Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 597 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #17881 of 18282 Old 08-10-2014, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So attached. Around the ten minute mark the one guy tells the other about the three rules of being a mangaka; only the rule numbers show up while there's a lot of dialogue going missing. It works fine in VLC, but not on the Oppo.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bakumanep4.zip (14.6 KB, 15 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17882 of 18282 Old 08-10-2014, 12:42 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
So attached. Around the ten minute mark the one guy tells the other about the three rules of being a mangaka; only the rule numbers show up while there's a lot of dialogue going missing. It works fine in VLC, but not on the Oppo.
Ok, thanks.

I see some notes in the text. Did you annotate the subtitles for testing?

I see border and font directives around that area too.

I'll try to have a look at this tomorrow.

-Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #17883 of 18282 Old 08-10-2014, 12:43 PM

I haven't touched them at all.

I've put subs on quite a number of Blu-rays and I don't think I've ever downloaded a subtitle track this intricate.
post #17884 of 18282 Old 08-11-2014, 01:44 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quick question : when viewing photos is there a way to show the GPS location info which is embedded in the photo? I have tried the info button and the green button, but both are not showing it.
I would also like to know if there is a quick way to show the name of the photo on the screen? (besides stopping the slide show of course)

Panasonic TX-P50GT60 / Marantz SR5004 / 4 x KEF HTS 3001 SE (front + rear) + HTC 3001 SE (centre) + REL T-9 sub / Oppo BDP-103EU (MultiRegion+MultiZone)
post #17885 of 18282 Old 08-11-2014, 06:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 24
So I wish to speak of herasey for a while if I may. If someone, mentioning no names, had decided to chop in their Oppo (as in selling it on) and replace it with something else, what should they be looking at as a replacement?

Seggers

Mits 73835, Denon X4000, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, the internet, a NAS drive, a TiVo Series 3 and an Oppo 103 (bye bye PS3). There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #17886 of 18282 Old 08-11-2014, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by seggers View Post
So I wish to speak of herasey for a while if I may. If someone, mentioning no names, had decided to chop in their Oppo (as in selling it on) and replace it with something else, what should they be looking at as a replacement?

Seggers
Wal-mart has one on sale for $39.95. Looks like a solid unit. 1 per customer. Sale ends 8/21/2067.

With dual subs, stack'em in the corner and put on a jockstrap. Don't want EVERYTHING in the room jingling!
post #17887 of 18282 Old 08-11-2014, 07:09 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:

Seggers
That's off topic here. Try OFFICIAL "HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER" THREAD: Can't decide? Start HERE.

-Bill
mhobart likes this.

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #17888 of 18282 Old 08-11-2014, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Any tips for searching this forum? Its gotten pretty darn difficult to find specific answers to questions.

I'm trying to nail down the current status of DVD-A or SACD iso support over a network. I'm pretty sure one of the firmware updates last year killed it, but I wasn't trying to play any isos over my network at the time.

Onkyo NR-709 / OPPO-103
Paradigm Mini Monitors v2 / Atoms (rears) / CC-370
Samsung 59D6500 Plasma
Server: WHS2011, i5 2500k CPU
HTPC1(LR):Win8 Pro 64-bit, i5 750 Radeon HD 5850
HTPC2(BR):Win8 Pro 64-bit, i3 2105, Radeon 6770
post #17889 of 18282 Old 08-11-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckronengold View Post
Any tips for searching this forum? Its gotten pretty darn difficult to find specific answers to questions.

I'm trying to nail down the current status of DVD-A or SACD iso support over a network. I'm pretty sure one of the firmware updates last year killed it, but I wasn't trying to play any isos over my network at the time.
The 103 has never supported SACD or DVD ISO over network or any other way.
ckronengold likes this.
post #17890 of 18282 Old 08-11-2014, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
That helps explain why I couldn't find it. Guess I'll try extracting the files from the ISOs.

Thanks!

