Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 605 - AVS Forum
First ... 603  604  605 606  607  ... Last
Blu-ray Players > Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread
Bob Pariseau's Avatar Bob Pariseau 05:35 PM 09-03-2014
^ How are you set up to play audio, and are you sure you were playing the lossless track from that disc?

In the OPPO, check that you have Dynamic Range Control OFF and Secondary Audio OFF.

Check your speaker levels -- particularly your Subwoofer level -- using a calibration disc.
--Bob

NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 05:49 PM 09-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffietje View Post
Yes, my AV receiver has that.
But I decided to put everything to 0 at the receiver analog settings, and enter it correctly on the Oppo
Well, thanks to Oppo for that.

* Which AV receiver do you have; a Denon/Marantz one?
NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 05:56 PM 09-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobearQSI View Post
One note about the AIX disc - volume level matching between speakers is supposed to be done with band-limited pink noise (500 Hz to 2 kHz), and I've found the AIX disc does NOT have band-limited signals on it. When I play the volume level matching patterns from the AIX disc, the subwoofer engages, so it is obviously going down below 500 Hz. This doesn't happen with the Spears & Munsil II disc, which does have correct band-limited pink noise for the normal and LFE channels.

This only applies to the speaker level matching patterns.
WOW Disney Blu-ray disc; any good to calibrate channel levels matching?
{Cost me 45 bucks, Canadian with tax, for that one.}
NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 06:00 PM 09-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobearQSI View Post
It's not the best choice for level matching. It can be used, but you'd need to do things like make sure your crossovers are all set and still operational, yet still disable the sub completely so that it doesn't contribute to the volume measured.

Also, most common SPL meters (and especially the cheap ones) are most accurate in that 500 - 2k range, and can lose their accuracy in the lower frequencies, so a band-limited pink noise is best for level matching.

Personally, I just use the receiver's Audyssey setup to do the level matching for me, but I'm all digital and that doesn't work with the Oppo's analog outs.
Good to know, thx Bob.
spawnofwar1600's Avatar spawnofwar1600 06:27 PM 09-03-2014
How much area should letterbox bars cover when playing 21:9 content on a 16:9 display?
Recently went from a 60 to 65 inch, the black bars at the top and bottom seem taller and occupying more screen area than before.
Two bars @ 4 inches height so that makes 8 inches out of 31 inch total height of the screen, that comes to 25.8% of the whole screen.is this correct?
Double checked tv screen settings all set to 16:9.
Is there specific control in the oppo that changes letterbox bar height?
Thanks
gsr's Avatar gsr 06:54 PM 09-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofwar1600 View Post
How much area should letterbox bars cover when playing 21:9 content on a 16:9 display?
Recently went from a 60 to 65 inch, the black bars at the top and bottom seem taller and occupying more screen area than before.
Two bars @ 4 inches height so that makes 8 inches out of 31 inch total height of the screen, that comes to 25.8% of the whole screen.is this correct?
Double checked tv screen settings all set to 16:9.
Is there specific control in the oppo that changes letterbox bar height?
Thanks
The aspect ratio of the content dictates the size (height) of the the letterbox bars. It would follow that when you switch from a 60 to 65 inch display that the bars would be taller as everything will change in proportion to the screen size.
pbarach's Avatar pbarach 06:57 PM 09-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I got my 103 today. I find that the audio just doesn't have that oomph.
Watched the dark knight rises on the weekend via the xbone and then watched it again on the 103 and the oppo just misses that certain extra oomph in the sound.
Am I the only one experiencing this?

I don't know what an xbone is, but if you are connecting your 103 to your amp using HDMI, the audio issue is happening somewhere else (not in the 103), since it's merely sending the digital signal to your amp without doing anything to the data.

On the other hand, if you are using analog connections, it's possible that you haven't set up bass management properly in the 103--and/or it's also possible that there is something amiss with your other equipment.

The audio quality from the Oppo via HDMI is exactly what I got from two other (cheaper) BluRay players, and I was very happy with what I heard using the analog outputs to play multichannel SACDs--it was nearly as good as my Denon 3910 universal player, which had a list price 3x the Oppo's.
kellybob's Avatar kellybob 07:01 PM 09-03-2014
Pure Audio turns the back light off on my TV while the Energy Saver screen saver does not.

