Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 601 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #18001 of 18014 Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Problem with audio upon start up.

I've been generally happy with my Oppo BDP-103, but of late I've noticed something peculiar and it's bugging me. I can live with this,but would prefer if there's someway of addressing it. So here goes...

When I am playing some Blu-Rays, Game of Thrones, Season 3, disk 2, for example, I want to watch an episode and upon starting up the episode, there's a distinct 6-8 second lag between the time the audio catches up with the video. After this point on, everything works fine. I have seen this happen with several Blu-Rays and I've noted down the time counter on the Oppo display. Invariably it's between 6 and 8 seconds.

Has anyone experienced this and if so, what is the workaround?

Thank you.

Andy

A PBS mind in Reality TV world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18002 of 18014 Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Which receiver or SSP are you using? ...Sounds like a HDMI handshake issue.
post #18003 of 18014 Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 847
So called "Automatic Lip Sync Adjustment" in AVRs can screw up if the TV returns bogus data for how much audio delay it is requesting.

Another common problem is if folks bypass the AVR for video, but the AVR adds audio delay anyway as if it is still processing video going through it.
--Bob
post #18004 of 18014 Old Today, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi all,
At the moment my AV system is :
Samsung LE46C750
Yamaha RXV775
Dynaudio X12 fronts
Dynaudio X22 center
MA BFX rear
BK XLS200DF
LG bdp390
I've got a WD TV Live that i've bought to replace my Lacie Lacinema 2tb that had a lovely sound and picture quality, that the WD doesn't even come close regarding PQ!
All my media is stored in a Synology DS213 NAS, and I sream all the video contend into the WD, but this week decided to plug the internet cable into it and stream a movie just to see how it was... Well all i can say is the PQ is night and day from the WD, but for better!
So at this time I will not imagine myself going back, and i've been reading some threads in AV and come to the conclusion the a Oppo is the best BRP to stream MKV movies and to decode DTS MA, that the LG fail to do, and i can't do FW and some other funcions.
Now my questio is:
Is it worth to buy the 103D or the 103eu will be good enough?
In my country the 103eu with the free zone kit and the is 699€ and the 103D is 819€ With the free zone kit as well.
post #18005 of 18014 Old Today, 06:34 AM

Double post
post #18006 of 18014 Old Today, 06:42 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-FiOutlaw View Post
Is it worth to buy the 103D or the 103eu will be good enough?
The difference is optional Darbee processing. Have you research that to see if it is something that would interest you? See the first post in the 103D thread for review links.

-Bill
post #18007 of 18014 Old Today, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
The difference is optional Darbee processing. Have you research that to see if it is something that would interest you? See the first post in the 103D thread for review links.

-Bill
Yes i've seen it, and i've been reading on the net as well.
But nothing like having an opinion from who own them, and know the brand which I know little about, only it is a good BRP and the 105 one of the best BRP and Cd player as well...

Last edited by Hi-FiOutlaw; Today at 06:55 AM.
post #18008 of 18014 Old Today, 07:35 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Yes i've seen it, and i've been reading on the net as well.
But nothing like having an opinion from who own them, and know the brand which I know little about, only it is a good BRP and the 105 one of the best BRP and Cd player as well...
You would look at the 105 models only if you need the analog outputs of those models. For digital audio they are the same as the 103 models.

For completeness: the 105 models have additional digital inputs and a headphone jack.

As to Darbee: I like playing with it, but I could live without it.

-Bill
post #18009 of 18014 Old Today, 07:49 AM

Thank's wmcclain, that's the question the if the extra 119€ make sense just for the video chip.
But that raises another question as well, why Oppo change from Qdeo to Daebee processing chip?
In my case would it be a better option the Dardee chip to stream 1080p mkv files or the Qdeo is good enough?

Last edited by Hi-FiOutlaw; Today at 07:53 AM.
post #18010 of 18014 Old Today, 07:53 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Thank's wmcclain, that's the question the if the extra 119€ make sense just for the video chip.
But that raises another question as well, why Oppo change from Qdeo to Daebee processing chip?
To give you a choice. Both models are currently in production.

Darbee has generated a lot of excitement and getting it into a player for an extra $100 is a worthy accomplishment.

Qdeo has more sophisticated noise reduction and sharpening controls, mostly valuable for trying to enhance low quality sources. Darbee works best on good quality sources.

-Bill
post #18011 of 18014 Old Today, 08:36 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ There are other differences in the 103D/105D compared to the original 103/105 as well.

For example, the 103D/105D can output video upscaled to 4K/60 frames per second (to a display that can accept that in YCbCr 4:2:0 data format). The 103/105 are limited to 4K/24 or 4K/30.

The 105D can accept higher rate, stereo LPCM and DSD into its Asynchronous USB DAC Input than the 105.

The 103D/105D can output HDMI DSD on both the HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 outputs. The 103/105 can only output that on the HDMI 2 output.

See the FAQ (link at the top of the first post of this thread) and also the Knowledge Base articles on OPPO's Support pages -- such as this one:

http://www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=73

In general, unless you expect to play poor quality content that might benefit from the QDEO noise reduction processing found in the 103/105, the 103D/105D seems the logical choice. And that's even if you leave its Darbee processing turned off.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #18012 of 18014 Old Today, 10:26 AM

Hope this is not a silly question.....Lets say if you have a couple hundred movies on a hard drive,is there a software you can install on the hard drive with the movies that would work with 103 that organizes,categorize,rate,summarizes,and shows if they have been viewed?My guess is that it does not exist,but I thought I would throw it out there
post #18013 of 18014 Old Today, 11:01 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarina View Post
Hope this is not a silly question.....Lets say if you have a couple hundred movies on a hard drive,is there a software you can install on the hard drive with the movies that would work with 103 that organizes,categorize,rate,summarizes,and shows if they have been viewed?My guess is that it does not exist,but I thought I would throw it out there
No, not something that would configure the contents of an attached hard drive for you. HOWEVER, there are a variety of DLNA servers out there which offer different sorts of value added features. The OPPO would see the server on your house network. The OPPO can browse the contents of the server, but that won't get you any special organization or info. Alternatively you can use the UI in the server (either on that server's computer or via some networked personal device that works with the server) and "push" your selected content to the OPPO for playback.

See the FAQ (link at the top of the first post of this thread) for some starting info on DLNA servers.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #18014 of 18014 Old Today, 11:37 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarina View Post
Another way: you can get pretty small computers that perform those functions. I have this running XBMC connected to an HDMI input on my player: Zotac ZBOX as a Media Player Appliance.

Systems based on the Raspberry PI processors are smaller and cheaper. See the HTPC forums for more.

-Bill
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page