Onkyo NR-709 / OPPO-103
Paradigm Mini Monitors v2 / Atoms (rears) / CC-370
Samsung 59D6500 Plasma
Server: WHS2011, i5 2500k CPU
HTPC1(LR):Win8 Pro 64-bit, i5 750 Radeon HD 5850
HTPC2(BR):Win8 Pro 64-bit, i3 2105, Radeon 6770
post #17891 of 18282 Old 08-11-2014, 11:34 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
I haven't touched them at all.

I've put subs on quite a number of Blu-rays and I don't think I've ever downloaded a subtitle track this intricate.
You're right, it is pretty complicated. I don't deal much with .ass format and I'm guessing it is more sophisticated than simple .srt files.

Your example:
  • Has some sort of X-Y postioning
  • Font spec
  • Multiple subtitles overlapping in time code and duration

You'll get the basic lower subtitle on the OPPO, but the not the fancy extra one. My only suggestion is to write up your tests for OPPO and offer them a sample file.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #17892 of 18282 Old 08-11-2014, 11:40 AM

If only I could get the basic subtitle, which in my head would be the dialogue translation. But no, I only get the fancy screen text translation...

Thanks very much for looking into it. If only there was some way to automatically delete everything that isn't standard subs, in these files. If I put them in SubtitleEdit in Windows (I'm on a Mac but have XP in VMFusion), they're divided into categories.
post #17893 of 18282 Old 08-11-2014, 11:46 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
If only I could get the basic subtitle, which in my head would be the dialogue translation. But no, I only get the fancy screen text translation...

Thanks very much for looking into it. If only there was some way to automatically delete everything that isn't standard subs, in these files. If I put them in SubtitleEdit in Windows (I'm on a Mac but have XP in VMFusion), they're divided into categories.
I don't do much subtitle editing...I remember Aegisub being cross-platform and capable. Else, I think you'll have to find a fan-sub forum for help. Anime sites?

-Bill
Naiera likes this.

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #17894 of 18282 Old 08-11-2014, 03:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:

Seggers
Find one of last year's Sony players. The new models won't be any better and the price will be a lot lower.

I hope you don't expect an analysis.

Calibration Resources:

post #17895 of 18282 Old 08-11-2014, 07:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Nope. Mine supports DSF/DFF over ethernet/SMB from my server. No ISO though.
Same for the 105.
ckronengold likes this.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Last edited by Kal Rubinson; 08-11-2014 at 08:28 PM.
post #17896 of 18282 Old 08-12-2014, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just bought a BDP-103 yesterday and had a question about video settings.

I watched part of two BR discs, a DLNA and local video files and I think I'm seeing what seems similar to the motion smoothing or interpolation effect seen on panels (I have this disabled on my VT60). It's not as bad as what I've seen on panels but did make me wonder.

Is this "clarity" I'm seeing with the Oppo simply the high quality video processing or should I be configuring something?
post #17897 of 18282 Old 08-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 865
^ There is no image interpolation in the OPPO. If you are seeing a less "filmic" picture quality it may be in the content -- e.g., stuff shot with digital cameras not intended to mimic film.

The best way to check your video settings is to spend some quality time with a video calibration disc, such as Spears & Munsil v2, Blu-ray, available from OPPO.

Be sure to double check your Display's settings really are what you think they are. Displays typically remember such settings "per input", so if you've plugged into a different HDMI input you may not have the settings you expected.

Checking settings in the OPPO itself is simple: All of the Picture Adjustment settings should be left on their factory default (0) values. Make any needed calibration adjustments using the controls in your Display.
--Bob

. -- Need personal consultation/training?

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; 08-12-2014 at 03:03 PM.
post #17898 of 18282 Old 08-12-2014, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Note to those of you using Windows 8.1 who would like to use SMB with your Oppo player.

The documentation for today's (8/12/14) second Windows 8.1 update indicates that it addresses issues with SMB drives not working. I have not tested this since I don't currently have an SMB setup. Some of you who do and have this version of Windows might want to do the update and try it. I know that SMB has never worked with Windows 8.x. It may work with this update.

