Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 588 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #17611 of 18334 Old 07-10-2014, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Bob... off hand, I don't think it's a router limitation as in the number of devices, reason I say that is because I can connect wireless with my Visio TV to Netflix. And that's fine, but I would also like to have that functionality from the Oppo as well so that I can get the audio from the Oppo to the receiver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17612 of 18334 Old 07-10-2014, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Stop worrying and do the update.

Copy down your settings first -- all of them as some defaults have changed since your firmware. AFTER the install, do a Reset Defaults -- the player should offer to do a Recommended Reset on the first power up after the install. Then re-enter your settings.

Since your firmware is so old, check that all the pieces of firmware are up to date after the install: Main, Loader, Sub/MCU. If any were not updated, repeat the install until you've got all of them. Check the version numbers in Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Information against the ones on OPPO's support page for the 103:

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-b...e-75-0515.aspx

By the way, you only have to do that 0515 install -- not each of the one's you skipped. It incorporates all those as well.

Bugs will always be with us, but there are NUMEROUS important fixes in the firmware releases since the one you are running, as well as new features -- one of which is the added ability to save and restore settings via a USB stick, which makes doing future Reset's a snap.

The only significant feature that has been dropped is the ability to play SACD-R discs that you burn yourself.
--Bob
I have to quote you because this is important info for me, and I want to save it. Thx a bunch Bob, will do!

By the way, I wasn't worry for a single bit; I assume that you assumed.

And your last sentence is interesting: Cannot play SACD-Rs that people burn themselves. I did not know that either. ...Why is this Bob?

Bests, ~ Robert § (Bob)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17613 of 18334 Old 07-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Benson View Post
. . . .
Oh well I will just strike this up to the sensitive nature of hdmi.
I continue to be amazed when HDMI works at all. The next step after reseating the cables would have been to try drawing a chalk pentagram around the player.
--Bob
KC-Technerd and jskang like this.

. -- Need personal consultation/training?
post #17614 of 18334 Old 07-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
. . . .
And your last sentence is interesting: Cannot play SACD-Rs that people burn themselves. I did not know that either. ...Why is this Bob?
That feature was dropped at the behest of The Powers That Be in the industry. It's best not to ponder why they do what they do -- they tend to get grumpy.

However it was replaced by the ability to play DSD files as media files either from an attached hard drive or streamed from a server on your house network. Both Stereo and Multi-channel DSD files are supported. (DSD is the digital audio format used on SACD discs.)
--Bob

post #17615 of 18334 Old 07-10-2014, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked: 378
We live in interesting times with interesting business minds...

Bests, ~ Robert § (Bob)

post #17616 of 18334 Old 07-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00n View Post
Hi Bob... off hand, I don't think it's a router limitation as in the number of devices, reason I say that is because I can connect wireless with my Visio TV to Netflix. And that's fine, but I would also like to have that functionality from the Oppo as well so that I can get the audio from the Oppo to the receiver.
Network devices reserve a service slot in your Router for a period of time -- typically 1 day or longer. I.e., they don't necessarily get a new slot each time you turn them on. Your Vizio may simply be using its previously reserved slot. And if the Router is limiting which devices get access to the outside, the Vizio may simply be on the list.

The point is, if the OPPO can play things over your house network, then the networking in the OPPO is *FUNCTIONING*. So either the OPPO has not been given appropriate set up addresses from the Router or something in your house network is blocking the OPPO from getting outside.

By the way, I'm assuming you have a US model player, and that you are physically located in the US. If that's not correct, then you may be trying to access services which are not available in your area from your model of player.

Start by seeing if a Connection Test works.
--Bob

post #17617 of 18334 Old 07-10-2014, 02:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Benson View Post
Thank you. I was finally able to reseat all the cables in the chain and that solved the problem.
Good for you.

Here is something that might help you in the future. I used 28AWG HDMI cables in a relative's installation. After about three years gravity effected one cable enough that it wouldn't stay perfectly connected. If you run into trouble like this in the future, try to eliminate gravity as one cause of the problem. I used plastic ties on a few of my nephew's HDMI connections, but I've also used short (1.5' - 3') passive 36AWG cables and a 15' Redmere active 36AWG cable in my own installation. Either way, gravity hasn't much to work with.

Calibration Resources:

post #17618 of 18334 Old 07-10-2014, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi Bob, yes I live in the States. I will try bouncing the router as well as doing a network connection test when I get home from work. Thanks for the tidbit about the router and how it reserves slots. I didn't realize that.
post #17619 of 18334 Old 07-10-2014, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Hi Bob,

NOW! If I update my firmware of my player, is it safe for EVERYTHING else?
Because I don't want to fix an issue (annoying but I can live with) if I'm going to get something else which I wouldn't like, if you know what I mean.
If you play BD ISO or BD Folder Structure from Network or USB I believe (would have to check) that one of the firmware updates broke that capability. Or I may be thinking of the OPPO BD-93 - perhaps someone more knowledgeable can confirm or correct.

Bill
post #17620 of 18334 Old 07-10-2014, 04:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoering View Post
If you play BD ISO or BD Folder Structure from Network or USB I believe (would have to check) that one of the firmware updates broke that capability. Or I may be thinking of the OPPO BD-93 - perhaps someone more knowledgeable can confirm or correct.

Bill
The OPPO BD-93 with firmware from 2011 is the only model that can play .ISO files from an externally connected storage device.
mhobart likes this.

Calibration Resources:

post #17621 of 18334 Old 07-10-2014, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I'm setting up a new BDP-103 with a Sony W850A LED and a Pioneer VSX-9040TXH receiver. I'm currently trying to use the Dual HDMI set-up with HDMI-1 going to the tv and HDMI-2 going to either the receiver's BD HDMI input or just an HDMI input; tried both.

I'm not getting any audio with either a BD or with streaming Netflix. I've gone through the manual and believe I have made all recommended adjustments for video/audio. Regular tv works fine with audio.

Anyone have suggestions on why the audio is not coming through? Will appreciate any help.
post #17622 of 18334 Old 07-11-2014, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjnaz View Post
I'm setting up a new BDP-103 with a Sony W850A LED and a Pioneer VSX-9040TXH receiver. I'm currently trying to use the Dual HDMI set-up with HDMI-1 going to the tv and HDMI-2 going to either the receiver's BD HDMI input or just an HDMI input; tried both.

I'm not getting any audio with either a BD or with streaming Netflix. I've gone through the manual and believe I have made all recommended adjustments for video/audio. Regular tv works fine with audio.

Anyone have suggestions on why the audio is not coming through? Will appreciate any help.
Looking at your Pioneer manual, you will not get any audio input from an external source if you have selected PCM on your receiver. Do you have PCM selected?
RUSaved likes this.
post #17623 of 18334 Old 07-11-2014, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need Help

On 6/28/14, I tried to make my BDP-103 region free via the Superdisk route. Current Firmware # BDP10X-75-0515. I burned the ISO file on to CD-ROM, loaded disc into Player, disc loaded and then the player opened tray by it self. Put in Region 2+4 Colour PAL UK DVD and audio came through loud and clear but no video. Any thoughts/suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.
post #17624 of 18334 Old 07-11-2014, 11:14 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by broy471 View Post
On 6/28/14, I tried to make my BDP-103 region free via the Superdisk route. Current Firmware # BDP10X-75-0515. I burned the ISO file on to CD-ROM, loaded disc into Player, disc loaded and then the player opened tray by it self. Put in Region 2+4 Colour PAL UK DVD and audio came through loud and clear but no video. Any thoughts/suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to AVSForum.

Do you get no message on the display?

What are your settings for Resolution and TV System?

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #17625 of 18334 Old 07-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broy471 View Post

Thanks in advance.
Check Setup > Video Setup > TV System. You may need to specify NTSC if your TV doesn't support PAL format. The player will do the necessary conversion. In addition, make sure you are using an explicit Resolution choice (e.g., 1080p, not Source Direct) if that's the case.
--Bob
mhobart likes this.

post #17626 of 18334 Old 07-11-2014, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 79
My 103 is on the truck and will be delivered today.

I've been reading through the forums and also looking at the online manual. I have a question about best way to set things up.

I have a Pioneer AV receiver (model in the sig) and the plan was to run most things through the AV receiver, but run the cable box into the Oppo to take advantage of its better video processing.

I've seen some posts about people worried that the AV receiver will do its own video processing so suggesting to run the Oppo directly to the TV using HDMI 1, then run HDMI 2 to the AV receiver for the audio. But it seems to me that if I set the Oppo to always output video at 1080P, the AV receiver won't need to touch it (try to upconvert), so will just pass it along to the TV. Is that correct?

Panasonic TC-P60ST60, Pioneer SC-1523-K, Oppo BDP-103D, Pioneer PL-550 + Cambridge Audio Azur 640P, B&W CM1 (fronts), B&W CM Centre, Athena Point 5 Mk II (rears), Hsu VTF-2
----------------------------------------
Sony 34XBR960, Onkyo TX-NR414, Sony PS3, Athena Point 5 Mk II (center and fronts), Wharfedale WH-2 (rears), Polk PSW10
post #17627 of 18334 Old 07-11-2014, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Smile check me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
Looking at your Pioneer manual, you will not get any audio input from an external source if you have selected PCM on your receiver. Do you have PCM selected?
Ive bought a Denon AVR S900W and am tring to do the same thing .help pleas thankyou.
post #17628 of 18334 Old 07-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko85 View Post
My 103 is on the truck and will be delivered today.

I've been reading through the forums and also looking at the online manual. I have a question about best way to set things up.

