Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffietje View Post
Nobody ?
If the Info button is not showing it, I know no other way.

Send an email to OPPO Tech Support asking for additional info to be displayed and they can put it on the list. There's potentially quite a bit of meta-data in some photo file formats, so picking what of that to display could be a chore.
--Bob
Daffietje likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17942 of 17943 Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Odd thing happened today with my oppo103....

I set out to play a particular mkv file on my usb hd (directly attached to the oppo) and the oppo hangs on the splash screen with the processing icon stuck on 50% (upper left corner of screen). All buttons on the remote are unresponsive except for the power off button. I repeated the same procedure (power cycle and play the same file) three times---all with same result. I then attempted to play other mkv files contained in the same usb hd and the oppo was able to play those with no problem. Keep in mind that the oppo did play this one specific mkv 6 months ago (about the time I ripped the file) with no problem. I inspected this one particular mkv on my computer using mediainfo and vlc player and came up with no errors nor nothing out of the ordinary. I was even able to play the mkv with MPC on my pc. I then attached the usb hd to another bluray player in the house (not an oppo) and it was able to play the mkv file just fine. I am dumbfounded as to why does the oppo hang on this one mkv? Has anybody else here encountered this problem before in their setup? Should i be scared that this might be something that will affect my other mkvs down the line and render them unplayable by the oppo?

Or is it just a "glitch" that's unsolvable without resorting to re-ripping the movie again?
post #17943 of 17943 Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdragon View Post
I am dumbfounded as to why does the oppo hang on this one mkv? Has anybody else here encountered this problem before in their setup? Should i be scared that this might be something that will affect my other mkvs down the line and render them unplayable by the oppo?

Or is it just a "glitch" that's unsolvable without resorting to re-ripping the movie again?
Most likely a file parsing issue. It could be that your MKV files header information has become damaged in a way the Oppo does not like.

I suggest you try directly re-muxing your .mkv file using MKVmergeGUI.

If the above fails, de-mux your .mkv file to elementary streams using MKVExtractGUI2. And then re-mux the elementary streams using MKVmergeGUI.

Cheers
mhobart and rexdragon like this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page