Forum Jump: 

post #12151 of 18272 Old 10-04-2013, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Ellis View Post

It's easier than that - press input and then the number of the input you want. For example < Input >< 3 > selects the rear HDMI input. Hope this helps.

Any idea if that's programmable into a harmony 900 remote? thanks....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12152 of 18272 Old 10-04-2013, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by iang153 View Post

Depends on what you mean. You can press < Input > <3> on a 900 or add it to the start of an activity, but you can't put that in a sequence because the 900 can't do sequences.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #12153 of 18272 Old 10-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 40

Just received my Oppo and unpacked it.

Gosh!! amazing quality. I'm really chuffed

I would love for the remote to have had a silicone sleeve protection in case it's dropped ...not sure i can find this after market part.

post #12154 of 18272 Old 10-04-2013, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadis123 View Post

Just received my Oppo and unpacked it.
Gosh!! amazing quality. I'm really chuffed

I would love for the remote to have had a silicone sleeve protection in case it's dropped ...not sure i can find this after market part.
It's a pretty rugged remote and replacements are cheap from Oppo.

post #12155 of 18272 Old 10-04-2013, 02:01 PM

Liked: 11
Can any 103 owners tell me if it will pass neo:x / PLIIZ?
post #12156 of 18272 Old 10-04-2013, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 172
If you are Bit Streaming then yes, the player will pass NEO:X. DTS NEO:X found on titles like the Expendables 2 is actually a 7.1 soundtrack with additional meta data which the receiver will use to "properly" engage DTS NEO:X.

Don't know about Prologic II Z, as Prologic has always been a DSP processing, and not something that has been encoded explicitly in the source.
post #12157 of 18272 Old 10-04-2013, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by iang153 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post

So you always have to use the INPUT button repeatedly on the remote to either cycle from 1 (BluRay) to 2 or 3 for the external inputs, or you can now select the input discretely with INPUT + 2 etc., or you can arrow-down to navigate through the available sources after pushing the INPUT button. No way to avoid this I'm afraid even on the initial state after power-up, but you'd also need to select your input any time you changed from what you were previously using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Ellis View Post

It's easier than that - press input and then the number of the input you want. For example < Input >< 3 > selects the rear HDMI input. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Depends on what you mean. You can press < Input > <3> on a 900 or add it to the start of an activity, but you can't put that in a sequence because the 900 can't do sequences.

You can make the harmony do this by adding it to the activity.
Activity >settings >review the settings for this activity >yes, but i want to add more control > then save on the next screen > then keep hitting next until you get to the please review the actions screen. From here you will be able to pick the OPPO from the drop down in the add action highlighted area and add the step you want it to do (Change inputs after it starts up).

I have done this with several other devices to customize a few things in my setup so that they will turn on, off change inputs ect.

post #12158 of 18272 Old 10-04-2013, 05:33 PM

Thank you - I'll try that!
post #12159 of 18272 Old 10-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post

I don't have the equipment to consider myself an audiophile so analog inputs are not a concern for me. I have a DVDO DUO so I would most likely use "source direct" from whatever Oppo I end up with and let the projector do the 4K processing. I have read a bit about the Darbee and it would be nice to have it all in one box and not have that little add on device but I don't think it's a must so perhaps a used 103 is the best bang for the buck right now.

How many devices do you have running through the Duo? I had an Edge and sold it when I got the 103. I was only running my cable box through the Edge as I run my Computer straight to the TV. If you were able to sell the Duo then getting a 103d would be an increase in overall PQ from your current setup and very easy on the pocketbook.
post #12160 of 18272 Old 10-04-2013, 09:00 PM

Hey all,

I am having issues with Netflix on my OPPO-103. It randomly will give me BkSOD while loading movie/episode. Multiple random failed Netflix logins. That's with both wired/wireless connection. Have done factory resets, DNS changes, with no effect. Also lately have been getting black screen after starting player. Player connected to Yamaha V667.
Anyone else getting issues like that?
post #12161 of 18272 Old 10-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by NephiIim View Post

Hey all,

I am having issues with Netflix on my OPPO-103. It randomly will give me BkSOD while loading movie/episode. Multiple random failed Netflix logins. That's with both wired/wireless connection. Have done factory resets, DNS changes, with no effect. Also lately have been getting black screen after starting player. Player connected to Yamaha V667.

