Forum Jump: 

post #18301 of 18301 Old Today, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoF View Post
Feelingblue : that is amazing !!! Thank you so much for sharing your discovery with us !

Bob : please, PLEASE, do NOT report that as a bug ! I feel the trick uncovered by Feelingblue is the closest we've ever been to what many people were asking for in the past, i.e. a "halfway" HDMI1 Sharpness setting between 0 and +1 (since the full jump is too drastic). I'd say setting Sharpness in HDMI2 as +16, while still watching via HDMI1, is roughly the equivalent of an HDMI1 Sharpness setting of +0.3.

Please don't take that away from us !!!

PS: Tested and still functional with the latest Beta.
If this is to be kept, and I can see why some whould want it kept, then I believe that the sharpness control slider from HDMI 2 should be added to the HDMI 1 control panel. Ideally with separate settings for each which might be more difficult, but at minimum I would want to be able to access the control in the HDMI 1 page and have the sliders linked together.

The overall picture might be improved if this is fixed depending on why this is happening. If something that could be bypassed is not being bypassed, then the picture on HDMI 1 might be improved.

My thinking is that HDMI 1 feeds both outputs and although the sharpness control could be accessed and set as it is now using both HDMI setup pages, it is not as this would require another slider in HDMI 1 and it might be quite difficult to have separate values for each output. In this case, the picture would not improve having this fixed. But it could be that something that should be bypassed for HDMI 1 output is not being bypassed which would improve the picture for HDMI 1.

Although I do like the sharpness of HDMI 2 better, I use HDMI 1 as the color and overall depth is better. I do like the much finer adjustment range provided by the HDMI 2 slider, but even at with HDMI 2 slider at sharpness +1, I lose some depth on HDMI 1. So my preference is to have it fixed by simply having HDMI 2 sharpness only affect HDMI 2.

Last edited by kellybob; Today at 08:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page