Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffietje View Post
Nobody ?
If the Info button is not showing it, I know no other way.

Send an email to OPPO Tech Support asking for additional info to be displayed and they can put it on the list. There's potentially quite a bit of meta-data in some photo file formats, so picking what of that to display could be a chore.
--Bob
Daffietje likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Odd thing happened today with my oppo103....

I set out to play a particular mkv file on my usb hd (directly attached to the oppo) and the oppo hangs on the splash screen with the processing icon stuck on 50% (upper left corner of screen). All buttons on the remote are unresponsive except for the power off button. I repeated the same procedure (power cycle and play the same file) three times---all with same result. I then attempted to play other mkv files contained in the same usb hd and the oppo was able to play those with no problem. Keep in mind that the oppo did play this one specific mkv 6 months ago (about the time I ripped the file) with no problem. I inspected this one particular mkv on my computer using mediainfo and vlc player and came up with no errors nor nothing out of the ordinary. I was even able to play the mkv with MPC on my pc. I then attached the usb hd to another bluray player in the house (not an oppo) and it was able to play the mkv file just fine. I am dumbfounded as to why does the oppo hang on this one mkv? Has anybody else here encountered this problem before in their setup? Should i be scared that this might be something that will affect my other mkvs down the line and render them unplayable by the oppo?

Or is it just a "glitch" that's unsolvable without resorting to re-ripping the movie again?
Old 08-20-2014, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdragon View Post
I am dumbfounded as to why does the oppo hang on this one mkv? Has anybody else here encountered this problem before in their setup? Should i be scared that this might be something that will affect my other mkvs down the line and render them unplayable by the oppo?

Or is it just a "glitch" that's unsolvable without resorting to re-ripping the movie again?
Most likely a file parsing issue. It could be that your MKV files header information has become damaged in a way the Oppo does not like.

I suggest you try directly re-muxing your .mkv file using MKVmergeGUI.

If the above fails, de-mux your .mkv file to elementary streams using MKVExtractGUI2. And then re-mux the elementary streams using MKVmergeGUI.

Cheers
mhobart and rexdragon like this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
Old 08-22-2014, 10:52 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Most likely a file parsing issue. It could be that your MKV files header information has become damaged in a way the Oppo does not like.

I suggest you try directly re-muxing your .mkv file using MKVmergeGUI.
I did as you suggested and it actually worked! The oppo is able to play the mkv again. Thanks so much for the advice.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Recently the 103 when playing some Netflix rental DVDs (NOT Blurays) has not been able to backup during playback. These are Showtime disks of some series we are catching up on....

When trying to back up a chapter or even a few frames the player just freezes and in order to get it going again (since none of the regular transport commands work when in this state) I have to go to either the main disc menu or the Oppo Home screen.... Most times the player takes you right back to where it was before you tried to issue the command(s) but not being able to back up is a pain....

Anyone else experienced this condition?
Old 08-25-2014, 12:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck05 View Post
Recently the 103 when playing some Netflix rental DVDs (NOT Blurays) has not been able to backup during playback. These are Showtime disks of some series we are catching up on....

When trying to back up a chapter or even a few frames the player just freezes and in order to get it going again (since none of the regular transport commands work when in this state) I have to go to either the main disc menu or the Oppo Home screen.... Most times the player takes you right back to where it was before you tried to issue the command(s) but not being able to back up is a pain....

No idea really, but didn't I see something about this possibly happening when dvd playback is set for 24p Conversion?
Old 08-25-2014, 03:56 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 16
This weekend I also had a strange experience.
When going to Network and entering the Video directory the Oppo hang on the symbol that it is loading.
No commands worked anymore. Only thing that did work was holding down the power button on the remote for a couple of seconds. After that the player shut down and the remote kept on flashing for 10 seconds or so.
After that I was able to turn it back on and everything was ok again.

Strange... What is the reason for the remote flashing by the way?

Panasonic TX-P50GT60 / Marantz SR5004 / 4 x KEF HTS 3001 SE (front + rear) + HTC 3001 SE (centre) + REL T-9 sub / Oppo BDP-103EU (MultiRegion+MultiZone)
Old 08-25-2014, 05:30 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck05 View Post

Do you have DVD 24p turned on? Try turning it off if so. There is a known bug with rewinding DVDs when that setting is on. We expect it to be fixed in future firmware.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
Old 08-25-2014, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hello, Ive got the 103 and it is fully updated.

Has anyone had a problem with accessing the BD Live content on Blu ray Discs ??? The Pandora and You Tube app work flawlessly. My Oppo is connected by Ethernet cable.