Current firmware, HDMI 1.

Explanation?
pbarach's Avatar pbarach 07:03 PM 09-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post

PLII probably needs at least stereo to be able to process, I guess. If it is two-channel (mono) audio, then you'll get sound only from one channel, the center one. ...And nothing @ all from the other four, or six, or, eight, or ten other channels.

So, no good with PLII, PLIIx, PLIIz, all dts audio mode flavors, and all THX audio mode flavors.

...Only with some DSP audio modes: Full Mono, All Ch Stereo, and Mono Movie. ...And nothing else.

Yes, the Dolby PLII and similar "flavors" will work with two-channel signals to use differences between right and left channels to generate simulated surround channels. If the channels are identical, the Dolby system apparently figures that this is supposed to be a signal appearing from the center of a movie, like dialog, and everything comes from your center channel speaker. In contrast, the DSP modes add echo (sometimes multiple echos) and manipulate signals out of phase to give the illusion of spatiality. If you happen to have the Avia II calibration DVD, there are some sonar-like "PING" sounds that let you hear exactly what those DSP modes are doing.
pbarach's Avatar pbarach 07:07 PM 09-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Try turning off the Gracenote look-up feature and see if that cures the issue.

Tried that...it didn't make any difference. After navigating to the sound file I wanted to play using SMB (and this is an ordinary 16/44.1 WAV file), I selected it. The little colored arrow didn't appear in the file list, and the Oppo stopped responding to any commands from the remote for about five minutes. The next time I tried to play the file (after power-cycling the player), now I got the little arrow next to the file when I selected it. Then I got the PLAY screen for that file showing 00:00 elapsed, and again the player locked up for about five minutes. The third time I tried to play the file, it worked without a hitch.
DanF8500's Avatar DanF8500 07:30 PM 09-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
Tried that...it didn't make any difference. ...

The third time I tried to play the file, it worked without a hitch.

Something just doesn't seem right with your network. I've been following your posts on this subject since 8/3/14, when you first brought it up. Are you still running your PC wireless? GSR suggested you try a direct ethernet connection to your router by running a temporary cable (no holes drilled in your wall required) to see if your network problems go away. GSR's reply to you was post #17845 . You never replied back to him. The 103 manual states: For the fastest and most stable network connection, we recommend using an Ethernet cable whenever possible.

Your network is not stable....sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. Very suspect.
pbarach's Avatar pbarach 07:38 PM 09-03-2014
I was having problems related to Norton Security causing the network access being shut off from the player in the middle of a song. Norton tech support had me change some of their firewall's settings, and that problem is gone.

I never tried using a long Ethernet cable to connect my PC to my router (which the 103 is wired to) because if it worked, the solution of wiring the PC to the router in the next room would require drilling holes in the wall--that's out if the question.

BTW I have no problems accessing my PC media files from a wireless PC on another floor, and they play flawlessly. Seems to me that the problem is likely to be in the 103.
NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 07:51 PM 09-03-2014
Quote:
Yes, the Dolby PLII and similar "flavors" will work with two-channel signals to use differences between right and left channels to generate simulated surround channels. If the channels are identical, the Dolby system apparently figures that this is supposed to be a signal appearing from the center of a movie, like dialog, and everything comes from your center channel speaker. In contrast, the DSP modes add echo (sometimes multiple echos) and manipulate signals out of phase to give the illusion of spatiality. If you happen to have the Avia II calibration DVD, there are some sonar-like "PING" sounds that let you hear exactly what those DSP modes are doing.
Thank you for confirming what I thought. ...And yes I got that AVIA disc, and a whole bunch more of audio/video test discs. ...At least a dozen (BD), ...more if I count my DVDs.

By the way, Mono Movie DSP audio mode (with reverb) is the best.
...For me anyway, and over Full Mono and All Channel Stereo DSP audio modes.
After trying them all that's what I came to prefer.
Second best is Full Mono, then last is All Channel Stereo DSP mode.

The straight Mono audio listening mode, with two-channel mono audio soundtracks, is just without life, too blend. It is only coming from the center channel speaker.

