post #18271 of 18287 Old 09-15-2014, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
I had no problem adding the 103 to my Harmony 688. All the buttons were programmed properly and the 688 works fine with the 103.

Bill
Perhaps Harmony changed the software recently, but my experience with declaring to the software that I had an Oppo 103 produced few programmed buttons, but telling the software I had an Oppo 93 got me 95% of what I wanted.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18272 of 18287 Old 09-15-2014, 06:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
Perhaps Harmony changed the software recently, but my experience with declaring to the software that I had an Oppo 103 produced few programmed buttons, but telling the software I had an Oppo 93 got me 95% of what I wanted.
I've had the 103 for quite awhile and programmed it since day one. I'm not sure if there have been software changes but I've never had an issue. I've created different activities with the 103 a number of different times without any issues.

Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #18273 of 18287 Unread Yesterday, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
I've had the 103 for quite awhile and programmed it since day one. I'm not sure if there have been software changes but I've never had an issue. I've created different activities with the 103 a number of different times without any issues.

Bill
Works fine for me, too (Harmony 650 / Oppo 103D).

Panasonic TC-P60ST60, Pioneer SC-1523-K, Oppo BDP-103D, Pioneer PL-550 + Cambridge Audio Azur 640P, B&W CM1 (fronts), B&W CM Centre, Athena Point 5 Mk II (rears), Hsu VTF-2
----------------------------------------
Sony 34XBR960, Onkyo TX-NR414, Sony PS3, Athena Point 5 Mk II (center and fronts), Wharfedale WH-2 (rears), Polk PSW10
post #18274 of 18287 Unread Yesterday, 11:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Amazing! ...That is almost twenty firmware updates since first released. ...Talk about constant support! ...Extremely cool.
Agreed, Bob!

Best regards,
Lloyd C.

post #18275 of 18287 Unread Yesterday, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Harmony software thinks the 103 is a "music system," and most of the remote buttons don't end up getting programmed on the harmony. You get a better and faster result if you tell the harmony software that the Oppo is an Oppo BDP-93, which uses the same remote as the 103. Harmony software categorizes the 93 as a BluRay/DVD player and will program the Harmony remote properly--there may be a few buttons to add, but much less work than if Harmony thinks you are training its remote to operate a 103.
Many thanks for this pbarach. I have a new Harmony waiting for programming. This should help ease the process. (I suspect I've seen this advice before. But I would not have remembered it when I needed it.)

Ken

Given others' different experience with the Harmony software, I'd better experiment. By the way, what version of the control software are you using? And what remotes? (This is getting a little off topic. So ignore if you think it's over the line.)

Last edited by kendo70433; Yesterday at 12:13 PM.
post #18276 of 18287 Unread Yesterday, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo70433 View Post
Many thanks for this pbarach. I have a new Harmony waiting for programming. This should help ease the process. (I suspect I've seen this advice before. But I would not have remembered it when I needed it.)

Ken

Given others' different experience with the Harmony software, I'd better experiment. By the way, what version of the control software are you using? And what remotes? (This is getting a little off topic. So ignore if you think it's over the line.)
As others have pointed out, this is no longer the case. Maybe when the 103 was first released, but no longer. Harmony sees my 103D as a "home theater" device, not a music device. All buttons are available between the physical buttons and the screens. No need to set it up as a 93.

Panasonic TC-P60ST60, Pioneer SC-1523-K, Oppo BDP-103D, Pioneer PL-550 + Cambridge Audio Azur 640P, B&W CM1 (fronts), B&W CM Centre, Athena Point 5 Mk II (rears), Hsu VTF-2
Sony 34XBR960, Onkyo TX-NR414, Sony PS3, Athena Point 5 Mk II (center and fronts), Wharfedale WH-2 (rears), Polk PSW10
post #18277 of 18287 Unread Yesterday, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am hoping other experts have an insight into what's happening....

I've been generally happy with my Oppo BDP-103, but of late I've noticed something peculiar and it's bugging me. I can live with this,but would prefer if there's someway of addressing it. So here goes...

When I am loading or playing Blu-Rays, there's a distinct 6 second lag between the time the counter on the Oppo begins to the time that video/audio are output.After this point on, everything works fine. This does not happen with SACDs loaded into the Oppo.

I have verified that there's no issue with HDMI handshake between player and AV receiver. Other inputs to AV receiver such as Roku or Apple TV do not display this behavior.

Has anyone experienced this and if so, what is the workaround?

Thank you.

Andy

Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR1010
Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP-103, TV: Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ800U
Speakers: Klipsch
RF-7 II Floorstanding, RC-64 II Center Channel, RS-62 II Surround Speakers
Subwoofer: SVS Sound PB-2000
Roku, Apple TV
post #18278 of 18287 Unread Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 866
^ This is probably the new HDMI handshake that happens when you start the feature because (1) the audio format changes and (2) the content changes to 1080p/24 where the menus or disc "warning" screens may have been 1080p/60. In addition, Copy Protection is being established as part of the new handshake.

Try setting 1080p resolution explicitly (not Auto or Source Direct). Try setting HDMI Audio to LPCM or Bitstream as you prefer (not Auto). Try turning 1080p/24 Output OFF.

The way HDMI works, handshakes take about 2 seconds, and retries also take about 2 seconds, so it sounds like you are getting 2 retries before things settle down. There may be similar settings you can make in your AVR to simplify its handshake to your Display, too. Otherwise the usual methods apply for getting HDMI happy -- upgrade your cables and simplify your set of HDMI connections.
--Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. -- Need personal consultation/training?
post #18279 of 18287 Unread Yesterday, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ This is probably the new HDMI handshake that happens when you start the feature because (1) the audio format changes and (2) the content changes to 1080p/24 where the menus or disc "warning" screens may have been 1080p/60. In addition, Copy Protection is being established as part of the new handshake.

