post #11701 of 18084 Old 09-12-2013, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYColumbia View Post

I know it's not what you're asking, but this service may be of interest as an alternative option: http://www.vudu.com/in_home_disc_to_digital.html.

I now have over 470 movies that I've converted to digital (Vudu) including some that are just digital. When I retire in a few years, I plan on living in one area for 6 months and another for the other 6 months. I don't want to drag hundreds of discs from one location to the other. smile.gif

lujan
667 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
6 DVD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11702 of 18084 Old 09-12-2013, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Searched this thread without luck finding an answer.

Does the front HDMI get the same processing as the rear HDMI-1, i.e. via QDEO?

Mitsubishi WD73-742, Oppo BDP-103, Gallo 3.1/ Reference AV center/ Adiva-ti surrounds, Emotiva UMC-200/ XPA-5/ XPA-3, Toshiba HD-A3. Roku XS

"All rooms, speakers and ears are different, trust your own ears."

post #11703 of 18084 Old 09-12-2013, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repdetect View Post

Searched this thread without luck finding an answer.

Does the front HDMI get the same processing as the rear HDMI-1, i.e. via QDEO?
The processing used is determined by what your output is. HDMI-1 out gets QDEO, HDMI-2 out doesn't but they both use the same de-interlacing and scaling. The inputs work the same whether front or rear except that the front one supports devices like the Roku stick. Any video fed to the HDMI inputs gets the processing determined by your output selection.

post #11704 of 18084 Old 09-12-2013, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Yes. Both inputs go through the same processing.
Ricker62 likes this.
post #11705 of 18084 Old 09-12-2013, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,

Been doing some reading around for the past few days on buying a BDP-103, and trying to answer a question I have still. Hopefully someone can help!

With the latest firmware disabling SACD-R, and the firmware downgrade procedure, is there ANY realistic way to purchase a BDP-103 and ensure SACD-R support? (I know you can rip the DSD files and play those)

Or as a new buyer, am I forced to hunt down a used one, and ask owners what they're running?

Thanks!
post #11706 of 18084 Old 09-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Hey guys, I'm trying to get my Direct TV remote to control my 103. The codes shown aren't working. Anyone know a code that works?

Panny 65VT50 / DTV Genie / OPPO 103 / Roku 3 / Denon 1613 / Klipsch Quintet 5.0
post #11707 of 18084 Old 09-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmillz View Post

Hi guys,

Been doing some reading around for the past few days on buying a BDP-103, and trying to answer a question I have still. Hopefully someone can help!

With the latest firmware disabling SACD-R, and the firmware downgrade procedure, is there ANY realistic way to purchase a BDP-103 and ensure SACD-R support? (I know you can rip the DSD files and play those)

Or as a new buyer, am I forced to hunt down a used one, and ask owners what they're running?

Thanks!

Door #2.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #11708 of 18084 Old 09-12-2013, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Yes. Both inputs go through the same processing.

Thanks Neuromancer & JazzGuyy

Mitsubishi WD73-742, Oppo BDP-103, Gallo 3.1/ Reference AV center/ Adiva-ti surrounds, Emotiva UMC-200/ XPA-5/ XPA-3, Toshiba HD-A3. Roku XS

"All rooms, speakers and ears are different, trust your own ears."

post #11709 of 18084 Old 09-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Deaf View Post

Hey guys, I'm trying to get my Direct TV remote to control my 103. The codes shown aren't working. Anyone know a code that works?

If the DirecTV remote's built-in codes for OPPO work at all, they are almost certainly for Remote Control Set #1. Check that the OPPO is set to expect that (Setup > Device Setup).

You might also want to email OPPO Tech Support on this, as they may have had to deal with this question before.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #11710 of 18084 Old 09-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks.

Panny 65VT50 / DTV Genie / OPPO 103 / Roku 3 / Denon 1613 / Klipsch Quintet 5.0
post #11711 of 18084 Old 09-12-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

Door #2.
--Bob

Damn...looks like this is going to be a bit of a hunt. Is there a common alternative people are going with? BDP-93 perhaps?

