Forum Jump: 

post #17101 of 18003 Old 05-26-2014, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

Depending upon your iPhone model, I believe you can also use Apple's HDMI adapter cable to connect the iPhone to an HDMI Input of the 103.
--Bob
thank you Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17102 of 18003 Old 05-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 847
Jeff,
ARC is an INPUT to the Receiver (from an ARC capable Display). I.E., the Receiver won't output sound to the OPPO via ARC.

If you are trying to select the HDMI 1 ARC audio INPUT on the OPPO, then that can't work since your Display does not support that.

ARC aside, if you just want to send video to the Display via the HDMI 1 output and audio to the Receiver via the HDMI 2 output, there's NOTHING TO SELECT! That just happens automatically when you have things cabled this way.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #17103 of 18003 Old 05-26-2014, 07:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 129
You can try to set the HDMI out to SPLIT A/V and not DUAL DISPLAY in the Oppo setup menu.
If that setting doesn't fix it, then I would advise asking more questions in the thread dedicated to the TX-N626,
since the issue is most likely with the Onkyo.
More people there will be familiar with your AVR setup and settings and can advise accordingly.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #17104 of 18003 Old 05-26-2014, 09:44 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Nussbaum View Post

I don't think I have ARC on my display but have it on my Onkyo TX-N626 and the Oppo BDP-103 when I hook up HDMI 1 to the display and HDMI 2 to the receiver it keeps going back to the HDMI 2 connection it won't stay on the HDMI 1 connection I can't get HDMI 1 to stay on any help would be appreciated I'm thinking ARC is the problem
A simple test would be to turn ARC off in all your devices.
post #17105 of 18003 Old 05-27-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer28 View Post

I literally can't win for losing. My 103 just started randomly scrolling/fast forwarding through movies by itself. We were an hour through a movie and it just started advancing chapter after chapter. I pulled the disc out to see if it would do the same through the Oppo system menu when booted up. Sure enough it just scrolls through the menus one after another as if it is possessed. It also does it with batteries out of the remote so it is the player itself. I managed to update to the latest firmware using a flash drive. You literally have to get your commands in before the automatic forward happens, very frustrating. I reset it to factory default and it is still having the same issues. I haven't seen this issue posted in the forum. Do you all have any thoughts on why this could be happening?

This exact same thing happened to me in April. I contacted Oppo and they said to send it in for repair. While waiting for a RMA I unplugged my 103 and didn't use it for a couple days. I never received a RMA, so I plugged it back in just to see if leaving it unplugged affected it. I turned it on and all was fine. It hasn't happened again.
post #17106 of 18003 Old 05-28-2014, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi all,

Received my 103 today.......oozes quality!

I have a couple of things:-

I've set up a Plex media server on a QNAP NAS (wired gigabit network).

If I go to HOME, NETWORK I get my list of Lan devices and can see "Plex Media Server: Qnap-2TB"......and sure enough I can select it and I'll see a list of folders, i.e. VIDEO, MUSIC & PHOTOS.......but if I then select MUSIC and hit ENTER it'll jump back to the list of Lan devices.

So, I select "Plex Media Server: Qnap-2TB" again and get the folder list again and this time if I select MUSIC it goes through ok. Wierd!

The OPPO Ipad app appears to have an issue. So, first I select HOME on the remote and leave it there on the main menu. I then start up the Oppo app on the Ipad and use it to navigate to my QNAP and into MUSIC then some of the music folders. They appear empty! However, if I go into NETWORK on the Tv (Oppo) and into the "Plex Media Server: Qnap-2TB" device and leave it there.........then use the Ipad to navigate my MUSIC then all the music folders are populated with all my albums/songs. Wierd!

Wish list (or maybe I haven't found these yet):

1. I have my SKY box on HDMI 1 and would prefer a shortcut on the HOME menu to get to it rather than hitting INPUT on the remote. Much more wife friendly!

2. Would also like to be able to rename the labels on the INPUT button menu.........i.e. rename HDMI IN BACK to SKY TV (again for the wife).

Ian.

post #17107 of 18003 Old 05-28-2014, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 88
^^^

Ok - so a couple of things and a suggestion.

1) Don't confuse accessing media files via DLNA with accessing media files via filesystem mount (SMB over the network, USB, etc.) The Oppo media app does not support DLNA. It only supports filesystem mounts. This is why you are not seeing the DLNA server from the Oppo media app. You can use SMB to mount your NAS Media folder to the Oppo over the network and then use the filesystem-based capabilities of the Oppo and the app to browse and play. I tend to dislike this myself, since it leaves you with directory/folder structure as the only dimension for organizing your media. DLNA servers like Plex present media in many dimensions and finding what you want to play is much easier and more fun with a DLNA setup than with SMB. That being said, LOTS of folks are using SMB setups here and love it.