And the straight Stereo audio listening mode is mono sound coming from the front L and R speakers.
...No imaging whatsoever, so it feels real weird.

<<>> ...All of this from my USB stick connected to my Oppo 103's USB front panel port.
...And with both AAC and MP3 2ch. @ 48kHz audio codecs, but actually in 2-channel mono sound.
And that is why I was confused because there is no mention of Mono in the display info menu of both my Oppo 103 and pre/pro.
Thx again.
DanF8500's Avatar DanF8500 07:53 PM 09-03-2014
Pbarach, If you truly believe your 103 is at fault, then you should contact Oppo, and send in your player for repair. You're not suggesting there's a bug in the Oppo firmware, are you? I haven't been reading lots of reports from Oppo owners that their players are locking up while playing audio via network. You should at least load some of your audio files on a usb drive, then plug that into your 103, and see if you can get a crash/lockup. You'll know whether your wifi network is not stable by doing that. Not doing the test GSR suggested because even if it did solve the problem, you still would ignore that solution, seems a bit odd to me. The goal is to find a solution....you can decide how you will act after you find "the solution".
Jamo8's Avatar Jamo8 08:04 PM 09-03-2014
Ok guys, before I pull the trigger buying the Oppo, I need a bit of advice.

I'm planning to buy either the Oppo-103 or Oppo-103Darbee edition. Before I pull the trigger, is it day & night difference between them ?

I have Sony 55es projector and Onkyo TX-NR1010 AVR, if that matters.

Also, since the oppo has dual hdmi outputs ,I'm thinking to configure like this, Option 1hdmi 1 output goes directly to projector and hdmi 2 output goes to AVR. Option 2 just hdmi 1 output to avr and Avr output to projector . Any advantage going with option 1 ?

Also, sorry if these questions asked before.
RodChester's Avatar RodChester 09:47 PM 09-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo8 View Post
Ok guys, before I pull the trigger buying the Oppo, I need a bit of advice.

I'm planning to buy either the Oppo-103 or Oppo-103Darbee edition. Before I pull the trigger, is it day & night difference between them ?

I have Sony 55es projector and Onkyo TX-NR1010 AVR, if that matters.

Also, since the oppo has dual hdmi outputs ,I'm thinking to configure like this, Option 1hdmi 1 output goes directly to projector and hdmi 2 output goes to AVR. Option 2 just hdmi 1 output to avr and Avr output to projector . Any advantage going with option 1 ?

Also, sorry if these questions asked before.
Hey there. I'll do my best to give you my opinion as a recent 103D owner. I too was debating between a 103 and a 103D and ended up getting the 103D. As for the Darbee I have mine set at 45%. While watching video I don't notice any big changes but flipping the Darbee on and off I can see the improvement that it is making. It is one of those things that doesn't jump out at me, but I know it's there and enhancing my picture.

As for your set up choices, I chose to have HDMI 1 go directly to my tv and HDMI 2 going to my AVR. Then the video out goes to the HDMI in on the Oppo so that all of my components can have Darbee applied to them. The only hiccup with this set up is that when switching inputs on my AVR I occasionally have an issue where the video will drop out every ten seconds or so. Powering off the Oppo and turning it back on fixes this though. With your AVR it may work out differently though.

Overall I am very happy that I went with the 103D. I would rather spend the extra $100 now then decide I want a Darbee later and have to spend $300 on a standalone into.
David Aiken's Avatar David Aiken 02:44 AM 09-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybob View Post
Pure Audio turns the back light off on my TV while the Energy Saver screen saver does not.

Explanation?
The job of the screen saver is to prevent burn in problems from a stationary image on your screen. It replaces the stationary image (a paused movie or the home screen for example) with a moving image.

Pure audio turns off video output when you don't want it, such as when you are listening to music from a CD or streamed from your computer, and some think that it may improve sound quality.

So they do different things because they are intended to serve different purposes. Your Oppo is behaving correctly. The reason the backlight on your TV turns off when you engage Pure Audio is because there is no video signal so nothing to display and the only way your TV can display a black screen is by turning the backlight off. The reason the backlight stays on with the screen saver is because the screen saver is an image and the backlight has to be on to display the image.
Daffietje's Avatar Daffietje 03:37 AM 09-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Well, thanks to Oppo for that.

* Which AV receiver do you have; a Denon/Marantz one?
Marantz SR5004 (see my sig)

About AIX bluray disc : I decided to buy it used for less than 10 British Pounds. Can't go much wrong for that price I guess.
kellybob's Avatar kellybob 04:46 AM 09-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aiken View Post
The job of the screen saver is to prevent burn in problems from a stationary image on your screen. It replaces the stationary image (a paused movie or the home screen for example) with a moving image.

Pure audio turns off video output when you don't want it, such as when you are listening to music from a CD or streamed from your computer, and some think that it may improve sound quality.

So they do different things because they are intended to serve different purposes. Your Oppo is behaving correctly. The reason the backlight on your TV turns off when you engage Pure Audio is because there is no video signal so nothing to display and the only way your TV can display a black screen is by turning the backlight off. The reason the backlight stays on with the screen saver is because the screen saver is an image and the backlight has to be on to display the image.

Energy Saver – Video output will be turned off after 3 minutes of inactivity. Many projectors and LCD TVs will go into a standby or sleep mode and turn off their projection lamp or LCD backlight lamp, thus saving energy and prolonging the lamp life. When you press any button on the OPPO remote control or the player’s front panel, the screen saver will be canceled and video output will be restored. If your TV is already in standby or sleep mode, you may need to wake up the TV by pressing a button on its remote or control panel.

You can enjoy higher quality audio by turning off the video processing and output. The Pure Audio mode reduces any potential interference between the video and audio signals.
1. Press the PURE AUDIO button on the remote control to turn off video and enter Pure Audio mode. Video output will cease, the power light will dim and the front panel displays will turn off.
2. Press the PURE AUDIO button again to resume video and cancel Pure Audio mode.

Both say video output will turn off. Perhaps should say blank or black video signal. Anyway, there seems to be a difference in black level between the two.

gsr's Avatar gsr 04:55 AM 09-04-2014
Quote:
I never tried using a long Ethernet cable to connect my PC to my router (which the 103 is wired to) because if it worked, the solution of wiring the PC to the router in the next room would require drilling holes in the wall--that's out if the question.
As Dan mentioned, the ultimate solution wouldn't necessarily have to be drilling holes in the wall. The whole point of the exercise is to determine if your current wireless networking solution is the problem or not. If it turns out that running the temporary network cable resolves the problem, then there are a number of options that can be considered.

One would, of course, be to drill the needed holes and run a permanent network cable. If that's not an option, other options include getting a better wireless router, adding a wireless access point (hardwired to your router and located closer to your PC) to extend the wireless range in your house, powerline network adapters (these use your house AC wiring to carry your network signal), and various other options.

But until you've done some diagnostics to help narrow down the scope of the problem, it's going to be difficult to come up with a solution.
Ejs71's Avatar Ejs71 07:04 AM 09-04-2014
Does anyone use their 103 for SACD? I was thinking about buying some. I just a little confused on the difference besides the 24-bit on SACD.. Do they actually play in Surround? Do only certain sounds/instruments come from certain speakers? If so, that sounds pretty cool...

Also.. Besides Pink Floyd DSOTM, are there any SACD's that are a MUST HAVE??

(Please let me know if I should post this in a different forum.. I couldn't find the proper one, so I figured I'd try this one.)
LairdWilliams's Avatar LairdWilliams 08:23 AM 09-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
As Dan mentioned, the ultimate solution wouldn't necessarily have to be drilling holes in the wall. The whole point of the exercise is to determine if your current wireless networking solution is the problem or not. If it turns out that running the temporary network cable resolves the problem, then there are a number of options that can be considered.

One would, of course, be to drill the needed holes and run a permanent network cable. If that's not an option, other options include getting a better wireless router, adding a wireless access point (hardwired to your router and located closer to your PC) to extend the wireless range in your house, powerline network adapters (these use your house AC wiring to carry your network signal), and various other options.

But until you've done some diagnostics to help narrow down the scope of the problem, it's going to be difficult to come up with a solution.
Agree - and another possibility...

Examine the channel and/or frequency band being used by your router. If you are on the same channel/band as your neighbors then you are effectively sharing bandwidth with them. Finding a channel that is not being used nearby can make a big difference in reliability and throughput.

If you have an android phone, there is a very nice app called "Wifi Analyzer" that lets you see what wireless networks are active on what bands and channels. It also shows you signal strength for each network it sees - so you can walk around your house and get a good feel for signal strength and channel crowding in different locations in your home. I would guess that there are similar iPhone apps as well.

<<said the guy who's motto is "wireless sucks for streaming">> ;-p
rdgrimes's Avatar rdgrimes 08:30 AM 09-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs71 View Post
Does anyone use their 103 for SACD? I was thinking about buying some. I just a little confused on the difference besides the 24-bit on SACD.. Do they actually play in Surround? Do only certain sounds/instruments come from certain speakers? If so, that sounds pretty cool...

Also.. Besides Pink Floyd DSOTM, are there any SACD's that are a MUST HAVE??

(Please let me know if I should post this in a different forum.. I couldn't find the proper one, so I figured I'd try this one.)
True, this is a topic best left to other forums. SACD uses a DVD-like technology that allows both a redbook CD layer and a SACD layer. That's called a hybrid SACD. SACD also allows 2 different sets of files on the SACD layer, one for stereo and one for 5.1. The player chooses what to play off the disc. Not all SACD are hybrid, not all SACD contain both stereo and 5.1 files. Buyer beware. Not all 5.1 is actually sourced from multichannel masters, sometimes its matrixed from stereo masters.

There are a number of threads in the multichannel audio forum with discussions of the "best" discs to start with for noobies.

SACD uses a DSD file which is single bit, not 24. When converted to LPCM, DSD is generally converted to 24 bit.
LairdWilliams's Avatar LairdWilliams 12:46 PM 09-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
True, this is a topic best left to other forums. SACD uses a DVD-like technology that allows both a redbook CD layer and a SACD layer. That's called a hybrid SACD. SACD also allows 2 different sets of files on the SACD layer, one for stereo and one for 5.1. The player chooses what to play off the disc. Not all SACD are hybrid, not all SACD contain both stereo and 5.1 files. Buyer beware. Not all 5.1 is actually sourced from multichannel masters, sometimes its matrixed from stereo masters.

There are a number of threads in the multichannel audio forum with discussions of the "best" discs to start with for noobies.

SACD uses a DSD file which is single bit, not 24. When converted to LPCM, DSD is generally converted to 24 bit.
The Oppos do a great job with multichannel SACDs. While such CDs are rare, many of them are phenomenal. Some of the best are pretty expensive though.

In addition to the multichannel audio forum here, check out www.quadraphonicquad.com for LOTS of multichannel music discussion (that board is pretty much dedicated to multichannel music). www.sa-cd.net also has a pretty comprehensive catalog of SACDs of all types and some reviews as well - and they are starting to catalog Blu-Ray audio releases too.
Smarty-pants's Avatar Smarty-pants 02:27 PM 09-04-2014
^forgot the "c" in the link.
Daffietje's Avatar Daffietje 03:43 PM 09-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ How are you set up to play audio, and are you sure you were playing the lossless track from that disc?

In the OPPO, check that you have Dynamic Range Control OFF and Secondary Audio OFF.

Check your speaker levels -- particularly your Subwoofer level -- using a calibration disc.
--Bob
Bob, just wondering something here. Why would you give the advice to turn OFF Secondary Audio?
I mean : if he would have enabled it by accident he would notice it quite fast anyway when watching the movie...
In other words : how can ENABLING Secondary Audio create the problems he is describing?
Bob Pariseau's Avatar Bob Pariseau 03:50 PM 09-04-2014
^ It's quick advice without first surveying the details of his setup. if you use HDMI Bitstream output with Secondary Audio ON, and play a disc with Secondary Audio content (even if you've not chosen to play that content), then by the rules of Blu-ray decoding the OPPO has to decode the audio track you select as preparation for POSSIBLE Secondary Audio mixing. Then (possibly after mixing) that audio has to be RE-encoded back into a Bitstream for output. No consumer electronics has the horsepower to re-encode a lossless track on the fly, so in the case of the OPPO that's done using maximum bit rate, but still lossy, traditional DTS 5.1 or DD 5.1

And you can get a loss of dynamics due to the re-encode.