Try setting 1080p resolution explicitly (not Auto or Source Direct). Try setting HDMI Audio to LPCM or Bitstream as you prefer (not Auto). Try turning 1080p/24 Output OFF.

The way HDMI works, handshakes take about 2 seconds, and retries also take about 2 seconds, so it sounds like you are getting 2 retries before things settle down. There may be similar settings you can make in your AVR to simplify its handshake to your Display, too. Otherwise the usual methods apply for getting HDMI happy -- upgrade your cables and simplify your set of HDMI connections.
--Bob
That did it, Bob. Wow, thank you. Per suggestion I have set the resolution explicitly at 1080p, turned 1080p/24 Output OFF and HDMI Audto to Bitstream.

Three cheers for Bob Pariseau!

Andy

Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR1010
Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP-103, TV: Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ800U
Speakers: Klipsch
RF-7 II Floorstanding, RC-64 II Center Channel, RS-62 II Surround Speakers
Subwoofer: SVS Sound PB-2000
Roku, Apple TV
post #18280 of 18287 Unread Yesterday, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo70433 View Post

Ken

No, not at all over the line--I have the latest version (7.7) of the Harmony downloaded software, which operates differently than the version that is operated via the website. I have a Harmony One.

I'm glad to see that a couple of other people were able to use a Harmony remote without the problem that I had. But I know I'm not alone because I got directed to this solution by some other Oppo owners who subscribe to Official Logitech Harmony One thread

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
post #18281 of 18287 Unread Yesterday, 03:03 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelingblue View Post
I try to post some pics:

1) The chroma multiburst is perfect in HDMI1, without the more dark stripes
2) red and blue patterns are perfectly alligned in HDMI1 and always disallined in HDMI2 (every color space)
3) diagonal chroma lines are a simil bilinear here but are perfectly smooth in HDMI1
I had a chance to examine this closely today, and I'm not seeing what you are seeing.

On my 103, the HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 outputs both look the same -- and correct.

I don't know what's different about your 103 and mine, except of course for the fact that you are running the EU firmware. But there are things in those photos which clearly show an error SOMEWHERE in your video chain. The Chroma Alignment wedges for example.

All I can say is that with my 103, and my video chain I am not seeing those errors on HDMI 2 output, and HDMI 2 matches HDMI 1 output.

This is with Picture Adjustment for HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 both set at the factory default (0) values.

---------------------------------------------

The EU version of the Public Beta 0827B firmware is now available on the OPPO UK site. You might want to try installing that -- followed by a Reset of the player -- to see if that makes a difference:

http://www.oppodigital.co.uk/custome...-firmware.aspx

--Bob

post #18282 of 18287 Unread Yesterday, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
No, not at all over the line--I have the latest version (7.7) of the Harmony downloaded software, which operates differently than the version that is operated via the website. I have a Harmony One.

I'm glad to see that a couple of other people were able to use a Harmony remote without the problem that I had. But I know I'm not alone because I got directed to this solution by some other Oppo owners who subscribe to Official Logitech Harmony One thread
I wonder if that's unique to the Harmony One, perhaps? I'm also using the latest version of My Harmony (the app, not the web portal), but not for the One, for the 650. It set it up right out the box as a Home Theater device with all the BD features. Very strange...you'd think their database would be consistent.

post #18283 of 18287 Unread Yesterday, 09:08 PM

HDMI2 Sharpness Control Effect on HDMI1

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelingblue View Post
The beautifull is that if i use post processing setting of HDMI2 (but the cable is in HDMI1) i can use the sharpness control!!
Only the sharpness is working but others don't.

Now i have image from HDMI1 but with the sharpness of HDMI2.

too good to be true, i never again will update the firmware
Feelingblue : that is amazing !!! Thank you so much for sharing your discovery with us !

Quote:
I doubt that this is intentional. I'll report this to OPPO via Beta Tester channels, but I'm afraid if they fix it, you will lose this combined result you lie.
--Bob
Bob : please, PLEASE, do NOT report that as a bug ! I feel the trick uncovered by Feelingblue is the closest we've ever been to what many people were asking for in the past, i.e. a "halfway" HDMI1 Sharpness setting between 0 and +1 (since the full jump is too drastic). I'd say setting Sharpness in HDMI2 as +16, while still watching via HDMI1, is roughly the equivalent of an HDMI1 Sharpness setting of +0.3.

Please don't take that away from us !!!

PS: Tested and still functional with the latest Beta.

Last edited by FernandoF; Yesterday at 09:13 PM.
post #18284 of 18287 Unread Yesterday, 09:19 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ Not for me to decide of course. I did make it clear that the folks who discovered this *LIKE* the result.
--Bob

post #18285 of 18287 Unread Yesterday, 09:27 PM

^ Sure, of course I was kidding, but thank you for making sure Oppo is aware that we DO like the result...
post #18286 of 18287 Unread Today, 12:54 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
^ You are correct. Picture Adjustment > HDMI 2 > Sharpness is indeed also altering the video for HDMI 1. And that effect happens even across a power off / power on with Energy Efficient selected. Good catch!
Will this "trick" also work if I am using both hdmi1(to projector) and hdmi2(to AV receiver) and set for split AV mode?
post #18287 of 18287 Unread Today, 02:51 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Latest Public Beta Test Release
Improved the Gapless Playback feature, and resolved an issue where the gapless mode could not be enabled for some 96 kHz / 24-bit WAV files.
Can anyone please advise what exactly was changed here?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread