic (but this is just a guess - I really can't explain this behavior). So, this leads to a couple questions...

1) Why am I not able to use optical audio only (I've tried all optical settings with HDMI audio off)?
2) Why does the direct optical link from the Oppo to the soundbar work *only* when HDMI audio is turned on?

Any ideas appreciated and best regards to all.
post #11264 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 103
^ Welcome to Oppo ownership. It certainly sounds to me like your MartinLogan soundbar is only selected to the optical input from your TV. When the Oppo's HDMI audio output is selected to on it is providing audio via HDMI to the TV, and the TV is outputting this on its optical output to the soundbar. I believe most TVs will pass the HDMI audio through to the optical output, although possibly in a dowmixed state. Turning the Oppo's HDMI audio off shuts the HDMI audio off to the TV, which then can't deliver it via optical to the soundbar. If you can't find a setting on the soundbar to switch optical inputs, trying unplugging the optical output from the TV, and putting the Oppo's optical cable in its place.
post #11265 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 06:18 PM

Thanks for the welcome and taking the time to read and post a reply!

I should probably mention here that I have the optical from the TV going to Optical Input 2 on the ML Soundbar. I have the Oppo optical going into the Optical Input 1 on the ML Soundbar. I have selected Optical Input 1 on the soundbar (which is only getting sound from the Oppo player, not the TV). I hope this makes sense. For some reason, the optical audio from the Oppo only works with HDMI audio on. Theoretically, I should be able to only send video via HDMI and use the optical output for audio - but the Oppo (or ML soundbar) doesn't like this.
post #11266 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 06:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Hi Bob,
You may remember that on another thread I said that I wasn't interested in the 103 because I had all my needs well-met by the 93? Famous last words!

I just broke down and got the 103, since I found an, um, creative need for the two HDMI inputs and two HDMI outputs using Split A/V, in some A/B room correction testing with REW.

I'll spare you the 'why' part, except to note that the Oppo 103 helps me deal with HDMI and possibly bitstream codec issues on a certain 'love or hate' AVR with a unique form of RC, as well as provide an HDMI input for testing that RC with a laptop running REW, but let me get this straight....

a) If HDMI 1 is on Source Direct to a Lumagen Mini converting video to 1080p and b) HDMI 2 is sending LPCM multichannel audio to an AVR applying room correction and analog pre-out to an amp, what resolution and picture, if any, gets sent to that AVR on HDMI 2 for 2D sources were that unit to appear on a second display? The Source Direct one or a black screen? Assume no video processing is active on the AVR in question.

There may be a non-trivial reason to ask.

Stuart

Denon 4311 with XT32 and Audyssey Pro

Oppo 93 and 103

Panasonic VT50

Sherwood R-972 with its version of the Trinnov Optimizer

MiniDSP 10x10 HD

PSB Imagine T2, Center, and Surrounds (as of 5/2014); HSU ULS-15 subs (2)

The Audyssey FAQ Guide can be found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/...

post #11267 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Read the FAQ!

kaffeen,
The most likely explanation is that you simply have the inputs backwards on the soundbar. To test this, disconnect the optical from the TV and see if you still have Optical audio from the OPPO when you allow HDMI Audio output to the TV. If not (which is what I suspect) that audio you've been hearing is actually coming from the TV.

Another possibility is that your soundbar has some sort of automatic input selection activated, and it is picking the connection from the TV even when that is sending a signal that is silence.

The Optical digital audio output of the OPPO is always live, with the sole exception of playback of SACD discs, which are prohibited for playback over Optical by licensing (due to lack of copy protection).

Note that there is a separate setting which controls the format of the Optical/Coax output in the OPPO. Try both the LPCM and Bitstream settings to see if that makes a difference to your soundbar. This is distinct from the HDMI Audio setting. But there is no OFF choice. Optical/Coax output is always live.
--Bob
kaffeen likes this.

post #11268 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

^ Very odd. I would recommend setting everything up so you are hearing sound from the Oppo out of the sound bar and then temporarily removing the optical cable between the TV and the soundbar, so that the Oppo is the only optical cable connected to the soundbar. If you loose audio when you do this, then the soundbar is not switching to Optical Input 1. If that is the case, then connect the optical cable from the Oppo to Optical Input 2 on the soundbar instead of 1 and see if that restores audio. If that is the case (and you still have Optical Input 1 selected), then something is wrong with the input switching on your soundbar. If that is not the case, then there may be something physically wrong with your BDP-103. I used my BPD-103 with my old AVR using only optical for about 3 months prior to getting a new AVR with HDMI inputs. The behavior you are reporting is not consistent with the way the BDP-103 is supposed to operate (nor the way it operated for me), so I have to believe it is more likely that there is an input switching issue on your soundbar.

