gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by avParsec View Post
Just to clarify, you are actually saying the youtube app which the Oppo uses needs to be made html5 compliant as html5 is what youtube uses now?
No, he's saying that YouTube provided Oppo with a new HTML5 version of their app and this new version took away some of the keyboard support that was in the older version of the app.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18482 of 18493 Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by avParsec View Post
Just to clarify, you are actually saying the youtube app which the Oppo uses needs to be made html5 compliant as html5 is what youtube uses now?

Reason I ask is, I have been trying to view some "live" streams using the Oppo (Youtube) and it never works and I get a html5 browser error. I pair the Oppo to my computer or whatever and use that to find the video to stream for the Oppo, but, no sucess. I can play standard youtube stuff ok though.
Email OPPO Tech Support with the details on the YouTube content that won't play and they can check it out. I forget whether YouTube still has content which can only be played on computers.
--Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. -- Need personal consultation/training?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18483 of 18493 Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Dear Forum Moderators,

Is there any particular reason why there's a Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv tag listed for this topic. Who sneaked it in?

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 |
post #18484 of 18493 Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Dear Forum Moderators,

Is there any particular reason why there's a Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k 120hz Led Hdtv tag listed for this topic. Who sneaked it in?
Use the little "report post" triangle on the lower left of any post to contact a moderator. They don't scan every thread for reported issues.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #18485 of 18493 Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know it is possible to move the position of the subtitles up or down when playing back a movie from a BD/DVD. But is it possible to do the same when playing a movie from a MKV file with external subtitle file? I tried holding down the "Subtitle" button but pressing the "Up" and "Down" buttons don't seem to do anything?
post #18486 of 18493 Old Today, 04:09 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschen View Post
I know it is possible to move the position of the subtitles up or down when playing back a movie from a BD/DVD. But is it possible to do the same when playing a movie from a MKV file with external subtitle file? I tried holding down the "Subtitle" button but pressing the "Up" and "Down" buttons don't seem to do anything?
The Options button displays a menu that includes Subtitle Adj, which has a shift parameter. It's been a while since I tried it, but I recall that this control works for media files, where the main subtitle control is for Blu-ray and DVD.

Give it a try. I don't believe it is dynamic: that is, unlike the other control, you don't see the subtitle moving while you adjust the control.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #18487 of 18493 Old Today, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, for sure you can adjust the position of the external subtitles of a MKV file. As the other fellow forumer said, I think you cannot real-time see the difference. you have to do some trial & error for the position.
post #18488 of 18493 Old Today, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hy, I would like to know if the latest Beta firmware BDP10XEU-77-0827B is safe and working properly before I install it.
I have a Oppo 103eu.

Thanks for the help.
post #18489 of 18493 Old Today, 08:12 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ No new gotchas that I know of. Note that you can roll back to the current Official release if you spot some reason to do so.
--Bob
NeogeoG likes this.

post #18490 of 18493 Old Today, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Does the 103 offer "RGB-Full(0-255)" or "RGB-Limited(16-235)" ?

Most, or all Blu-ray players, and other devices, i.e. STB, DVRs, output RGB-Limited?

Or is only a PC able to feed my Elite "Full RGB"?
post #18491 of 18493 Old Today, 10:20 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ The 103 offers both for output.

In the 103, the terms used are RGB Video Level for Black = 16 and Reference White = 235. The values from 0-15 are the Blacker than Black values. The values from 236-254 are the Peak White values. (255 is a reserved value.) The OPPO players pass both the Blacker than Black and Peak White ranges.

And RGB PC Level for Black = 0 and Reference White = 254 (255 is a reserved value). With RGB PC Level there is no place to pass Blacker than Black or Peak White values as there's no data range available below 0 or above 254.

You should be aware that *ALL* commercial movie and TV show content is encoded using the Video Level scheme -- in YCbCr instead of RGB, but with the same Black and White values.

That means for Home Theater use it is almost always better to use Video Level as your output from the player. That would be RGB Video Level, or YCbCr 4:4:4, or YCbCr 4:2:2

The only good reason to use RGB PC Level output is if you are connecting the player to a computer monitor which is not capable of handling Video Level correctly.

Note also that when using RGB, the choice to use PC Level or Video Level must be made MANUALLY. It is not something that can be negotiated as part of the HDMI handshake. That means the devices at both ends of the HDMI cable have to be set manually to use the same flavor of RGB.
--Bob

post #18492 of 18493 Old Today, 10:20 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguitar1963 View Post
Does the 103 offer "RGB-Full(0-255)" or "RGB-Limited(16-235)" ?

Most, or all Blu-ray players, and other devices, i.e. STB, DVRs, output RGB-Limited?

Or is only a PC able to feed my Elite "Full RGB"?
It has both, but you would use Full only to a computer monitor that required it.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #18493 of 18493 Old Today, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 308
With regards to the beta, I have been running it and havent had any issues with blu-ray/dvd, roku stick and using device as a video processor (Directv dvr into HDMI in).

My only complaint is if I pause Directv, then hit play again there is a loud chirp that comes thru the speakers before the sound starts back.

65" VT50 / BDP-103
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page