gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
Ok, so as I thought, SMB requires an external hard drive, and I continue to need DLNA to serve audio files from my PC.
No, not at all. You can use the built in Windows sharing functionality to share any drive / folder on any drive on your PC (whether it's an internal or external drive doesn't matter) to get the SMB shares you're looking for. In Windows Explorer:

1) Right click on the folder you want to share and select Properties.
2) Go to the Sharing tab and click either the Share... or Advanced Sharing... button to configure the share name and who can access the share.
3) Once done with the Sharing features, go back to Properties and go to the Security tab.
4) In the Security tab, make sure the username you're going to use to connect to the share is given at least "List folder contents" and "Read" access to the folder. Note that there's a special user called "Everyone" that you can give access to, which won't require you to provide a username and password when connecting via the Oppo player.

If you did everything correctly, you should now have a SMB share you can access from the Oppo.

Keep in mind that it can sometimes be a PITA to get the shares configured properly so you can actually access them, but you don't need to purchase any additional hardware or software to use SMB shares in Windows.

Also keep in mind that using SMB shares doesn't necessarily give you anything you can't do with DLNA, which tends to be a LOT easier to get working. But since you're running into issues with some files not showing up, it's probably worth a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18062 of 18065 Unread Today, 05:36 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by broseanrichard View Post
Sorry if this has all ready been asked. is there any way to turn off the speaker setup settings on the oppo? My Yamaha receiver has better settings
How are you connected to the receiver? The speaker setups is not relevant for HDMI or other digital connections, only analog.

-Bill
post #18063 of 18065 Unread Today, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So the speaker settings are only for analog hook up and don't effect HDMI hook up? Also what about the crossover settings etc from the audio processing menu do a need to match them to my receivers settings or are they for analog as well?
post #18064 of 18065 Unread Today, 05:46 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by broseanrichard View Post
So the speaker settings are only for analog hook up and don't effect HDMI hook up? Also what about the crossover settings etc from the audio processing menu do a need to match them to my receivers settings or are they for analog as well?
All of the speaker setup options, including crossover settings are only for the analog outputs. If you're using HDMI, you don't need to worry about any of those settings on the Oppo.
post #18065 of 18065 Unread Today, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
All of the speaker setup options, including crossover settings are only for the analog outputs. If you're using HDMI, you don't need to worry about any of those settings on the Oppo.
Ok thanks
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread