Forum Jump: 
 222Likes

post #18991 of 19016 Old 11-19-2014, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 380
For some reason when the 103 went through the wireless setup using the WPS button, it changed my network name SSID, region, and passphrase. I logged into the router and changed these settings back to what I thought they are suppose to be. Bingo! Now my other wireless devices are working again (I still need to check my printer though)! I went back into the 103 and this time chose "Scan" to set up the wireless connection. My network appeared, signal strength 100%, I chose it, manually entered my network password (yes, it's a long complicated one that was a pain to manually enter) and the 103 successfully connected. I did a quick test streaming a YouTube video and it seem to work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
It's an option in the player because it's an option in routers. The reason WPS was created is to make it easy for people to set up a secure network. The most reliable method is probably WPA2 but it requires people to use a good password and most don't bother.

The reason WPS is not great is that it has been cracked and is vulnerable to a brute force attack that will find (eventually) someone getting your PIN number by only guessing four digits, not the full 11.

WPA2 has been partially cracked, not completely and I'm sure is also vulnerable but would take much longer to decipher, since you're talking a lot more digits to figure out.

The place to select the protocol is not in the player, but at your router. That forces anyone who wants to attach to use that type of security. So switch your security to WPA2, select a good complex string for a key and you're in better shape.

As Viper mentions, there is another way to lock things down, by identifying the MAC addresses of the devices that you know will connect to your system. That means that when you have guests, you'll have to manually add their computer's MAC addresses to the allowed list. It works and will keep most bad actors at bay.

It's like regular security systems though - you want to make it as difficult as possible for the regular bad folks, the pros will get through, but there's not many of those.

Thanks for the info. Now that I have my network working again, I wanted to ask about the WPS settings in my router. Under the WPS settings there is a PIN listed. Below that are two boxcs that can be checked. One says, "Disable Router's PIN. The other says, "Keep Existing Wireless Settings".

The "Keep Existing Wireless Settings" is checked. Should I also check the box that says "Disable Router's PIN" (right now it's not checked)? If I do check that, will I need to resetup my wireless printer that was set up using the WPS button on the router?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper359 View Post
Saturn94: Since your network seems borked, I think you should consider a factory reset, and once everything is online so you can access the www. I would really consider looking at locking down your network. Most product websites for your model will have at least a basic guide. Wireless having limited quality bandwidth to begin with, ( I can count of one hand the amount of systems I know that see max throughput) a nice secure network will allow you to properly prioritize traffic, and many other functions that are good for wireless network performance and general overall network stability.

I am anal, my avr connections and cables are all listed for what they are, my internet connected devices are all assigned a never changing (static) IP address, etc. When I have something fail, it makes life so much easier to fix. I am no network engineer, but with google's help, and other message boards, I built my own router, installed software called pfsense, and now control so much. If I could do this, you can do it!

It will be a pain, but, I think it will be worth the effort.

I hate wireless though, and bend over backwards to run cable. I will tack it to floor boards, run along ceiling walls, whatever it takes lol.

Our wireless network in our house has been very stable, so I'm not inclined to do what it would take to run an Ethernet cable from one end of the house to the other (features like being on a slab and cathedral ceilings make it real tough wthout tearing up drywall).

I sounds like using static IP addresses would also enhance security? If so, I may look into that once I make sure everything is back to normal first (and I can start enjoying my 103!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
Oh yeah, I was going to suggest to OP that he should shut down everything on his network, unplug if have to, and then see how it works once everything is turned back on again. Been there, done that, and it's worked for a while to clear things up, but see my previous post.

That's one of the first things I tried......didn't work, but you can see why at the beginning of my post.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18992 of 19016 Old 11-19-2014, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

And now for an easier question (I hope).

After hooking up the player I went into the settings and changed some things to suit my system. While in there I noticed there was an option to save your setting to a connected USB drive, so I did that (used an empty thumb drive I had on hand). After setup, I successfully updated the firmware to the latest release.

I noticed in the firmware update instructions here it says to reset the player (factory reset?) after updating the firmware then re-enter your settings. Can I use the backup I saved on the thumb drive to restore my settings after an update/reset or do I have to manually go in a reset my settings?

Thanks.

post #18993 of 19016 Old 11-19-2014, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post
And now for an easier question (I hope).

After hooking up the player I went into the settings and changed some things to suit my system. While in there I noticed there was an option to save your setting to a connected USB drive, so I did that (used an empty thumb drive I had on hand). After setup, I successfully updated the firmware to the latest release.

I noticed in the firmware update instructions here it says to reset the player (factory reset?) after updating the firmware then re-enter your settings. Can I use the backup I saved on the thumb drive to restore my settings after an update/reset or do I have to manually go in a reset my settings?

Thanks.
I use a small 2GB thumb drive to keep my OPPO .cfg file and for any Beta FW versions I want to manually install. The latest time your save the OPPO's configuration will be on the thumb drive. Just make sure to update it when you do a Factory Reset.

Life without bass is not worth living.
post #18994 of 19016 Old 11-19-2014, 03:57 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post
Can I use the backup I saved on the thumb drive to restore my settings after an update/reset or do I have to manually go in a reset my settings?

Thanks.
Yes, that's the primary use of the backup.

-Bill
post #18995 of 19016 Old 11-19-2014, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks.
post #18996 of 19016 Old 11-19-2014, 11:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
It's not the addresses themselves that are the issue, or DHCP although your configuration gives you a good extra level of security. It's the wireless itself.

If you have wireless on, the conversation that happens long before your address is negotiated is the problem, since whatever security is on will try to make a connection. Once that connection is made and accepted, the DHCP conversation happens.

If you have WPS on, that is more apt to be broken into than WPA2. So to take the steps you and Viper have taken is good, but set the security to the least vulnerable.
Wireless is more or less a rather new addition to my mostly wired ethernet. Got an iPod a few months ago and added an AirPort Express for it. Went with WPA2 when I set that all up. But those two new devices really did seem to be the catalyst(s) for quite a bit of extra chaos until I first switched everything possible to manual IP addresses, which cleared most issues up, and then like I mentioned subsequently (just recently) switched everything over to static DHCP addresses (aside from routers and bridge), which seems to have made it all better now.

But I see the point you were trying to make. Haven't really explored the AirPort Express as much, but now that the wired part is pretty well nailed down, will probably be playing with it a bit in the near future to see what's what of the things that hadn't quite gelled yet last time I looked (when I made sure it was not also set up to be serving DHCP).
post #18997 of 19016 Old 11-20-2014, 02:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by es347 View Post
thanks Smarty...I am planning on buying a 103 for my nephew primarily to play tons of FLAC files from an external hard drive...thanks again!
Sufficed to say, the Oppo 1xx range of players are not limited to playing just 2 channel Flac audio files. Multi-channel Flac audio files can also be played

And if the Flac files contain meta-data, including a cover image. The Oppo's will display this too...

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #18998 of 19016 Old 11-20-2014, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do I really need HDMI 1.4?

Hello, I am a new owner of a BDP-103. My question is, I have myOPPO HDMI 1 out going to my Pioneer VSX-23TXH receiver. I havean HDMI 1.3 cable run from the receiver to my Samsung TV. My receiver onlysupports HDMI 1.3a. I do not have a 3D TV, and it is not 4K. I have read thatit is recommended to use a HDMI 1.4 cable from the OPPO to the TV. Will it makea significant difference if I run an HDMI 1.4 cable from the OPPO HDMI 1 to theTV and the HDMI 2 out from the OPPO to my receiver? Or is the HDMI 1.4 just an advantage if I had a 3D TV. To do thisis quite a job since my wires are run through the wall. It requires cutting outand replacing a horizontal strip of drywall over the fireplace. Thank youin advance for your comments.
post #18999 of 19016 Old 11-20-2014, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 151
There is no such thing as an HDMI 1.4 Cable. Cables are now either classified as standard or high speed. Then cable features are added, Ethernet, etc. previously certified 1.3 cables are high speed. You will not see a difference.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #19000 of 19016 Old 11-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper359 View Post
Here is what I mean. When I hit the 3D button, bottom right corner changes from AVC Movie to MVC Movie. Is this what happens when 2D to 3D conversion is happening? It doesn't make sense that it would, since if its a conversion, its not really a MVC movie.
I contacted Oppo directly back in April of this year, and got this response:
Quote:
The player does not support 3D MKV. This is something that we are trying to get supported in our player, but so far our decoder manufacturer has not been too interested in supporting this format.
If they've added that support since then, they haven't told anyone. But you're right, MVC is not the same thing as 2D to 3D conversion, because the image is not re-compressed into MVC. You might e-mail them and ask.
post #19001 of 19016 Old 11-20-2014, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Wireless is more or less a rather new addition to my mostly wired ethernet. Got an iPod a few months ago and added an AirPort Express for it. Went with WPA2 when I set that all up. But those two new devices really did seem to be the catalyst(s) for quite a bit of extra chaos until I first switched everything possible to manual IP addresses, which cleared most issues up, and then like I mentioned subsequently (just recently) switched everything over to static DHCP addresses (aside from routers and bridge), which seems to have made it all better now.