2) If you want to control DLNA from a tablet or phone, then get the PLEX app for your phone or tablet. While that app can stream media from your Plex server to your phone/tablet, it can also "push" media to the Oppo 103, 103D, 105, and 105D. This is fantastic since:
A) You get a really nice, graphical presentation of your media with all the multi-dimensional capabilities of DLNA for browsing
B) You get a much richer user interaction model than you get from using a brain-damaged LURDS (left-up-right-down-select) remote.
B) You can leave your TV OFF when playing music.

( I don't mean to imply that Oppo's remote is any more brain-damaged than any other, It works great and is high quality. But it is still a LURDS remote - and ALL LURDS remotes are brain-damaged in my book. In this day, where all of our stuff is network-connected anyway...)

Display: Panasonic P60UT50 (Plasma)
Speakers: (4) Monitor Audio Silver 9i (Front and Surround), (1) Monitor Audio Silver 12i (Center), (4) Monitor Audio Silver 4i (Rear and Wide), (2) Aperion Audio Bravus II 8d (Subwoofers)
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-77 AVR (9.2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103, Roku 3, Cable...
post #17108 of 18003 Old 05-28-2014, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

^^^

Ahhh, didn't realize Plex app could push also. Will try it.

Ian.

post #17109 of 18003 Old 05-28-2014, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 687
^^^^

As for your wish list:
1. No.
2. No.

With dual subs, stack'em in the corner and put on a jockstrap. Don't want EVERYTHING in the room jingling!
post #17110 of 18003 Old 05-28-2014, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanJohnston View Post

Wish list (or maybe I haven't found these yet):
1. I have my SKY box on HDMI 1 and would prefer a shortcut on the HOME menu to get to it rather than hitting INPUT on the remote. Much more wife friendly!
2. Would also like to be able to rename the labels on the INPUT button menu.........i.e. rename HDMI IN BACK to SKY TV (again for the wife).

Ian.

I use a universal remote for those kind of features. A logitech One (and 650) programmed for "Sky" would select the proper input, turn on all of the required units, setting them to the right inputs all with one button.

Has worked wonders with my daughters and a long list of technology intolerant members of my family.
post #17111 of 18003 Old 05-28-2014, 04:39 PM

Liked: 11
My 103AU won't connect to server when I try to do a firmware update. Haven't had any problems with previous updates. Connection test is good and Youtube streams fine.

Since my last update the only change has been a new ISP and wireless router.
post #17112 of 18003 Old 05-28-2014, 04:43 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeover35 View Post

My 103AU won't connect to server when I try to do a firmware update. Haven't had any problems with previous updates. Connection test is good and Youtube streams fine.

The easiest workaround is to download a USB or optical disc version of the firmware and update that way.

It doesn't explain your network update issue, but how much time do you want to spend on it?

-Bill
post #17113 of 18003 Old 05-28-2014, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeover35 View Post

Are you sure a new update has been released for Australia/New Zealand?

post #17114 of 18003 Old 05-28-2014, 05:02 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

The easiest workaround is to download a USB or optical disc version of the firmware and update that way.

It doesn't explain your network update issue, but how much time do you want to spend on it?

-Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

Are you sure a new update has been released for Australia/New Zealand?

Many thanks for the prompt reply's.

The Aus/NZ version was released on the 23rd. I have already downloaded to my computer but I will have to go and buy a USB stick. I am puzzled as to why I am having this trouble.
post #17115 of 18003 Old 05-28-2014, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
There seems to be a problem at present with connecting with the Australian server. I've been having the same issue. A friend who bought his Oppo 103D AU from the Oppo Shop gets e-mail notifications of firmware updates from them and the one he got for this update indicated that there were problems with updating via the server at present. I don't know what the problems are but it looks like it's nothing that you or I can do anything about. Just update via USB of disc, it seems to be the only option for us at present.
Mattyo1612 likes this.
post #17116 of 18003 Old 05-29-2014, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I had the same problem with the Australian server. I just downloaded the USB version and updated within 5 minutes. The one thing that is a standout with the 103 is the ability to plug a USB stick into the front of the machine.
Mattyo1612 likes this.
post #17117 of 18003 Old 05-31-2014, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey, guys. After upgrading to the latest firmware it seems my Oppo doesn't run like it used to. Changing inputs is very slow to respond, and today when I changed from HDMI in-back, to blu-ray player, the eject button would not work. Both on the remote and on the unit. I had to power cycle it off and on for the disc tray to open. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15" w/Retina display | Apple TV | Oppo BDP-105D | Parasound New Classic 2125 | Martin Logan Theos | Toshiba 42RV530U HDTV |
post #17118 of 18003 Old 05-31-2014, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 97
do a complete factory reset, restart it, and see if that helps..
post #17119 of 18003 Old 05-31-2014, 12:04 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake9 View Post

Hey, guys. After upgrading to the latest firmware it seems my Oppo doesn't run like it used to. Changing inputs is very slow to respond, and today when I changed from HDMI in-back, to blu-ray player, the eject button would not work. Both on the remote and on the unit. I had to power cycle it off and on for the disc tray to open. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

OPPO Tech Support typically monitors their email even on weekends.

The suggestion above to do a full Reset is a good place to start.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #17120 of 18003 Old 06-01-2014, 04:07 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hi,

I own an OPPP BDP-103EU and a SAMSUM F8000. After the latest firmware upgrade the Netflix GUI look great, but I have a problem that the picture freezes for a moment every 3 seconds. It is best noticed when the camera is panning, but it is there whole the time.

Also the sound for Youtube disappeared fully. No sound at all anymore.

My Samsung also has these apps, and these work without any problem. I just want to make use of the picture enhancement ability of the OPPO. And I think it just should work!

Anybody facing the same issues?

Thanks!

post #17121 of 18003 Old 06-01-2014, 04:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland108 View Post

Hi,
I own an OPPP BDP-103EU and a SAMSUM F8000. After the latest firmware upgrade the Netflix GUI look great, but I have a problem that the picture freezes for a moment every 3 seconds. It is best noticed when the camera is panning, but it is there whole the time.
My Samsung also has these apps, and these work without any problem. I just want to make use of the picture enhancement ability of the OPPO. And I think it just should work!
Thanks!

Try resetting the player to factory default setting in the settings menu and see if that fixes the problems.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
post #17122 of 18003 Old 06-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland108 View Post

Hi,
Thanks!

First of all, welcome to AVS and to this thread!

The suggestion above to do a Reset Factory Settings on the OPPO is a good one. If that doesn't fix your problem you should email OPPO Tech Support with the details of what's happening. They may have additional suggestions.

While waiting to hear back, you could also try downloading a fresh copy of the firmware from the OPPO UK site and doing a re-install of the firmware via USB stick.
--Bob

post #17123 of 18003 Old 06-01-2014, 10:04 AM

Hi guys,

thanks, but all above I tried, including contacting OPPO UK support. My problem is currently, that they do not recongnize the issue. No other report.

JVB (my supplier) is also helping, but I just wanted to check, if someone else is also having the same problem.

Mark

post #17124 of 18003 Old 06-01-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^JVB? Is it a modded player? That might be your problem then.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
post #17125 of 18003 Old 06-01-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post

Not that I know. Just a standard BDP-103EU without any region modification.

Smarty-pants likes this.
post #17126 of 18003 Old 06-01-2014, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:

So if it is modded that is always the reason for the problems you have with the player? Kind of a strange conclusion IMO.
I guess the problems I had when first trying SMB were also due to the fact I have a modded player...

Panasonic TX-P50GT60 / Marantz SR5004 / 4 x KEF HTS 3001 SE (front + rear) + HTC 3001 SE (centre) + REL T-9 sub / Oppo BDP-103EU (MultiRegion+MultiZone) / DUNE HD SMART H1
post #17127 of 18003 Old 06-01-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffietje View Post

Quote:

So if it is modded that is always the reason for the problems you have with the player? Kind of a strange conclusion IMO.
I guess the problems I had when first trying SMB were also due to the fact I have a modded player...

His problems are not consistent with those of the average user when it comes to player/firmware issues.
If his player is modded from the original state, it is more likely that something could be wrong because of that modification.
Many people have had issues and realize after troubleshooting that the problem was do to a region mod kit.
It's a reasonable suggestion, but besides that, I never said it was definitely what was causing the issue, I said it "might" be the issue. wink.gif

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
post #17128 of 18003 Old 06-01-2014, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
^I know and understand your reasoning.
But when he said JVB you immediately made the conclusion of a modded player and besides, JVB is one of the most experienced retailers when it comes to modding the Oppo's here in the Benelux.
Sure, if you go and do some stuff yourself with a region mod kit without the needed knowledge or experience I guess you could end up with issues.

Panasonic TX-P50GT60 / Marantz SR5004 / 4 x KEF HTS 3001 SE (front + rear) + HTC 3001 SE (centre) + REL T-9 sub / Oppo BDP-103EU (MultiRegion+MultiZone) / DUNE HD SMART H1
post #17129 of 18003 Old 06-01-2014, 04:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

But when he said JVB you immediately made the conclusion of a modded player and besides, JVB is one of the most experienced retailers when it comes to modding the Oppo's here in the Benelux.
Sure, if you go and do some stuff yourself with a region mod kit without the needed knowledge or experience I guess you could end up with issues.

Didn't make any conclusions, just asked a couple questions, but it's moot anyway since he said it's not modded.
Maybe JVB is well known and respected, that's fine, but assuming any modded player will be immune to issues across all firmware revisions is simply wishful thinking.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
post #17130 of 18003 Old 06-01-2014, 04:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:

Quote:

Didn't make any conclusions, just asked a couple questions, but it's moot anyway since he said it's not modded.
Maybe JVB is well known and respected, that's fine, but assuming any modded player will be immune to issues across all firmware revisions is simply wishful thinking.
... and furthermore, any mod should always be included in a de-bugging check list. smile.gif

Members who try to help owners with their problems are frequently blind sided by "information not provided upfront." eek.gif
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page