Forum Jump: 
 199Likes

post #18721 of 18724 Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was hoping this latest update would fix a problem I have been having, but does not appear so. Anyone else experience loss of audio after pausing a BD movie? It happens about half the time for me, usually after an extended pause of several minutes or more. When I restart, it displays "stereo" instead of DTS but absolutely no sound. To fix, I have to toggle the audio menu on the Oppo back to the HD audio soundtrack.

Have to say I am a little disappointed with some of the bugs in the Oppo. I honestly had no playback issues with any of my previous Panasonic BD players, though I realize the Oppo is more complex given it is a universal player.

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18722 of 18724 Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by stash64 View Post
I was hoping this latest update would fix a problem I have been having, but does not appear so. Anyone else experience loss of audio after pausing a BD movie? It happens about half the time for me, usually after an extended pause of several minutes or more. When I restart, it displays "stereo" instead of DTS but absolutely no sound. To fix, I have to toggle the audio menu on the Oppo back to the HD audio soundtrack.

Have to say I am a little disappointed with some of the bugs in the Oppo. I honestly had no playback issues with any of my previous Panasonic BD players, though I realize the Oppo is more complex given it is a universal player.
Have you sent specific bug reports to Oppo telling them what you have experienced?
They can't fix it if they don't know what the problems are.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #18723 of 18724 Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Try splitting the connection (HDMI 1 to the television; HDMI 2 to the receiver) then remove the HDMI cable from the rear of the receiver to the television and see if the same errors persist.
post #18724 of 18724 Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM
boe
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Two new features or at least newer that I noticed in the current firmware - not sure if it was in previous one or not -
1. playback of a streamed movie from where you left off - this is great!
2. A picture preview of a movie however it only is there after I play some of the movie - not showing in advance and it goes away when you scroll up or down.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page