I did all the usual protocol. Turn the player on/off
Unplugged Ethernet cable and plugged it back in
Tried about 5 different Blu Ray discs and they all say "check if internet connection is available"
I went into settings and turned Ethernet off then back on. Nothing worked.

Just wanted to see if there's anything else to try before I call Oppo, thanks !!

LL
Old 08-25-2014, 03:56 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyjacks View Post

Has anyone had a problem with accessing the BD Live content on Blu ray Discs ???
The player has a BD-Live setting which is off by default. Did you turn it on?

Setup -> Network Setup -> BD-Live Network Access

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
Old 08-25-2014, 04:45 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

-Bill
Of Course !! I will try this when I get home. Thanks !

LL
Old 08-25-2014, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Hello. I've tried searching for any posts regarding my question/problem, but have been unable to find anything. Please forgive me if I missed the answer in this very long thread.

I have a media player plugged into the rear HDMI input of the Oppo 103D. When I watch a MKV file using the media player and pass it through the Oppo I seem to loose the DTS Master Audio soundtrack and my processor plays 2 channel and displays the audio track as such. If I plug the media player directly to the processor, DTS Master Audio works just fine. If I watch the MKV file using the Oppos, the DTS Master Audio file works just fine.

My question is: Does anyone know if the Oppo's hdmi input(s) will not pass through lossless audio such as DTS Master Audio?

I was hoping to find someone with a PS4 or some other video device that may be plugged into the Oppo and passes lossless audio, but with all my searching I've been unable to find any mention of someone doing this.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post
My question is: Does anyone know if the Oppo's hdmi input(s) will not pass through lossless audio such as DTS Master Audio?
That is correct, the player's hdmi input won't accept DD and DTS lossless codecs. I think it will accept 192khz PCM though.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Old 08-25-2014, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Do you have DVD 24p turned on? Try turning it off if so. There is a known bug with rewinding DVDs when that setting is on. We expect it to be fixed in future firmware.

-Bill
Thanks, Bill. I had not seen that issue being discussed and I absolutely have that option engaged so I will disable it until the bug is fixed. Thanks again.......
Old 08-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ The specs for what's accepted on the HDMI Inputs are on the Specifications page at the back of the User Manual. Up to date versions of the User Manual for each player are available for download (PDF Files) from OPPO's Support page for each player.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
That is correct, the player's hdmi input won't accept DD and DTS lossless codecs. I think it will accept 192khz PCM though.
Thanks for the info. That's very disappointing to hear. Oh well.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread

Quote:
Thanks for the info. That's very disappointing to hear. Oh well.

Send your high-def, lossless movies to your Oppo player via your home network. That way, you can let your 103 decode the hd audio formats, or let it pass the lossless digital audio out to your AVR for decoding.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:18 PM

Liked: 10
Does anyone have any comments on the functionality of the unofficial so-called jailbreak firmware, specifically as it relates to BD iso playback and Cinavia? Hypothetically, of course.

Last edited by donut, the; 08-25-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:

-Bill
Just checked. The BD-Live Network Access is ON........hmmmmmm
Any other suggestions ??

LL
Old 08-25-2014, 09:29 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by donut, the View Post
Does anyone have any comments on the functionality of the unofficial so-called jailbreak firmware, specifically as it relates to BD iso playback and Cinavia? Hypothetically, of course.
Discussion of such firmware isn't allowed here (it's against AVS rules)...
Old 08-25-2014, 09:31 PM

Liked: 10
I'll take the philosophical inquiries elsewhere. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyjacks View Post

Has anyone had a problem with accessing the BD Live content on Blu ray Discs ??? The Pandora and You Tube app work flawlessly. My Oppo is connected by Ethernet cable.

I did all the usual protocol. Turn the player on/off
Unplugged Ethernet cable and plugged it back in
Tried about 5 different Blu Ray discs and they all say "check if internet connection is available"
I went into settings and turned Ethernet off then back on. Nothing worked.

Just wanted to see if there's anything else to try before I call Oppo, thanks !!
Check Setup > Network Setup > Connection Test. If that works, and if BD-Live is enabled in Setup then there are not many possibilities. Either the discs you are trying (all of them) don't actually have active BD-Live servers at the studios, or something in your house network (such as a firewall) is blocking access.

If you are playing a disc intended for a Region other than the one for your player, you may not have access to the studio's servers.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Old 08-25-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Check Setup > Network Setup > Connection Test. If that works, and if BD-Live is enabled in Setup then there are not many possibilities. Either the discs you are trying (all of them) don't actually have active BD-Live servers at the studios, or something in your house network (such as a firewall) is blocking access.

If you are playing a disc intended for a Region other than the one for your player, you may not have access to the studio's servers.
--Bob
It must be server support from the studios. I just put in The Bourne Legacy and it worked right away. it streamed new previews instantly. All Blu-Rays are Region 1 and bought at Amazon or Target.
Blu-Rays that said BD-Live support and nothing happened :
Jumanji
Hook
Zombieland
(Did a Robin Williams marathon, Mrs Doubtfire did not have a BD-Live mark)

LL
Old 08-26-2014, 12:29 AM
Read the FAQ!

I run into BD-Live nonsense like this from time to time during testing. I always pop the disc into a PS3 I keep handy for just such purposes. If the same BD-Live failure happens there, I chalk it up to stupid studio programming tricks and stop worrying about it.

For example, if the studio changes the Internet name for their server older discs won't find it any longer.

The most recent example was a Sony disc just 2 years from its release date. Studios don't really care about BD-Live any longer.
--Bob
Old 08-26-2014, 03:26 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
^Thats why I never use it anyway

Panasonic TX-P50GT60 / Marantz SR5004 / 4 x KEF HTS 3001 SE (front + rear) + HTC 3001 SE (centre) + REL T-9 sub / Oppo BDP-103EU (MultiRegion+MultiZone)
Old 08-26-2014, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
Send your high-def, lossless movies to your Oppo player via your home network. That way, you can let your 103 decode the hd audio formats, or let it pass the lossless digital audio out to your AVR for decoding.
I've considered doing that, but the media player I have has a very easy to navigate and clean looking interface as well as the ability to play the movie trailer and give movie facts. Opposed to the Oppo's file folder look and lack of movie info or search functions. I'm considering right now which I want more... the Darbee and upscaling of the files when passed through the Oppo 103D but without lossless audio, or the easy of use, movie trailers, movie info and lossless audio when the Oppo isn't in the chain.

I have an hdmi splitter, I'm half tempted to see if I can wire a way to send the audio directly to the processor and the video to the Oppo and then to the projector. That way I could get the best of both worlds.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've considered doing that, but the media player I have has a very easy to navigate and clean looking interface as well as the ability to play the movie trailer and give movie facts. Opposed to the Oppo's file folder look and lack of movie info or search functions. I'm considering right now which I want more... the Darbee and upscaling of the files when passed through the Oppo 103D but without lossless audio, or the easy of use, movie trailers, movie info and lossless audio when the Oppo isn't in the chain.

I have an hdmi splitter, I'm half tempted to see if I can wire a way to send the audio directly to the processor and the video to the Oppo and then to the projector. That way I could get the best of both worlds.

You could have the best of both worlds if you use a DLNA media server on your home network. You would "push" digital media files to your Oppo player. No need to use the Oppo interface. Use a very intuitive DLNA media player/server, such as JRiver, and never have to settle for something less.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
I run into BD-Live nonsense like this from time to time during testing. I always pop the disc into a PS3 I keep handy for just such purposes. If the same BD-Live failure happens there, I chalk it up to stupid studio programming tricks and stop worrying about it.

For example, if the studio changes the Internet name for their server older discs won't find it any longer.

The most recent example was a Sony disc just 2 years from its release date. Studios don't really care about BD-Live any longer.
--Bob
The BD live is just previews and ads anyway is it not? I tried it once and all I got was lots and lots of BS
Old 08-26-2014, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
You could have the best of both worlds if you use a DLNA media server on your home network. You would "push" digital media files to your Oppo player. No need to use the Oppo interface. Use a very intuitive DLNA media player/server, such as JRiver, and never have to settle for something less.
Could you give me an example of a DLNA media player that would give me the same performance as a Mede8er 600X3D and the Oppo's video processing?

My media player does stream HD audio and video, a perfect bit-for-bit version of my BluRay discs. I was simply sending those rips from my media player through my Oppo 103D to use the Darbee chip and letting the Oppo to upscale to quasi 4K. Unfortunately with the HDMI inputs on the Oppo, I am unable to pass-through the lossless audio.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Could you give me an example of a DLNA media player that would give me the same performance as a Mede8er 600X3D and the Oppo's video processing?

My media player does stream HD audio and video, a perfect bit-for-bit version of my BluRay discs. I was simply sending those rips from my media player through my Oppo 103D to use the Darbee chip and letting the Oppo to upscale to quasi 4K. Unfortunately with the HDMI inputs on the Oppo, I am unable to pass-through the lossless audio.

I'm unfamiliar with your Mede8er 600X3D, but just a quick search of its features tells me it doesn't seem to support DLNA. Like I mentioned earlier, check out the JRiver media player/server software. It's more stable/robust running on a Windows platform. If you have an iPad/iPhone, then you can use JRemote also, which allows you to push digital media to your Oppo player via your home network. Even without JRemote, you can still push media files to any DLNA supported renderers in your home network from your home pc.

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc