Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 623 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 194Likes

post #18661 of 18663 Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I need some help here. I just received my Oppo BDP 103D player and hooked it up and I have picture problems. here is what I have and what its doing.
Projector - JVC dla 500r which has 4k & 3D etc etc.
Receiver - Anthom mxr710 which has everything as well
Now how I connected it, was I ran from the oppo player HDMI 1 to the receiver and the receiver HDMI is ran to the projector.
My problem is when I put in a blue-ray movie, and with the Oppo player set on Auto it either takes the movie to 4k or 1080p and it starts playing the movie but then the picture cuts in & out & in & out & even goes streaky colors and stuff. the sound is good just picture cutting in & out. And when I put in a 3D movie I have sound but no picture at all. When I went into the menu on the oppo and turned the auto off and put it on 1080I everything works, except 3D but now I'm losing picture quality. Is it possible the processor in the oppo player is fighting with the processor in the Anthom receiver and causing this? or did I just hook it up wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18662 of 18663 Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwl641 View Post
I need some help here. I just received my Oppo BDP 103D player and hooked it up and I have picture problems. here is what I have and what its doing.
Projector - JVC dla 500r which has 4k & 3D etc etc.
Receiver - Anthom mxr710 which has everything as well
Now how I connected it, was I ran from the oppo player HDMI 1 to the receiver and the receiver HDMI is ran to the projector.
My problem is when I put in a blue-ray movie, and with the Oppo player set on Auto it either takes the movie to 4k or 1080p and it starts playing the movie but then the picture cuts in & out & in & out & even goes streaky colors and stuff. the sound is good just picture cutting in & out. And when I put in a 3D movie I have sound but no picture at all. When I went into the menu on the oppo and turned the auto off and put it on 1080I everything works, except 3D but now I'm losing picture quality. Is it possible the processor in the oppo player is fighting with the processor in the Anthom receiver and causing this? or did I just hook it up wrong?
Swap in a different HDMI cable between AVR and PJ, then between Oppo and AVR. See which one of them is causing the problem.
post #18663 of 18663 Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 896
^ As I recall, only one input of the MRX 710 works with 4K video. Make sure you are using that one. Check if your JVC has a restriction like this as well.

I forget whether you also have to have the MRX 710 set to "THROUGH" when passing 4K or 3D video through it. Check the Manual.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page