But I see the point you were trying to make. Haven't really explored the AirPort Express as much, but now that the wired part is pretty well nailed down, will probably be playing with it a bit in the near future to see what's what of the things that hadn't quite gelled yet last time I looked (when I made sure it was not also set up to be serving DHCP).
I have my systems mostly wired as well, although my main machine is wireless. You did right by setting static IP addresses, whether manual or served by DHCP; it seems most devices, especially streaming or multi media are much happier with a static address. It doesn't affect security, but it does (IMO) make the system more stable. Wireless is so convenient though, which is why choosing a good encrypter is a good step.

DHCP also works with wired, it is the most common way to get / use IP addresses. As for security, WPA2 with the most amount of encryption keeps me happy at night. Along with a good firewall and tuning like limiting access to MAC addresses can lock away most nefarious characters.
post #19002 of 19016 Old 11-21-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 32
One other option when using the DHCP without having to set a static is to change the lease time on the IP address. It is defaulted to one day (1440 minutes) on routers but you can change it to a much higher number in effect for multiple weeks.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #19003 of 19016 Old 11-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
One other option when using the DHCP without having to set a static is to change the lease time on the IP address. It is defaulted to one day (1440 minutes) on routers but you can change it to a much higher number in effect for multiple weeks.
Thought about doing that, as I noticed that the attached devices are still renewing their leases every 1440 minutes and possibly going offline each time they renew it (I don't actually know if any of them actually go offline or not or if they are all well-behaved and renewal all happens transparently). At least their IP addresses are staying put.

Think I just need to be certain with the PC as her going offline briefly while working from home the other day was not good, so if it just happened to be DHCP related would want to eliminate that possibility altogether. A week or two lease should pretty well cover it though, since that PC isn't on for more than a day or two at a time.

Last edited by fmalczewski; 11-21-2014 at 11:37 AM.
post #19004 of 19016 Old 11-21-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have my iTunes music library shared so I can play any songs oon my iphone. I was wondering if I cam then stream from the iphone to my Oppo 103?
I tried using the Media Control App but it seems like it can only access some song files that are directly stored on the phone. I was thinking like on the youTube App. you can tell it to stream directly to the Oppo, TiVo, etc.

I know this is somewhat indirect vs streaming directly from the PC to the Oppo, but I think if I can get this to work then the interface on the iphone is a little nicer, seeing album artwork, playlists etc.
But if there is a better way t o get an iitunes interface directly to the Oppo, I'll listen.

thanks

Phil Tomaskovic
post #19005 of 19016 Old 11-21-2014, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I updated the firmware a couple of days ago to BDP10X-77-0827 and am having a new weird problem with DVDs now. The player vibrates terribly and it is LOUD - makes watching DVDs unbearable.

Blu-rays and CDs are fine. I was watching the same DVD the day before the firmware change and it was fine (old season of NCIS). Pretty odd...

Any ideas? Is it just me?

Thanks.

I love this site!
post #19006 of 19016 Old 11-21-2014, 05:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Tomaskovic View Post
I have my iTunes music library shared so I can play any songs oon my iphone. I was wondering if I cam then stream from the iphone to my Oppo 103?
I tried using the Media Control App but it seems like it can only access some song files that are directly stored on the phone. I was thinking like on the youTube App. you can tell it to stream directly to the Oppo, TiVo, etc.

I know this is somewhat indirect vs streaming directly from the PC to the Oppo, but I think if I can get this to work then the interface on the iphone is a little nicer, seeing album artwork, playlists etc.
But if there is a better way t o get an iitunes interface directly to the Oppo, I'll listen.

thanks
You can get an adapter that will connect to your iPhone and the other end will have an HDMI output that
should be able to plug into the HDMI input of the Oppo 10x players.
A couple people I know have tried this with success and I have an adapter that goes between my iPad and
Oppo player it also works pretty good. I haven't thoroughly tested every aspect of it, but the limited testing I did do worked.
If you try this route, just be careful what you buy. Cheaper knock-off adapters will usually not work as well
or at all compared to official Apple adapters/devices.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #19007 of 19016 Old 11-21-2014, 05:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd4959 View Post
I updated the firmware a couple of days ago to BDP10X-77-0827 and am having a new weird problem with DVDs now. The player vibrates terribly and it is LOUD - makes watching DVDs unbearable.

Blu-rays and CDs are fine. I was watching the same DVD the day before the firmware change and it was fine (old season of NCIS). Pretty odd...

Any ideas? Is it just me?

Thanks.
More than likely it is not the firmware, but probably just a coincidence that the problem is occurring around the same time.
There could be several reasons for this problem, and assuming that the video and audio are still playing normally,
there is probably an issue with the drive having something like a stuck rental sticker, or an issue with the disc itself
that may have stickers on it causing an unbalanced spin, ot possibly the center hole of the disc could be slightly
off center. If BDs and CDs are fine, and the a/v is normal outside of the player having a vibrating sound,
it's almost certainly the disc itself. Have you tried other DVDs? (preferably from a different set of movie entirely).
Do they also have a vibrating issue? It's also possibly that not having the issue when playing the disc previously
could have just been sheer luck, and the problem with the disc just didn't occur at that time.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
post #19008 of 19016 Old 11-21-2014, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I replaced my Harmony 890 universal remote with a 900. Now the image on my screen is shrunken and I can't find where the signal is being downsized. With no signal to the projector, its image fills the screen. So it doesn't appear to be the culprit. But a DVD or Netflix image is roughly 7/9 as wide. Turning off the OPPO pushes the AV receiver (Yamaha 773) to output its default screen, which is also shrunk 7/9ths. The OPPO zooms within that shrunken boundary. It is set to output 1080p, the projector's resolution. I haven't found any controls on the receiver that would alter the image; it's set for image pass-thru. So what could suddenly be altering the image? Could a faulty HDMI handshake cause a negotiated resolution reduction? I'd think the projector (Panasonic 8000) would expand a, say, 720p signal to fill the screen.

So, any ideas on what I could try to resolve this?
post #19009 of 19016 Old 11-21-2014, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Never mind. I found it, in the one component I thought wasn't the problem. The projector had gotten set to S16:9 instead of 16:9.

While I was getting the new remote to work, I initially had the wrong Mini System selected for the OPPO. So the remote was blasting out random commands. For example, the down arrow for OPPO menu navigation was changing the projector's input to HDMI 3.

Last edited by kendo70433; 11-21-2014 at 06:24 PM. Reason: text to clarify
post #19010 of 19016 Old 11-21-2014, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
You can get an adapter that will connect to your iPhone and the other end will have an HDMI output that
should be able to plug into the HDMI input of the Oppo 10x players.
A couple people I know have tried this with success and I have an adapter that goes between my iPad and
Oppo player it also works pretty good. I haven't thoroughly tested every aspect of it, but the limited testing I did do worked.
If you try this route, just be careful what you buy. Cheaper knock-off adapters will usually not work as well
or at all compared to official Apple adapters/devices.
Thanks are you talking a wireless adapter?

Phil Tomaskovic
post #19011 of 19016 Old 11-21-2014, 07:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Tomaskovic View Post
Thanks are you talking a wireless adapter?
No, wired. There are wireless bridges out there too, but I have no idea what might or might not work.
Other options include things like the Apple Airport Express which IS wireless.
I have no experience with that product though.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
post #19012 of 19016 Old 11-21-2014, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
No, wired. There are wireless bridges out there too, but I have no idea what might or might not work.
Other options include things like the Apple Airport Express which IS wireless.
I have no experience with that product though.
OK, thanks

Phil Tomaskovic
post #19013 of 19016 Old 11-22-2014, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Need your opinion....

I have owned the Sony 6200 Blu Ray 4K Upscaling model and returned it due to freezing issues that I and many have reported...exchnged for the Sony 7200 Blu Ray 4K Upscaling model (and all has been well with this unit)..now thinking of exchanging that model for an Oppo . Am I crazy? I need your opinions.
My home theatre consists of :
Sony 65 inch XBR 4K 850A display...Sony's new 4K media player the FMPX10 so I can get actual 4K content(movies in 4K/Netflix in 4K,etc)...Lexicon MC12 processor/pre-amp....Sunfire Signature 500 watt 5 channel amp...Aerial Acoustics speakers (Front L/R...Center...Surrounds L/R)..Velodyne Sub...all cables are : Monster/Audio Quest/MIT).
Any significant difference I will notice with an Oppo either the 103 or 103D models that I will notice to spend the extra bucks?
I realize this is an Oppo thread so many may be partial to Oppo and I don't know if I will get an honest,non-biased opinion but I thought I would try.

