Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Firmware is here:

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-b...3-Support.aspx

The Public Beta firmware cures the Source Direct bug.

Make sure you have HDMI Color Space set to an explicit choice -- YCbCr 4:4:4 for example -- not AUTO. Do the usual things for checking your HDMI cabling -- e.g., temporarily attach the OPPO directly to the Display with the 6 foot cable that comes with the OPPO.

While viewing the video demonstrating the problem, press Info on the OPPO remote, then Page Up or Page Down to change what's shown. The bottom line will show what the OPPO thinks it is sending out on each HDMI output. (That line may be wrong if using Source Direct with RGB Video Level prior to the Public Beta firmware.)
--Bob
Will try that.

What I did do was use the same cabling as the OPPO 83 and had no black level issues. I did go directly to projector and tried both OPPO HDMI outputs. I can try the other cable, however.

We are explicitly YCbCr 4:4:4. I don't think I am using source direct.

In hitting the 'Info Button' on the Oppo, what am I looking for in terms of information that the Oppo thinks it is sending?

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18362 of 18364 Old Today, 06:47 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 868
^ Do this while playing your calibration chart: After hitting Info, press either Page Up or Page Down to change what's shown on screen. The bottom line will tell you what the OPPO thinks it is sending out on each HDMI output, for example 4:4:4, 4:2:2, RGBV, or RGB (which means PC Level). 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and RGBV all use the same, "studio", black levels. Separate values will be shown for the HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 outputs.

If you have BOTH HDMI outputs cabled, be sure you are using Split A/V and that the HDMI 1 output is the one you are using for Video. Double check as it is easy to confuse the two sockets.

Do try the new, Public Beta firmware, as you may have found a new way to trigger the same type of bug that is fixed in that firmware even though you are not using Source Direct.
--Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. -- Need personal consultation/training?
post #18363 of 18364 Old Today, 01:29 PM
boe
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
^ Look for the new version of the Oppo app for your iPad coming out soon. This was stated in the Latest Public Beta firmware release. It might contain what you're requesting...

3. This Public Beta firmware is designed to work with new versions of Apple iOS and Android media control applications, which add new features like DMS (digital media server), DMC (digital media controller), virtual keyboard, player settings, and disc playback controls. The Media Control V3.0 will be available in the Apple Store and the Android Play Store shortly.
Hello,

Is there a way to sign up for notifications on when Media Control v3.0 is going to be released?
post #18364 of 18364 Old Today, 02:00 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 868
^ Email OPPO Tech Support and it wouldn't surprise me if they start a new notification list just for you. Seriously.
--Bob

. -- Need personal consultation/training?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc , Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page