Thanks for the input.
post #11712 of 18084 Old 09-12-2013, 02:17 PM

Could someone tell me if it's possible to connect a 2-channel headphone amp to the BDP-103?
post #11713 of 18084 Old 09-12-2013, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Yes. Just set the Down-Mix to Stereo, Speakers to LARGE and Subwoofer to OFF under Speaker Configuration (Audio Processing).
post #11714 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 08:16 AM

Liked: 17
I just built a new PC with Windows 7 Ultimate. Try as I might I cannot get the SMB working - it's icon does show up on my monitor but I cannot get past the Password Window. Network Discovery is on and my PC, Drives, folders are all shared by EVERYONE, (I learned this lesson from my older laptop Windows 7 and had it working but not now). Both my OPPO 103's show up in the Windows Share Media and they show up on my Network Genie thru my Netgear 4000 router and they are hard wired via Ethernet. I cannot remember but aren't they supposed to show up in My Devices and Printers folder? If so, then this may be my issue. The last thing I have not tried is removing Microsoft Security Essentials as earlier attempts by a few here said that it works if this is uninstalled. Before I attempt that I would like to know why the OPPO's do nott show up in the Devices folder?
post #11715 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 08:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehale View Post

I just built a new PC with Windows 7 Ultimate. Try as I might I cannot get the SMB working - it's icon does show up on my monitor but I cannot get past the Password Window. Network Discovery is on and my PC, Drives, folders are all shared by EVERYONE, (I learned this lesson from my older laptop Windows 7 and had it working but not now). Both my OPPO 103's show up in the Windows Share Media and they show up on my Network Genie thru my Netgear 4000 router and they are hard wired via Ethernet. I cannot remember but aren't they supposed to show up in My Devices and Printers folder? If so, then this may be my issue. The last thing I have not tried is removing Microsoft Security Essentials as earlier attempts by a few here said that it works if this is uninstalled. Before I attempt that I would like to know why the OPPO's do nott show up in the Devices folder?

there's no particular reason why the Oppo needs to show up in the Windows devices list, since this is mainly effecting Windows' DNLA functions - such as they are. However, it should show up if its powered on and your router is supporting DNLA.

If you're getting the SMB icon in the Oppo network screen (not the DNLA icon), but are unable to get past the login, this can sometimes be a Windows NTFS permissions issue. The shared folders or drives must also have NTFS permissions set to "everyone". You don't actually enter a password or user, you simply hit enter to go past that.
post #11716 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 09:04 AM

I still have this username and password issue. I tried everything I know or I can google of about the SAMBA set up (blank username& password, enable DLNA server, close account mgmt, HDD shares is set to everyone, even enable IPV6), can you guys help me trouble shoot what I do wrong/not do? I really want the SAMBA sharing to work to fully utlize OPPO's power!
My FTP share is working fine though. It is just SAMBA I have trouble with. HELP! My laptop is WIn 7 Enterprise,

post #11717 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ If I recall correctly (I don't actually use this stuff myself), the known problem with Windows 7 is that if you have ANY of the Windows Live stuff installed it screws up SMB. Since apparently some other things can bring in pieces of Windows Live during their installs, it was reported the one way to be sure of getting rid of Windows Live was to install it in toto, and then uninstall all of it.

Now, I'm not confident in my memory on this -- and again I don't use this stuff -- so you might want to try searching here and in the OPPO 105 thread for Windows Live related posts first.
--Bob

post #11718 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 11:53 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenmad899 View Post

I still have this username and password issue. I tried everything I know or I can google of about the SAMBA set up (blank username& password, enable DLNA server, close account mgmt, HDD shares is set to everyone, even enable IPV6), can you guys help me trouble shoot what I do wrong/not do? I really want the SAMBA sharing to work to fully utlize OPPO's power!
The one thing you didn't list is the Security settings on the files, which rdgrimes mentioned earlier. Right click on your share folder, select Properties, then go to the Security tab. Make sure that the "everyone" user has permission. It's kind of wacky that you have to give both Sharing permissions AND Security permissions, but that's how it works smile.gif.
post #11719 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 12:03 PM

Well, I uninstalled Windows Security Essentials from my new PC with Windows 7 Ultimate which has a newly installed F drive with my music libraries and folders installed on my F drive and this did nothing to enable SMB on my OPPO screen, (still wants a Password and can't get past it). I don't even have a Password to run my PC. My new 1Tb WD HD is NTSF formatted. I have EVERYONE and all User Groups fully enabled with Full Permissions. Even on the Security Tab w/Permissions, I am the OWNER with FULL Control selected on everything. I really liked the SMB function when OPPO was paired up with my older and now replaced laptop with SMB fully functional. Frustrating to say the least in trying to configure SMB on my new PC! I may have to bite the bullet and get JRiver which has a long learning curve by itself- if no-one has any other suggestions. Especially after hearing that we may get the gapless playback on a future firmware update I really do not want additional music software if I can just get past the Password screen.
Dave
post #11720 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
I really would like to understand this better. My whs 2011 server works well with the oppo but not my PC . Same problem.

