Latest Public Beta Test Release
Release date: September 12, 2014.
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release
Main Version: BDP10X-77-0827B
Loader Version: 6U1000 or 7B1300 (BDP-103), 7B1300 (BDP-105, BDP-105D, BDP-103D)
Sub Version: MCU103-05-0916 (BDP-103), MCU105-04-1113 (BDP-105), MCU13D-01-0618 (BDP-103D), MCU15D-01-0930 (BDP-105D), DB10X 131030 (BDP-103D, 105D)
Click here to download the BIN file for firmware version: BDP10X-77-0827B.
Click here to download the firmware CD image file BDP10X-77-0827B-CD-Image.iso.
Warning: Although firmware upgrade is an easy and usually trouble-free process, it is important to ensure that the power supply to the player is stable, and the upgrade process is not interrupted. A failed firmware upgrade can render the player unusable.
This release is still a beta test version, not an official release. Use it only if you would like to experiment with the new features and improvements. There is a very small chance of the new features and improvements not working properly. If that happens, please report any issue to us.
This release is for the OPPO BDP-103, BDP-103D, BDP-105 and BDP-105D Blu-ray Disc players.
- Once this Public Beta firmware is installed on the player, you can revert back to the previous Official release via a USB thumb drive. There will be no issues upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.
- It is recommended that the user performs a "Reset Factory Defaults" operation after the firmware is installed. Please write down your special settings before doing this, and remember to re-apply your settings and adjust the proper volume level (if applicable) before you play any content. You may experience stability issues if this step is not performed.
- This Public Beta firmware is designed to work with new versions of Apple iOS and Android media control applications, which add new features like DMS (digital media server), DMC (digital media controller), virtual keyboard, player settings, and disc playback controls. The Media Control V3.0 will be available in the Apple Store and the Android Play Store shortly.
Comparing to the current Official release version BDP10X-75-0515, the major changes included in this version are:
- Resolved a Color Space issue for the HDMI 1 Out in BDP-103D/105D. Customers reported that if the Resolution was set to Source Direct and the Color Space was set to RGB Video Level, the actual color space sent out was RGB PC Level. This issue has been fixed in this firmware.
- Resolved a Picture Adjustment issue found on 75-0515 firmware. Customers reported that after changing the Picture Adjustment parameters for HDMI 1, the value of Contrast Enhancement would automatically go back to 0. It has been fixed in this firmware.
- Resolved a playback issue with regular DVD discs found on 75-0515 firmware. Customers reported that if the "DVD 24p Conversion" was set to "On", pressing the REV (rewind) button within the DVD playback could cause the player to immediately freeze up. This issue has been resolved in this firmware.
- Resolved a HDMI Audio issue with some 2L Blu-ray Music discs. Customers reported that if the AV Sync was set to 90ms and above, there might be no audio signal from both HDMI outputs.
- Modified the RS-232 serial control protocol: we eliminated the "#APP FFR" due to the removal of Film Fresh service, added the "#APP BER" to enable access to the Berlin Philharmoniker concert service, also fixed an issue with "#SZM" that could not change the Aspect Ratio.
- Added support for the “Pandora Premiers” station in Pandora.
- Improved the Gapless Playback feature, and resolved an issue where the gapless mode could not be enabled for some 96 kHz / 24-bit WAV files.
- Improved support for CUE files, specifically for CUE files that point to multiple WAV files.
- All features and improvements of the previous firmware are also included in this version.