Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauavs View Post
1) Factory Reset - didn't work
2) Took the batteries out of the controller, pressed each front panel button - didn't work
3) Reinstalled firmware matches the newest one - didn't work.
4) I do have a 3D display but no IR signal

The selection keeps moving to the right sometimes back to the left....
Sounds like you've got a failure of the electronics that senses button presses. This can also be caused by power problems due to something faulty connected to the player.

Start by disconnecting EVERYTHING from the player, including the power plug. While still unplugged, press and hold the Front Panel Power button for a few seconds to discharge any retained power in the power supply. This is to force the lowest level hardware in the player to reboot.

Now connect JUST the power cord. If your TV has a "composite" video input -- typically a single, yellow RCA jack -- connect an RCA cable from the player's "Diag" socket on the back panel to that TV input. This will give you 480i video of the player's menus independent of HDMI. Do NOT connect HDMI, audio cables, the Wifi dongle, ethernet or anything in the USB ports.

If your TV only has HDMI video input, then connect a single HDMI cable to it. Try an alternate cable if you have one as the power problem may be due to a broken HDMI cable.

Power up and see if the problem still exists on Home Menu. If so, the player likely needs Warranty service -- get in touch with OPPO Tech Support and they'll take care of you. Note, that they frequently monitor email even on holidays.

If the problem has gone away, then reconnect your normal stuff one thing at a time until the problem returns. That will identify the culprit.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; Yesterday at 04:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18032 of 18032 Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauavs View Post
My home screen selection keeps moving by itself. I haven't try the Disc yet. It moves from DISC to MUSIC to PHOTO to MOVIES to NETWORK to SETUP
I wonder if there are some stuck buttons on your remote. Do you get this behavior when the batteries are not in the remote?

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page