However I can use JR river to feed files via dlna directly to my marantz 8801.
post #11721 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
On my Windows 7 machine in addition to the many steps already listed above, I had to create an account for the Oppo. If I remember correctly, its been almost a year when I did this, I created an account with user name: oppo and password: oppo so that it made it easy to type in using the remote on the Oppo. This made my Oppo happy since it now had a password I could enter. I can recheck my settings tonight and let you know. But at least give it a try to create an account this way and see if it helps.
post #11722 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 02:42 PM

So jboileau - your saying that I should try changing my user account name or password or both at the OPPO website ?
Since the SMB icon does show up this might explain that it is indeed showing itself to the OPPO and the OPPO is indeed recognizing the connection. Sounds reasonable and will try it later tonight
post #11723 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:

So jboileau - your saying that I should try changing my user account name or password or both at the OPPO website ?
Since the SMB icon does show up this might explain that it is indeed showing itself to the OPPO and the OPPO is indeed recognizing the connection. Sounds reasonable and will try it later tonight

What he is saying is create a user on your Windows machine with a password. Use that username and password in your Oppo.
lanping09 likes this.
post #11724 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 05:58 PM

OK thanks guys, I got SMB working
1. Had to create a log on password to Windows. Really didn't want to do this as I like to bypass the log-on screen. Oh well this worked. Had to use my PC name as User and use the Windows log-in Password Yes to remember.Save to get to see the drives and navigate to the folders and play my music and see my pictures. I also had to Turn off password protected sharing under the Change Home Group Settings> Change advanced sharing settings> Turn off> Save Changes for all this to work
Dave
post #11725 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 06:10 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:

1. Had to create a log on password to Windows. Really didn't want to do this as I like to bypass the log-on screen. Oh well this worked. Had to use my PC name as User and use the Windows log-in Password Yes to remember.Save to get to see the drives and navigate to the folders and play my music and see my pictures. I also had to Turn off password protected sharing under the Change Home Group Settings> Change advanced sharing settings> Turn off> Save Changes for all this to work
Dave
A Google search for "windows 7 auto login" will turn up some results that will save you from having to type in your password every time you boot your laptop.
post #11726 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 07:35 PM

Thanks gsr, I will check those out tomorrow as I just built my new gaming PC and will check it out
Dave
post #11727 of 18084 Old 09-13-2013, 07:35 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:

Dave

I have auto-login set on my own Win7 computer.

1. Click Start.

2. Type (without quotes) "netplwiz" and hit ENTER.

3. Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and click "Apply".

4. When the Automatically Log On dialog box appears, enter the user name with which you want to automatically login. Then enter the password in the two fields where it's asked. "OK" yourself out of there.

post #11728 of 18084 Old 09-14-2013, 05:03 AM
TL5
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A few month ago, I replaced my 83 with a 103. I don't play DVD-A discs often, but when I do it seems I have a much harder time trying to get them to start with the 103 than the 83. I do this without a screen because I don't want to turn my projector on to listen to a disc. I have to keep going back & forth between "enter" & "play", and eventually it starts. Any tips or settings I can try?
post #11729 of 18084 Old 09-14-2013, 08:44 AM

Thanks for the info globalnomad auto-login does work but by all indications - SMB will not work unless the actual Windows login is present and working. Also did not have to uninstall Windows Live Essentials for SMB to work
post #11730 of 18084 Old 09-14-2013, 09:46 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:

Thanks for the info globalnomad auto-login does work but by all indications - SMB will not work unless the actual Windows login is present and working. Also did not have to uninstall Windows Live Essentials for SMB to work

I know other users were able to get it to work w/o a Windows login, but OPPO told me via email that it's required. I also definitely had to get rid of WLE to get it to work.

In any case, as long as it's finally working in an acceptable manner, work-arounds and all, then all is good.

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page