Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelingblue View Post
good day to all
you could do a check?

When the player is connected to HDMI 1, the sharpness control on HDMI 2 does it work?

Thanks
Just tested this on my 103. The answer is no.

With only the HDMI 1 output connected, the Picture Adjustment > HDMI 2 > Sharpness control has no effect.

What firmware do you have installed? Check Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Information for the Main firmware version number.

IGNORE THE UNDERLINED TEXT ABOVE. See my post below. (When did AVS stop supporting Strike-through?)
--Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. -- Need personal consultation/training?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; Today at 03:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18242 of 18251 Old Today, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
i have done other test and i confirm that there is a way to use the sharpness of hdmi2 in the hdmi qdeo channel.

someone can do this test please?

1) power on player with cable in HDMI2
2) open PP and put sharpness to +16
3) power off player
4) change cable to hdmi 1
5) power on player

in this way i have the qdeo channel not with invasive and overshooted sharpness of hdmi1 but with well detailed sharpness of HDMI2 channel

for who is expert of htpc the result is similar to the fantastic sharpness of finesharp avisynth script with a very good chroma up (better than a bicubic for example)
for me in the qdeo channel render there is a sort of antiringing filter for chroma.

an advantage of hdmi1 channel is also that in 8bit panels you can use an upsampling of a total 30bit dihtered to single 8bit

I also confirm that chroma on HDMI2 is orrible...... pheraps a simply bilinear with disallineament.
certainly the chroma up is done inside the decoder and not in the render, unfortunately.
is possible to report this to oppo?

Last edited by feelingblue; Today at 02:45 PM.
post #18243 of 18251 Old Today, 02:45 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ Are you using Quick Start or Energy Efficient for power cycles? Which Main firmware version do you have installed?

ETA: As for you HDMI 2 Chroma finding, which Color Space and Deep Color setting are you using on HDMI 2? How are you testing for the Chroma up sampling -- i.e., which calibration disc and which chart?

Contact information for OPPO Tech Support is on their website Support page for the player.
--Bob

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; Today at 02:49 PM.
post #18244 of 18251 Old Today, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Just tested this on my 103. The answer is no.

With only the HDMI 1 output connected, the Picture Adjustment > HDMI 2 > Sharpness control has no effect.

What firmware do you have installed? Check Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Information for the Main firmware version number.
--Bob
last stable from oppo UK because i am italian.

the version is:BDP10xEU-75-0515

the last beta is not avaiable in italy... usually it takes a few days
post #18245 of 18251 Old Today, 02:53 PM

Quote:
^ Are you using Quick Start or Energy Efficient for power cycles? Which Main firmware version do you have installed?

ETA: As for you HDMI 2 Chroma finding, which Color Space and Deep Color setting are you using on HDMI 2?

Contact information for OPPO Tech Support is on their website Support page for the player.
--Bob
i not speak english well, i use a translator...
excuse me.
what mean with power cycles?

Color space is ycbcr444 according to my VPR request (it is the color space that do not have conversions back)
Deep color on HDMI1 i use 30bit without dithering because i have a 10bit panel.
ditherd is useless.
36bit do not give me any visible advantages.
post #18246 of 18251 Old Today, 03:15 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ OK I need to REPLACE my post above. I can now CONFIRM what you have found.

(I forgot how subtle the Sharpness adjustment is on HDMI 2. I had to check its effect on HDMI 2 to know what to look for on HDMI 1.)

You are correct. Picture Adjustment > HDMI 2 > Sharpness is indeed also altering the video for HDMI 1. And that effect happens even across a power off / power on with Energy Efficient selected. Good catch!

I doubt that this is intentional. I'll report this to OPPO via Beta Tester channels, but I'm afraid if they fix it, you will lose this combined result you like.
--Bob

post #18247 of 18251 Old Today, 03:25 PM

Quote:
^ OK I need to REPLACE my post above. I can now CONFIRM what you have found.

(I forgot how subtle the Sharpness adjustment is on HDMI 2. I had to check its effect on HDMI 2 to know what to look for on HDMI 1.)

You are correct. Picture Adjustment > HDMI 2 > Sharpness is indeed also altering the video for HDMI 1. And that effect happens even across a power off / power on with Energy Efficient selected. Good catch!

I doubt that this is intentional. I'll report this to OPPO via Beta Tester channels, but I'm afraid if they fix it, you will lose this combined result you like.
--Bob
no wait!!

This is an advantage for us.
they must fix the bad chroma first.
post #18248 of 18251 Old Today, 03:34 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ OK, let's talk about Chroma on HDMI 2. What calibration disc and calibration chart are you using, and what are you seeing? Also, are you using 1080p Resolution, or AUTO or SOURCE DIRECT?
--Bob

post #18249 of 18251 Old Today, 03:50 PM

Quote:
^ OK, let's talk about Chroma on HDMI 2. What calibration disc and calibration chart are you using, and what are you seeing? Also, are you using 1080p Resolution, or AUTO or SOURCE DIRECT?
--Bob
thank you.

I have spear and munsil calibration disk II.
I have in parallel a HTPC with Madvr and avisynth. So i compare all chroma upsampling algoritm and i know very well how i video chain work.

The chroma i see is only a little better than a bilinear. Is certainly worse than a Mitchell-Netravali or Catmull Rom.

I use 1080p resolution on 1080p screen.
the chroma is bad in 422 444 and RGB.... practically always.

The chroma multiburst pattern of spears are always failed.
post #18250 of 18251 Old Today, 04:12 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ I'm not seeing that on my 103. I just tested my 103 with HDMI 2 output at explicit 1080p, with RGB Video Level, YCbCr 4:4:4, and YCbCr 4:2:2, and with Deep Color OFF and Deep Color 30-bits, and the Chroma Multiburst chart on Spears & Munsil, v2, looks good to me for all of these.

Either there's something we've not yet discussed in your setup, or perhaps what you are seeing is peculiar to the EU version of the firmware?

Could you post some screen photos showing what you are seeing on this Chroma Multiburst chart?
--Bob

post #18251 of 18251 Old Today, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 50
So I have this weird phenomenon occurring. Im using the HDMI input on my 103D and with both my apple tv or my PS4 after about half hour of use I get a loud screeching white noise that doesn't go away unless i power down each device. any suggestions as to what this could be?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page