By the way, this is a second optional update in addition to the regular monthly windows updates. If you have automatic updates turned on, it should install automatically after the regular update are installed. If you don't allow automatic updates, use Check for Updates in Windows Update and be sure to install all pending security updates before installing this one (they are a prerequisite, it seems). You may need to reboot several times. You can also get the update file (and see what other issues it addresses) here: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2975719

post #17899 of 18282 Old 08-12-2014, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 1039
Will an OPPO103 connect wirelessly to my NAS and stream my flac files to my theater system? If so, will it stream 24/192 flac files?

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
post #17900 of 18282 Old 08-12-2014, 05:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post
Will an OPPO103 connect wirelessly to my NAS and stream my flac files to my theater system? If so, will it stream 24/192 flac files?
(Answered on another forum) Why not? I can do that with wired Ethernet. So, if your WiFi is up to snuff, it should work wirelessly (but I have not attempted it).

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"

post #17901 of 18282 Old 08-12-2014, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
(Answered on another forum) Why not? I can do that with wired Ethernet. So, if your WiFi is up to snuff, it should work wirelessly (but I have not attempted it).
my thought was the dac difference not the streaming capability

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
post #17902 of 18282 Old 08-12-2014, 07:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
my thought was the dac difference not the streaming capability
??? I didn't see any mention of DACs in your post.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"

post #17903 of 18282 Old 08-12-2014, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
??? I didn't see any mention of DACs in your post.
i just read on the JRivers forum that the oppo 103 can indeed stream 24/192 Flac wireless

post #17904 of 18282 Old 08-13-2014, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
i just read on the JRivers forum that the oppo 103 can indeed stream 24/192 Flac wireless
It's true, if you have a media server program that will cooperate.
eljr likes this.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
post #17905 of 18282 Old 08-13-2014, 04:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
It's true, if you have a media server program that will cooperate.
You do not need any media server program as the Oppo can pull those files from any shared drive on the network with SMB. DLNA/UPnP are not needed.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"

post #17906 of 18282 Old 08-13-2014, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi.Just a question regarding the last firmware update for the 103/103D it states that it includes support for 4k50/60fps but only mentions this applies to the 103D model would this mean that the 103D is in someway different to the standard 103 apart from the darbee of course anybody have an idea.
post #17907 of 18282 Old 08-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Yes, they are different. The 103D did not just add Darbee processing to a 103. The 103 has 2 video processing chips, the Mediatek chip and the QDEO chip. The 103D replaced the QDEO chip with a chip for Darbee processing and aSilicon Image VRS ClearView video processor. That means that there are some differences in video processing apart from Darbee between the 103 and 103D models. 4k50/60fps support is one of those differences.
post #17908 of 18282 Old 08-13-2014, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aiken View Post
Yes, they are different. The 103D did not just add Darbee processing to a 103. The 103 has 2 video processing chips, the Mediatek chip and the QDEO chip. The 103D replaced the QDEO chip with a chip for Darbee processing and aSilicon Image VRS ClearView video processor. That means that there are some differences in video processing apart from Darbee between the 103 and 103D models. 4k50/60fps support is one of those differences.
Thanks David. I wonder if it might be better to just wait and see if oppo bring out a HDMI 2.0 version down the track in regards to 4k?
post #17909 of 18282 Old 08-13-2014, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Nope. Mine supports DSF/DFF over ethernet/SMB from my server. No ISO though.
Same for the 105.
If yours does mine can do too.

Bests, ~ Robert § (Bob)

post #17910 of 18282 Old 08-14-2014, 01:48 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybee View Post
Thanks David. I wonder if it might be better to just wait and see if oppo bring out a HDMI 2.0 version down the track in regards to 4k?
Why is everybody so crazy about HDMI 2.0
Really, dont believe the hype man, this is no where near a standard and it will be quite some time untill it will be....

Panasonic TX-P50GT60 / Marantz SR5004 / 4 x KEF HTS 3001 SE (front + rear) + HTC 3001 SE (centre) + REL T-9 sub / Oppo BDP-103EU (MultiRegion+MultiZone)
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page