There's no such problem if you use HDMI LPCM or multi-channel Analog audio output.
--Bob
NorthSky's Avatar NorthSky 08:58 PM 09-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffietje View Post
Marantz SR5004 (see my sig)
Can't see no sig with a smartphone. ...But I knew it was a Denon or a Marantz one anyway.
David Aiken's Avatar David Aiken 09:01 PM 09-04-2014
Quote:
Energy Saver – Video output will be turned off after 3 minutes of inactivity. Many projectors and LCD TVs will go into a standby or sleep mode and turn off their projection lamp or LCD backlight lamp, thus saving energy and prolonging the lamp life. When you press any button on the OPPO remote control or the player’s front panel, the screen saver will be canceled and video output will be restored. If your TV is already in standby or sleep mode, you may need to wake up the TV by pressing a button on its remote or control panel.

You can enjoy higher quality audio by turning off the video processing and output. The Pure Audio mode reduces any potential interference between the video and audio signals.
1. Press the PURE AUDIO button on the remote control to turn off video and enter Pure Audio mode. Video output will cease, the power light will dim and the front panel displays will turn off.
2. Press the PURE AUDIO button again to resume video and cancel Pure Audio mode.

Both say video output will turn off. Perhaps should say blank or black video signal. Anyway, there seems to be a difference in black level between the two.
OK, in your original post you said "screen saver" and not that you were using the "energy saver" mode.

I don't know what the issue is but you are incorrect in summarising the 2 modes when you say "Both say video output will turn off". The energy saver passage says "video output will cease" and the pure audio passage says "video output will turn off" which isn't quite the same wording and I wonder whether there is anything in that. Perhaps with pure audio the video connection is seen by the TV as the player actually turning off while in energy saver mode it sees the player as still sending a signal but one with no video content. What you're seeing may depend on your TV and the energy saver passage does say "Many projectors and LCD TVs will go into a standby or sleep mode and turn off their projection lamp or LCD backlight lamp…". Many projectors and LCD TVs" is not *all* projectors and LCD TVs.

I have a plasma and my screen goes equally black in both modes but plasmas don't have a backlight so what happens with my screen means nothing in relation to your screen.

Sorry I can't help any more.
B 26354's Avatar B 26354 01:17 AM 09-05-2014
Quote:

Explanation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aiken View Post

Well... I definitely do not have the technical expertise to give much of an answer, but just to add to the discussion....

On my 103 -- in order to prevent burn-in on my plasma when I'm listening to music (CDs, or WAV files on an attached USB hard drive) -- I have HDMI 1 out connected to an HDMI splitter, which branches to HDMI inputs on both my 58" 1080p plasma and a 10" backlit 1080p LED monitor. The splitter allows either one of the two monitors to be on individually, or both can be on at the same time.

Obviously, I'm using the Oppo in "split" mode, with its HDMI 2 output going to my AVR.

Regardless of which monitor or monitors happen to be in use, once I've selected the music and started it playing, I always activate the Oppo's Pure Direct button, which "blackens" the monitor(s). Along with helping to prevent burn in, I do this simply because I find the music playback-screen to be far too distracting.

In the case of the plasma, Oppo Pure Direct causes the screen to go completely dead black, as though it were actually turned off. By way of comparison -- because of the way I have the plasma calibrated -- when the Oppo Screen Saver is on (or when the black-backgrounded Oppo Home Screen is being displayed), its black background is not quite as black as when the plasma is turned off.

The little LED monitor's screen, however -- while it does go "black" -- remains "backlit", causing it to actually be a fairly bright "dark grey"... and that grey is the same intensity, whether what's being displayed is the home screen, the screen saver or the Pure Direct "blank" screen.

I'll leave it to the experts to explain what, if anything, this actually means.

I don't ever use the Energy Saver function, incidentally, so I can't address that issue at all.
Tags: Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc
First ... 603  604  605 606  607  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop