post #18691 of 18693 Old Today, 08:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwl641 View Post
Ok so this was the problem I'm having with this Oppo player, changed cable and set the Anthom receiver to passthrough and now it will get 1080P, but still no 3D. and now when I changed the receiver to pass through and change back to the satellite bell receiver it won't play, I had to change the Anthom receiver back to processed. so this is going to be annoying every time I want to watch movies from the Oppo player and go back to the dish I always have to change the receiver back and fourth to pass through & processed. Had a tech come out and he's even confused, the only thing he figures is maybe the Oppo player needs to be downloaded with latest updates or something. Anyone else have this problem or know what to do??
Eliminate the AVR from the mix by routing HDMI-1 direct to the display, and HDMI-2 to the AVR, using "split mode" in the Oppo. If that solves the issues then you've answered at least one question. If it doesn't, then the display itself may be at fault.

There's also no reason why your cable box should need to have the AVR processing its video, but that's a topic for another forum/thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18692 of 18693 Old Today, 09:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemiza View Post
I ran a test this morning and it wouldn't stream SuperHD.
Is your ISP service fast enough? Maybe you have a router issue? Do you have the latest firmware installed?
Maybe your player is set to 720p output? Or limited by multiple connected devices, or any number of other things...
Whatever the case may be, Netflix does stream 1080p and the Netflix app built into the player shouldn't have an issue with that in general.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #18693 of 18693 Old Today, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
^Yes. You are probably getting throttled by your ISP during peak viewing hours.
When traffic on their servers is heavy, they limit the bandwidth intentionally despite the fact you are paying both Netflix and your ISP.
You can easily test it by trying to watch something in the morning or early afternoon hours,
and more than likely it will hit 1080p very quickly then.
Also, you need to check your netflix settings to ensure you're set to stream at the fastest level.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page