What firmware are you running? I suggest you try the 0808B Public Beta firmware. If you have a US version 103, download that from the OPPO Digital support page and install it via a USB stick:

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-103/blu-ray-BDP-103-Support.aspx

Firmware version info is in Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Information.

Jot down your settings ahead of time. After the install you need to do a Reset to insure proper operation. On the first power up after the install a Recommended Reset will be offered, that's all you need. That one will preserve your existing network settings and Internet app login credentials.

If you are still having problems with Netflix after that, check the quality of your network hookup -- e.g., signal strength in Setup > Network Setup > Connection Info if using Wifi, and also the Network Speed Test in the My VUDU section of the VUDU app if you use that one.
--Bob

. -- Need personal consultation/training?
post #12162 of 18272 Old 10-04-2013, 11:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

The only way to get a BDP-103 cheaper is to either buy a used one or get one when Oppo has its occasional offering of refurbished units. There has never, ever been an Oppo sale and Oppo's limited dealerships are not allowed to discount.

Amazon has the Oppo 103 for sale for $485.50.

R
post #12163 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 01:25 AM

Bill,

Both the Oppo and the WD TV go through the Onkyo receiver. Is motion interpolation when the image is too sharp that it looks artificial? It's really frustrating because I used to notice this effect on LCD TVs and always proclaimed that this was one of the reasons plasmas were better (!).
post #12164 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 04:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razvanel View Post

R
I would hardly call $13.50 much of a discount. Probably offsets shipping.

post #12165 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 05:01 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by molkenr View Post

Bill,

Both the Oppo and the WD TV go through the Onkyo receiver. Is motion interpolation when the image is too sharp that it looks artificial? It's really frustrating because I used to notice this effect on LCD TVs and always proclaimed that this was one of the reasons plasmas were better (!).

Motion interpolation is user controllable, although often on by default. It gives an animatronic, soap-opera video effect.

But I can't tell from your description if that is what you are seeing or not, and I don't know if your plasma has the feature or not. It could be some other sharpness or image enhancement setting.

You should check the video settings on the display and confirm that nothing suspicious is turned on.

On the OPPO, do you have all the Picture Adjustment settings at zero?

Are you using 1080p as the output resolution? What happens if you turn 1080p24 off and on?

Can you connect the player directly to the display, bypassing the receiver, to see if the effect persists?

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #12166 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 05:06 AM

hi all i just got my oppobdp103 and went to use vudu and it comes up country setting usa does not match location nzl (newzealand where i am) please change country settings and try again but i cant see a option to do this..any ideas?

post #12167 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by NephiIim View Post

Hey all,

I have also have problems with multiple failed logins, both with the latest oficial firmware and the latest public beta. But I have found that these only happen when I have just turned on the player. If it's been running for a few minutes and doing something other than Netflix, or even just sitting idle at the home screen, I can login to Netflix on the first try without a problem.

The Black Screen of Death problem happened quite a bit before I installed the latest public beta--after that, it has happened maybe once...

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
post #12168 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 06:23 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mclintock View Post

hi all i just got my oppobdp103 and went to use vudu and it comes up country setting usa does not match location nzl (newzealand where i am) please change country settings and try again but i cant see a option to do this..any ideas?

Are you sure VUDU is available in New Zealand because it is not in Australia.
post #12169 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

I seriously can't believe my eyes.

My Tv console is only 19" tall, and the Oppo is on the bottom shelf. Basically it is near ground level.

I plugged in my comcast Box in front of the Oppo and my Apple Tv in the back HDMI.

The front HDMI wire creates a loop that sticks out of the console. People could potentially trip on it.

Of course i could push the Oppo back further into the console, so the hdmi would be obliged to follow, but then I hardly see the Oppo.

Of course, alternately I could plug everything directly into my Sony 4k tv instead of the Oppo..but that defeats the purpose of having an oppo in the first place.

I could also plug everything into my HTST7 Sony sound bar, and have one HDMI out to the TV only...

Yet again this defeats the purpose of having an Oppo.

Grrr!!!

post #12170 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ There are right angle HDMI adapters you could use with the Front port -- for example check at Monoprice (an AVS forum sponsor), but you might find it better to switch to one of the newer, thinner HDMI cables that aren't so stiff and will hardly stick out forward at all when inserted in the Front port then wrapped around towards the back.
--Bob

post #12171 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

^ There are right angle HDMI adapters you could use with the Front port -- for example check at Monoprice (an AVS forum sponsor), but you might find it better to switch to one of the newer, thinner HDMI cables that aren't so stiff and will hardly stick out forward at all when inserted in the Front port then wrapped around towards the back.
--Bob

You Clever man !!

post #12172 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post

. . . .I have also have problems with multiple failed logins, both with the latest oficial firmware and the latest public beta. But I have found that these only happen when I have just turned on the player. If it's been running for a few minutes and doing something other than Netflix, or even just sitting idle at the home screen, I can login to Netflix on the first try without a problem.
. . . .

Next time you power up, go into Setup > Network Setup and do a Connection Test before launching Netflix. You may find the networking in the player has not quite woken up yet. (If the Connection Test fails, just do it again and see how long it takes for networking to wake up.) If you find it is regularly taking longer than seems reasonable for the networking to wake up you might want try some investigation of your in-house network setup

Another possibility is to switch to using Quick Start mode in the OPPO. Among other things, Quick Start leaves the network connection live even while the player is "off".
--Bob

post #12173 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

Quote:

R

That was a short sale! Already back to normal (full) price again.
--Bob

post #12174 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

What does FW FOUND mean?

It's on the screen

post #12175 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadis123 View Post

What does FW FOUND mean?
It's on the screen

It means the player has found a firmware update either on attached storage or via internet.
post #12176 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 11:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:

Quote:

R
At this moment there is no such price for a new 103 at Amazon.

Calibration Resources:

post #12177 of 18272 Old 10-05-2013, 02:01 PM

Thanks!
post #12178 of 18272 Old 10-06-2013, 02:22 AM

I stopped with firmware updates back in Jan to keep iso trick to work. It is unfortunately too much pain however to make a folder, etc for every movie so I am planning just to rip my ISOs to uncompressed MKVs. The question is : does the latest firmware still allow to play MKV rips or it was somehow blocked as well?
post #12179 of 18272 Old 10-06-2013, 05:32 AM
Advanced Member

Received my Oppo 103 and 4k sony x9  tv yesterday.

Neither the Oppo nor the Sony x9 upscale SD content on comcast. Looks awful. Out of focus.

Apple tv and Netflix look good through the Oppo.

As you know I have been punishing You tube for the last 3 weeks to find 4k content on my PC. I really know what is there and what is not.

Both the Sony Tv and Oppo have you tube.

The selection on both of these is pathetic. With the same search criteria, I can find about 10% of existing stuff.

Obviously, one can copy the content on a thumb drive. However you cannot copy 4k on a thumb drive...it will not play. MAKES THE OPPO FREEZE...the TV will not play it either.

I need to figure out how to share my pc on both the Oppo and tv.

I may need some help with this ...

post #12180 of 18272 Old 10-06-2013, 06:02 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by max90034 View Post

I stopped with firmware updates back in Jan to keep iso trick to work. It is unfortunately too much pain however to make a folder, etc for every movie so I am planning just to rip my ISOs to uncompressed MKVs. The question is : does the latest firmware still allow to play MKV rips or it was somehow blocked as well?

Still works.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page