Edit: What Bob just posted about having the inputs reversed, or automatic input selection are also good possibilities.
kaffeen likes this.
post #11269 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrucker View Post

Hi Bob,
You may remember that on another thread I said that I wasn't interested in the 103 because I had all my needs well-met by the 93? Famous last words!

I just broke down and got the 103, since I found an, um, creative need for the two HDMI inputs and two HDMI outputs using Split A/V, in some A/B room correction testing with REW.

I'll spare you the 'why' part, except to note that the Oppo 103 helps me deal with HDMI and possibly bitstream codec issues on a certain 'love or hate' AVR with a unique form of RC, as well as provide an HDMI input for testing that RC with a laptop running REW, but let me get this straight....

a) If HDMI 1 is on Source Direct to a Lumagen Mini converting video to 1080p and b) HDMI 2 is sending LPCM multichannel audio to an AVR applying room correction and analog pre-out to an amp, what resolution and picture, if any, gets sent to that AVR on HDMI 2 for 2D sources were that unit to appear on a second display? The Source Direct one or a black screen? Assume no video processing is active on the AVR in question.

There may be a non-trivial reason to ask.

Darned if I know, but if you try it and bring up the on-screen Info display you can use Page Up/Down to change the bottom line to show what is going out for output on the two HDMI connections. Note that since you have both HDMI outputs live, the Dual HDMI Output setting SPLIT A/V vs. DUAL DISPLAY choice comes into effect.

These articles from OPPO's new Knowledge Base may help:

http://www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=34

http://www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=35

(ETA: The video sent on HDMI 2 will be "real" video unless you are playing 3D content and have the 3D Setting, Blank HDMI 2 enabled.)
--Bob

post #11270 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

kaffeen,
The most likely explanation is that you simply have the inputs backwards on the soundbar. To test this, disconnect the optical from the TV and see if you still have Optical audio from the OPPO when you allow HDMI Audio output to the TV. If not (which is what I suspect) that audio you've been hearing is actually coming from the TV.

Another possibility is that your soundbar has some sort of automatic input selection activated, and it is picking the connection from the TV even when that is sending a signal that is silence.

The Optical digital audio output of the OPPO is always live, with the sole exception of playback of SACD discs, which are prohibited for playback over Optical by licensing (due to lack of copy protection).

Note that there is a separate setting which controls the format of the Optical/Coax output in the OPPO. Try both the LPCM and Bitstream settings to see if that makes a difference to your soundbar. This is distinct from the HDMI Audio setting. But there is no OFF choice. Optical/Coax output is always live.
--Bob

Wow, I'm an idiot. I just disconnected the optical from the TV (per suggestion) and discovered the inputs were switched and not what I thought. I was waiting on the OPPO delivery after I already had the TV and hookups to other devices made. When the OPPO arrived, I plugged it in to a big mess that I had made. I had edited/re-labeled the input selections (on ML soundbar) several times and I have many different cords going to different things behind the mounted TV. Chalk this up to stupid human tricks. I promise I'm not usually this stupid. wink.gif

Thanks Bob!
post #11271 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post

^ Very odd. I would recommend setting everything up so you are hearing sound from the Oppo out of the sound bar and then temporarily removing the optical cable between the TV and the soundbar, so that the Oppo is the only optical cable connected to the soundbar. If you loose audio when you do this, then the soundbar is not switching to Optical Input 1. If that is the case, then connect the optical cable from the Oppo to Optical Input 2 on the soundbar instead of 1 and see if that restores audio. If that is the case (and you still have Optical Input 1 selected), then something is wrong with the input switching on your soundbar. If that is not the case, then there may be something physically wrong with your BDP-103. I used my BPD-103 with my old AVR using only optical for about 3 months prior to getting a new AVR with HDMI inputs. The behavior you are reporting is not consistent with the way the BDP-103 is supposed to operate (nor the way it operated for me), so I have to believe it is more likely that there is input switching issue on your soundbar.

Edit: What Bob just posted about having the inputs reversed, or automatic input selection are also good possibilities.

