Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 631 - AVS Forum
First ... 629  630  631 632  633  ... Last
Blu-ray Players > Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread
DanF8500's Avatar DanF8500 11:06 PM 11-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pochoboy View Post
Dear Bob,

Maybe one day I will have a question for you on an Oppo.

You have to ask Bob a question to get a reply. He's Oppo's answer to Apple's Siri. [emoji23]

latch_be's Avatar latch_be 08:18 AM 11-13-2014
Hi

I got stuck on a problem that has probably been commented already, I am sorry for not having gone through all the 630 pages of this thread yet.

My Oppo is hooked up to my audio/video system in the following way :

Oppo HDMI1 -> Samsung UE46F7000 LCDTV : HDMI 1 (ARC) in
Oppo HDMI2 -> Denon AVR-3808 -> Samsung UE46F7000 LCDTV : HDMI 2 in

When playing music on the Oppo with the receiver and the tv on, sporadic image and audio cut-offs happen : the image disappears for a sec or two on the TV along with the audio through the AVR, then everything comes back to normal.

My feeling is that this might be some kind of hand-shaking issue. When I put the Oppo audio in pure mode and operate through the Media Controller App the problem is solved, but I would like to know if there was another solution. It is simply because I tend to have much more often listening sessions using the TV screen for navigation, not a tablet or a smartphone.

The Oppo setting for HDMI1/2 is at Split A/V, the firmware version is 75.

Thanks in advance for any idea (solution) shared.

Latchezar
latch_be's Avatar latch_be 08:18 AM 11-13-2014
Hi

I got stuck on a problem that has probably been commented already, I am sorry for not having gone through all the 630 pages of this thread yet.

When playing music on the Oppo with the receiver and the tv on, sporadic image and audio cut-offs happen : the image disappears for a sec or two on the TV along with the audio through the AVR, then everything comes back to normal.

My feeling is that this might be some kind of hand-shaking issue. When I put the Oppo audio in pure mode and operate through the Media Controller App the problem is solved, but I would like to know if there was another solution. It is simply because I tend to have much more often listening sessions using the TV screen for navigation, not a tablet or a smartphone.

Latchezar
DanF8500's Avatar DanF8500 08:56 AM 11-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by latch_be View Post
...but I would like to know if there was another solution.

Latchezar

Fw ver 75? Is that your latest official release in your country? Here in the US, the latest fw ver is 77. I remember reading another owner having a similar problem with audio cutting out, and after he installed the latest fw (ver 77), his problem was resolved. No more stuttering/audio dropouts.
rdgrimes's Avatar rdgrimes 12:11 PM 11-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by latch_be View Post
Hi

Latchezar
This is a classic indicator of a poor HDMI cable or connection. Set the player to output 720p with deep color off. Does the problem go away? If so, you only have to figure out which cable is the problem (it could be any of them). Sometimes simply unplugging and re-plugging each end of each cable can resolve issues.
latch_be's Avatar latch_be 01:07 PM 11-13-2014
OK, guys, thank you for your quick reaction.

The version is still not the 77 because I own a multiregion/multizone version and am still waiting for the legal firmware mod.

I'll do the 720p test and write again if it is the answer.
Tgterm's Avatar Tgterm 06:09 PM 11-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
You need to go to the Setup Menu, Video Setup, Dual HDMI Output. Change it to Dual Display.

I think I spoke too soon...when I have this configured this way I am experiencing an intermittent loss of video when streaming with the Roku stick. Just seems to flash to black every 10 seconds or so. When I disconnect the cable from HDMI 2 (SACD connection) the flashing to a blank screen stops. Switched the HDMI cables...same problem.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tgterm's Avatar Tgterm 06:48 PM 11-13-2014
^^hmmmm...reconnected HDMI 2.... Watching Crackle streaming and no flashing to black. Was doing it before when choosing the episode. Weird.

Mongo171's Avatar Mongo171 01:11 AM 11-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgterm View Post
^^hmmmm...reconnected HDMI 2.... Watching Crackle streaming and no flashing to black. Was doing it before when choosing the episode. Weird.

Now it's a handshake issue? Those connectors are just held in by friction. Any slight tug or the weight of the cable could pull the connector out ever so slightly. I use small gauge, lightweight, high speed cables.
Tgterm's Avatar Tgterm 04:17 AM 11-14-2014
Quote:
Now it's a handshake issue? Those connectors are just held in by friction. Any slight tug or the weight of the cable could pull the connector out ever so slightly. I use small gauge, lightweight, high speed cables.

Maybe...

Tell me if this all makes sense:

1) the cable that was losing video has been in place for quite a while with no issues.

2) the issue started on that existing cable when I went to the two HDMI set up.

3) when I switched the cables, it still happened

4) when I pulled the OTHER cable, it stopped happening

5) after a while, I reinserted the other cable and it was no longer happening

I am using a radio shack cable and one of those Amazon cables...there are probably better choices, but the Amazon cable had been in place with no issues until now.

I'll see what happens again tonight.

Thanks !

Mongo171's Avatar Mongo171 07:49 AM 11-14-2014
Quote:
Maybe...

Tell me if this all makes sense:

1) the cable that was losing video has been in place for quite a while with no issues.

2) the issue started on that existing cable when I went to the two HDMI set up.

3) when I switched the cables, it still happened

4) when I pulled the OTHER cable, it stopped happening

5) after a while, I reinserted the other cable and it was no longer happening

I am using a radio shack cable and one of those Amazon cables...there are probably better choices, but the Amazon cable had been in place with no issues until now.

I'll see what happens again tonight.

Thanks !

That all makes sense to me. You had a handskake problem. It's now gone. Just make sure there isn't any tension in the cables near the connectors. Check to see if those 2 cables are high speed, hi-def or something like that. More than likely, it seems that the new cable you introduced isn't fitting very tightly into the socket or there is some tension on the connector.
detroit1's Avatar detroit1 12:22 PM 11-14-2014
I wanted to ask if anyone else has had problems playing stand alone VOB files from DVD, these are 480 files that may have DD 5.1 or DTS audio

the Oppo will start playing and then freeze after 2,3 seconds and then there is no audio and a still frame of the video

this was not happening before as I have played these files in the past on the Oppo

please let me know if you try any VOB files
detroit1's Avatar detroit1 12:23 PM 11-14-2014
I wanted to ask if anyone else has had problems playing stand alone VOB files from DVD, these are 480 files that may have DD 5.1 or DTS audio

the Oppo will start playing and then freeze after 2,3 seconds and then there is no audio and a still frame of the video

this was not happening before as I have played these files in the past on the Oppo

please let me know if you try any VOB files
Smarty-pants's Avatar Smarty-pants 01:37 PM 11-14-2014
From Oppo's Facebook page...

Quote:
Exclusive for OPPO Fans. Enjoy more than 300 concerts with the Berliner Philharmoniker online for free. The current OPPO Blu-ray players come with the Berliner Philharmoniker Digital Concert Hall app built-in. USE COUPON CODE “BPHOPPO7X” TO CLAIM YOUR FREE 7 DAY TRIAL!

Tgterm's Avatar Tgterm 07:50 PM 11-14-2014
Quote:
That all makes sense to me. You had a handskake problem. It's now gone. Just make sure there isn't any tension in the cables near the connectors. Check to see if those 2 cables are high speed, hi-def or something like that. More than likely, it seems that the new cable you introduced isn't fitting very tightly into the socket or there is some tension on the connector.

Trying to narrow this thing down a bit...and I do have two mono price cables on order.

But, I am pretty sure right now that the video loss only appears to occur when using the Roku stick in the MHL/HDMI port on the front panel. SACDs are no problem, and Netflix on the Oppo was also okay. Bluray was fine.

So the plot thickens. Not sure that new cables will have any influence on this though...

Mongo171's Avatar Mongo171 02:32 AM 11-15-2014
Quote:
Trying to narrow this thing down a bit...and I do have two mono price cables on order.

But, I am pretty sure right now that the video loss only appears to occur when using the Roku stick in the MHL/HDMI port on the front panel. SACDs are no problem, and Netflix on the Oppo was also okay. Bluray was fine.

So the plot thickens. Not sure that new cables will have any influence on this though...

I started with the Monoprice HDMI cables with Redmere Technology. They are thin, fit good and create no stress on the connector.

I'm not familiar with the MHL/HDMI with the Roku stick in it.

But, it sounds like you're narrowing it down.
Tgterm's Avatar Tgterm 05:23 AM 11-15-2014
Anybody else experiencing periodic video loss using a Roku stick with the Oppo's MHL/HDMI port on the front panel? I am currently set up with Dual HDMI Output set to Dual Display. Thanks!

Smarty-pants's Avatar Smarty-pants 08:24 AM 11-15-2014
Quote:
Anybody else experiencing periodic video loss using a Roku stick with the Oppo's MHL/HDMI port on the front panel? I am currently set up with Dual HDMI Output set to Dual Display. Thanks!

If it's only happening with the Roku stick, then it sounds like a wireless issue.
You could try resetting the Roku to factory default and see if that might help too.
Bob Pariseau's Avatar Bob Pariseau 01:32 PM 11-15-2014
OPPO's MediaControl iOS App, v3.0.2, has just pushed out via Apple's iOS App Store.

It includes, "Bug fixes".
--Bob
Tgterm's Avatar Tgterm 01:56 PM 11-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
If it's only happening with the Roku stick, then it sounds like a wireless issue.

You could try resetting the Roku to factory default and see if that might help too.

Thanks for the reply.

Wireless is solid -- again, this all started with the Roku stick I purchased from oppodigital when I went to the dual HDMI setup. Before that, all was well with this Roku stick.

So, I restored the Roku to factory settings twice today...no help. Even had Roku support on the phone troubleshooting. No help. They, of course, said..."call oppo".

If this is an HDMI handshake issue, it sure is a strange one. Only hates the Roku.

So, I sent oppo support an email -- maybe they have dealt with this before. And I have the monoprice cables coming Tuesday.

Tom

vmantas's Avatar vmantas 03:34 PM 11-15-2014
Hello to all,

is there any kind of reset for the remote? I experience some problems with the light button. Now when i press once the button the light comes up and goes off immediately. I have to press it again to get the light on but when this happens the moment i press any other button it switches off. In previous attempts I managed to make it doing the alternative mode lighting procedure but now it doesn't do that. No matter for how long I keep the button pressed it doesn't show any signs of doing something.
Smarty-pants's Avatar Smarty-pants 03:45 PM 11-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmantas View Post
Hello to all,

is there any kind of reset for the remote? I experience some problems with the light button. Now when i press once the button the light comes up and goes off immediately. I have to press it again to get the light on but when this happens the moment i press any other button it switches off. In previous attempts I managed to make it doing the alternative mode lighting procedure but now it doesn't do that. No matter for how long I keep the button pressed it doesn't show any signs of doing something.
Did you try new batteries?
vmantas's Avatar vmantas 04:03 PM 11-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
Did you try new batteries?
Well not really, in my part of the world is 01:00 a.m. now so I will try this one tomorrow or when I can get a couple of batteries, thanks for the hint!
Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 08:45 AM 11-16-2014
I'm considering getting the 103, and if I do so would want to get one of the BD/DVD region free mod kits.

I'd like a mod kit that's;

1. Easy to install and uninstall if needed (plug in...no soldering!).
2. Easy to use.
3. Reliable
4. Good customer support/ good warranty.
5. Not affected by firmware updates.

The two kits I'm considering are the ones from JVB Digital and Bluraychip.dk.

http://www.jvbdigital.nl/jvb.asp?cur=2&level=modifications&page=title&title =1234

http://www.bluraychip.dk/product.php?id_product=26

I'd greatly appreciate feedback from owners who have tried these mods. Which one you think is better? Which one best fits the above criteria? Someone mentioned to me they heard Bluraychip can be hard to get in touch with if support is needed. Is this true?

Thanks.

Update: Today I sent an email to both companies to see how quickly they respond. JVB responded in about 20 minutes! We'll see how the other responds.
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 10:17 AM 11-16-2014
^^^ Saturn94 -- I enthusiastically recommend the JVB Digital all regions chip. I got my 103 over a year ago and installed a JVB Digital chip shortly thereafter. It has not given me a minute's trouble and has continued to perform flawlessly through every firmware update to the 103
Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 10:22 AM 11-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
^^^ Saturn94 -- I enthusiastically recommend the JVB Digital all regions chip. I got my 103 over a year ago and installed a JVB Digital chip shortly thereafter. It has not given me a minute's trouble and has continued to perform flawlessly through every firmware update to the 103
Thanks for sharing your experience.

JVB was very responsive to my email requesting info.
JazzGuyy's Avatar JazzGuyy 11:07 AM 11-16-2014
The Bluraychip.dk mod works fine (at least the standard one does -- I have heard of problems with the more expensive one but have no first-hand knowledge). Installation is fairly easy provided you don't mind opening up the unit and temporarily moving a circuit board. Takes about 5-10 minutes. Uninstalling would involve reversing the process. It has never been troubled with Oppo firmware updates. The only downside is that it can be difficult to get any responses to questions from the maker. Emails may take days to get a response and sometimes go unanswered until you remail them several times.
Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 11:14 AM 11-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post
The Bluraychip.dk mod works fine (at least the standard one does -- I have heard of problems with the more expensive one but have no first-hand knowledge). Installation is fairly easy provided you don't mind opening up the unit and temporarily moving a circuit board. Takes about 5-10 minutes. Uninstalling would involve reversing the process. It has never been troubled with Oppo firmware updates. The only downside is that it can be difficult to get any responses to questions from the maker. Emails may take days to get a response and sometimes go unanswered until you remail them several times.
I appreciate your response.

JVB sent me a copy of the installation/operating instructions. Installation and operation appear to be the same for both standard units (I'm not interested in the Pro version). For the 103, installation looks very easy; remove the lid, plug it in, close it up. I do see on the 105 the audio board has to be removed to gain access to the socket.
ferdy7777 11:31 AM 11-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
OPPO's MediaControl iOS App, v3.0.2, has just pushed out via Apple's iOS App Store.

It includes, "Bug fixes".
--Bob

Hi Bob , with the new bug fixes on the Media control iOS App 3.02,there is a great problem.i use Ipad mini 2, when i select my sourse "server"(win7 pc)the app crashes.Two of my friends got the same problem .Did you try?
fmalczewski's Avatar fmalczewski 11:35 AM 11-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience.

JVB was very responsive to my email requesting info.
A cheaper (in price) alternative is via imegstore.com (even cheaper direct from them than via ebay). It can be very easily installed on the back of the player (and just as easily removed), or you can install it internally instead. It behaves same way as the bluraychip.dk one does for switching regions.

(I only have it for my 103 as a backup in case for some reason my 93 has any problems with its similar mod, but haven't had to use it yet besides when originally checking it out after install.)
Tags: Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc
First ... 629  630  631 632  633  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop