post #17581 of 17582 Old Yesterday, 01:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
Thanks, I guess this boundary has been pushed a lot in the last year or so. The Oppo interface for DSD on attached USB storage is very crude, and with hundreds of titles becomes fairly worthless. So now I guess I need to research DLNA. I'll go to the 105 thread, read the first post, and the last two months and then do some searching for the relevant discussion.

Thanks,
Jeff
For somebody like me who accesses all their media stored on a (Synology) NAS using the Oppo's GUI, I don't have a problem finding and playing (.dff and .dsf) DSD files via UPnP and SMB.

But from what I'm able to determine, if you want to find and play your (.dff and .dsf) DSD files using a 'smart remote control' (or what-ever the correct expression is), it seems to be a more complicated issue

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; Yesterday at 01:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17582 of 17582 Old Yesterday, 03:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ Yes. The key here is your report that you can't get anything but RGB PC Level on the HDMI 2 output. How do you know that? By the OPPO's on-screen Info display (plus Page Up/Down to switch to showing output status), or by some status display on your AVR? If there is disagreement between those two then that's a handshake failure and reseating the plugs would be a common fix. For example, if the AVR thinks it is connected to a DVI device (like a computer) then it would expect RGB input and NO AUDIO on that connection.
--Bob
RGB was indicated by the Oppo's on-screen info display for HDMI 2 and RGB FULL was indicated by my AVR for the 103's input regardless of any explicit Color Space (HDMI 2) setting I made in the Oppo's HDMI Options sub-menu (so there actually was no disagreement between the two, just a disagreement with the setting). I had previously noted that the apparent reduction of resolution of the Oppo's menus during these occurrences (despite my video display indicating 1080p input) could be eliminated by using an explicit setting of 1080p rather than the AUTO setting. So I decided to see how many of the issues occurring could be eliminated by using explicit settings. RGB video and no audio on HDMI 2 were the only 2 issues that I couldn't eliminate. The first time this occurred I thought I had reseated all the HDMI plugs (particularly on the HDMI 2 cable) without correction, but perhaps I missed one. I had once before lost audio on HDMI 2 and found that the cable (which is an Oppo supplied HDMI cable) had partially unseated itself from the AVR due to the weight and stiffness of the cable, so it was suspect and I'm sure I at least made sure it was fully seated into the plugs on both ends. Last night when this occurred I again checked to make sure it was fully seated (which it was) before I pulled it out and reseated it.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page