I have a Pioneer AV receiver (model in the sig) and the plan was to run most things through the AV receiver, but run the cable box into the Oppo to take advantage of its better video processing.

I've seen some posts about people worried that the AV receiver will do its own video processing so suggesting to run the Oppo directly to the TV using HDMI 1, then run HDMI 2 to the AV receiver for the audio. But it seems to me that if I set the Oppo to always output video at 1080P, the AV receiver won't need to touch it (try to upconvert), so will just pass it along to the TV. Is that correct?
That is correct. If there are video "enhancement" options in the AVR you can turn those off.
--Bob

post #17629 of 18334 Old 07-11-2014, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I wish they would make it so that you could adjust +/- lip sync issues in real time on the screen while the video plays.
post #17630 of 18334 Old 07-11-2014, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSaved View Post
Ive bought a Denon AVR S900W and am tring to do the same thing .help pleas thankyou.
Oppo HDMI 2 out to Denon BD input, which will be #3 .

Page 167: Settings

Input mode to HDMI. Decode mode to DTS.

To play the Oppo, press the Blu-ray input on the Denon remote.

If that is what you were asking.

Last edited by Aliens; 07-11-2014 at 12:53 PM.
post #17631 of 18334 Old 07-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by copene View Post
I wish they would make it so that you could adjust +/- lip sync issues in real time on the screen while the video plays.
Uh, they do. Is it not working for you?

Also be aware that it is rather common for movies and other content to have inherent A/V sync error. In particular if you see error which varies by scene that is almost certainly in the content itself. It's really not worth it trying to chase such varying content errors.

As always, it is best to check/adjust sync using content of known sync quality -- i.e., a calibration disc. Good sync tests can be found on Spears & Munsil v2, Blu-ray, available from OPPO, and on Disney's "WOW World of Wonder", Blu-ray, available from Amazon.
--Bob

post #17632 of 18334 Old 07-12-2014, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
Thank you for the suggestion. I didn't have time to re-wire things today but will try to get at it by tomorrow night. Will advise if this was the problem.
post #17633 of 18334 Old 07-12-2014, 03:59 PM
boe
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Xbox through HDMI in on Oppo 103

I realize this is a long shot but has anyone tried hooking an xbox through their Oppo? I have a friend who is an hdmi input short and I think you can run other hdmi items such as cable boxes through oppo's hdmi in but I've never actually used it and I don't have an xbox to text with.

Thanks
post #17634 of 18334 Old 07-12-2014, 04:11 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
I realize this is a long shot but has anyone tried hooking an xbox through their Oppo? I have a friend who is an hdmi input short and I think you can run other hdmi items such as cable boxes through oppo's hdmi in but I've never actually used it and I don't have an xbox to text with.
It should work, but it generally isn't recommended to add extra video processing to game consoles as it will introduce lag in game play (what you're seeing and hearing isn't in sync with the game controller) which will render some types of games unplayable.
post #17635 of 18334 Old 07-13-2014, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hello kind people:

I finally did the update a few days ago. However, now when I use the fast rewind button on control, I can't stop the player from rewinding when I push the Play button or any button, except the Power to shut it off.

Any input on this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!
post #17636 of 18334 Old 07-13-2014, 06:40 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhattan View Post
Hello kind people:

I finally did the update a few days ago. However, now when I use the fast rewind button on control, I can't stop the player from rewinding when I push the Play button or any button, except the Power to shut it off.

Any input on this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Is this for DVDs only, or for Blu-rays as well?

If DVDs only, do you have DVD 24p turned on? If so, try turning it off.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #17637 of 18334 Old 07-13-2014, 04:28 PM

Liked: 21
Netflix Issues Again?
I hate to bring up Netflix again but I haven't been able to get into Netflix for 3 days. I chalked it up to Netflix being down over the weekend multiple times but even while it is back up I am getting the obligatory Check your connections and reset everything. I am getting to the Internet and have gone thru the problem solving but cannot connect to the Netflix servers. The only thing that I have not done is Reset my Oppo. I will do this next but want to hear from others as resetting my Oppo is a little heavy handed if it is on the Netflix end.
post #17638 of 18334 Old 07-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ Netflix is working fine here.

If you've not updated to the latest firmware you should definitely do so, as it comes with a new Netflix app which works better.

Check Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Information. Your "Main" firmware version number should end "0515".
--Bob

post #17639 of 18334 Old 07-13-2014, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am also having internet connection issues. It started after the latest firmware update, which was done via wireless internet connection just fine. The Oppo is not reading the Gateway for some reason. I changed the Oppo to manual setup and it still reads the IP address and the Subnet Mask, but even when I type the Gateway in myself, it does not connect to the internet. Have had an email exchange with support on this, but am waiting for latest reply.
post #17640 of 18334 Old 07-13-2014, 07:39 PM

Liked: 21
Thanks Bob but I am always on top of the latest firmware.
Dave
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page