Hey KC - ya, after Bob posted, I tried his suggestion. The problem is that I was an idiot. Thank you for trying to help. smile.gif
post #11272 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffeen View Post

Hey KC - ya, after Bob posted, I tried his suggestion. The problem is that I was an idiot. Thank you for trying to help. smile.gif

I've done stuff like that before. I'm glad you figured it out.
kaffeen likes this.
post #11273 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 08:14 PM

If my OPPO had Spotify, Amazon Prime, and Hulu built-in and supported natively (with full features for audio/video) - this player would be perfect. Like - I mean PERFECT. It would certainly add more intrinsic value to the device and further justify its relatively high price tag (I'm not saying it isn't worth the cost currently, just that it would add more value). Where and what would be the best method to urge on OPPO and voice my support for such services?

Also - I realize I can use a Roku stick or attached device of some sort, but that is an additional step/device and having it all in one receiver is very advantageous in many different ways (and extremely convenient). As a programmer, I know that all of these services offer API's - it is possible technically, but I'm sure there is some agreements which would need to be made.
post #11274 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 08:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:

Where and what would be the best method to urge on OPPO and voice my support for such services?

Nothing Oppo can do about it if those service providers don't want to play ball - and they don't.
post #11275 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Nothing Oppo can do about it if those service providers don't want to play ball - and they don't.
k

May I ask how you know that? Even if they haven't in the past, that doesn't mean they would not in the future. To my knowledge, all provide an API of some sort or another (which is why Roku and others have their services).
post #11276 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Here's a short Saturday night "Thank You" to the handful of contributors that come back regularly, and offer the kind of smart, patient and insightful advice that isn't available anywhere else, at any price.

That's the best of the AVS Forum, and it's right here on this thread.
pbarach, kaffeen and bnielsen like this.

Every once in a while, completely inexplicably, things actually go according to plan.
post #11277 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 10:05 PM

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I just bought the BDP-103 and like several other users. I am astounded at the build and packing quality of this product. However, I have some beef!

It's is my setup... BDP-103>Denon AVR-1912 via HDMI OUTPUT 1>SAMSUNG UN65F8000. The very first and only movie I've been able to try thus far is "Alice in Wonderland" (don't laugh!! Haha). Naturally my receiver is receiving the 6.1 Dolby DTS HD MA witch sounds amazing, BUT, the audio comes out before the lips move. From reading this thread a lot I've seen that this is called a lip sync issue.

My Denon AVR 1912 has a lip sync feature built into it and it is ON, but doesn't seem to be helping. I also tried the av sync option on the 103 and adjusted it to -40 and I think my mind I'd playing tricks on me. Sometimes it appears to be completely in sync, and the next scene it is not and I notice it again. This is frustrating and weird because I never ever had an issue like this with a much cheaper bluray player (PS3). Mind you the ps3 wasn't giving me this HD audio either.

So I also attempted troubleshooting by delaying the audio through my Denon AVR 1912's options menu and again that seemed to help for some dialog and not others.

How do I get this thing to perform the way it's intended to with my current setup? And am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Tony
post #11278 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreem85 View Post

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I just bought the BDP-103 and like several other users. I am astounded at the build and packing quality of this product. However, I have some beef!

It's is my setup... BDP-103>Denon AVR-1912 via HDMI OUTPUT 1>SAMSUNG UN65F8000. The very first and only movie I've been able to try thus far is "Alice in Wonderland" (don't laugh!! Haha). Naturally my receiver is receiving the 6.1 Dolby DTS HD MA witch sounds amazing, BUT, the audio comes out before the lips move. From reading this thread a lot I've seen that this is called a lip sync issue.

My Denon AVR 1912 has a lip sync feature built into it and it is ON, but doesn't seem to be helping. I also tried the av sync option on the 103 and adjusted it to -40 and I think my mind I'd playing tricks on me. Sometimes it appears to be completely in sync, and the next scene it is not and I notice it again. This is frustrating and weird because I never ever had an issue like this with a much cheaper bluray player (PS3). Mind you the ps3 wasn't giving me this HD audio either.

So I also attempted troubleshooting by delaying the audio through my Denon AVR 1912's options menu and again that seemed to help for some dialog and not others.

How do I get this thing to perform the way it's intended to with my current setup? And am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Tony

Have you upgraded the firmware?
post #11279 of 18087 Old 08-24-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:

Have you upgraded the firmware?

Yup, as soon as I plugged it in today and did the recommended setting reset (though that shouldn't matter, first owner)
post #11280 of 18087 Old 08-25-2013, 02:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPPOrtunist View Post

I have an EU model and thus do downloads from Oppo´s European website. What you get there is zip files.
I guess it would make life easier if Oppo EU followed Oppo USA and offered '.bin' file downloads only...

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page