Last edited by aflorida; 11-22-2014 at 01:24 PM.
post #19014 of 19016 Old 11-22-2014, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
More than likely it is not the firmware, but probably just a coincidence that the problem is occurring around the same time.
There could be several reasons for this problem, and assuming that the video and audio are still playing normally,
there is probably an issue with the drive having something like a stuck rental sticker, or an issue with the disc itself
that may have stickers on it causing an unbalanced spin, ot possibly the center hole of the disc could be slightly
off center. If BDs and CDs are fine, and the a/v is normal outside of the player having a vibrating sound,
it's almost certainly the disc itself. Have you tried other DVDs? (preferably from a different set of movie entirely).
Do they also have a vibrating issue? It's also possibly that not having the issue when playing the disc previously
could have just been sheer luck, and the problem with the disc just didn't occur at that time.
Thanks for your input. I thought it would be weird for the firmware to cause anything like this but you never know. The DVD plays fine in another player, but the Oppo doesn't like two different discs from this season (critical commentary ? ). I'll keep trying to find a solution.

I love this site!
post #19015 of 19016 Old 11-22-2014, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Thought about doing that, as I noticed that the attached devices are still renewing their leases every 1440 minutes and possibly going offline each time they renew it (I don't actually know if any of them actually go offline or not or if they are all well-behaved and renewal all happens transparently). At least their IP addresses are staying put.

Think I just need to be certain with the PC as her going offline briefly while working from home the other day was not good, so if it just happened to be DHCP related would want to eliminate that possibility altogether. A week or two lease should pretty well cover it though, since that PC isn't on for more than a day or two at a time.
They don't go off line when the lease is renewed. A lease is just a time for the DHCP server to check whether you're still alive. If you are, the lease is renewed and you keep the IP address. If the server decides you're not around anymore, it puts the address back in the pool to be reused when someone asks for an address.

If you renew the lease that happens in the background, is just paper pushing, has no impact on your IP address, etc.

If you shut down your computer, go away for a few weeks, etc. The lease time is exceeded and the IP address goes back into the address pool. The next time you connect, the DHCP server looks for an address for you. Earlier DHCP servers were pretty dumb about it and would give you whatever is available. Current DHCP servers will try to give you back the address you had before if it's still available.

Home networks have such a low number of clients, that it's almost (but not completely) guaranteed to get your old address back. So the lease / renew process is mostly transparent to the user. If you really want to be guaranteed an IP address, simply reserve one that you want within the router's address range and every time the router sees you, it will give you that address. Simple.

So no worries (usually) about the lease time. It is usually a good practice for a DHCP server to touch base every now and then to make sure all of its clients are really alive. If you have guests come over and they all hook onto your network with their iPhones, you may not want to have their leases hanging around for two weeks.
post #19016 of 19016 Old 11-22-2014, 10:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
They don't go off line when the lease is renewed. A lease is just a time for the DHCP server to check whether you're still alive. If you are, the lease is renewed and you keep the IP address. If the server decides you're not around anymore, it puts the address back in the pool to be reused when someone asks for an address.

If you renew the lease that happens in the background, is just paper pushing, has no impact on your IP address, etc.

If you shut down your computer, go away for a few weeks, etc. The lease time is exceeded and the IP address goes back into the address pool. The next time you connect, the DHCP server looks for an address for you. Earlier DHCP servers were pretty dumb about it and would give you whatever is available. Current DHCP servers will try to give you back the address you had before if it's still available.

Home networks have such a low number of clients, that it's almost (but not completely) guaranteed to get your old address back. So the lease / renew process is mostly transparent to the user. If you really want to be guaranteed an IP address, simply reserve one that you want within the router's address range and every time the router sees you, it will give you that address. Simple.

So no worries (usually) about the lease time. It is usually a good practice for a DHCP server to touch base every now and then to make sure all of its clients are really alive. If you have guests come over and they all hook onto your network with their iPhones, you may not want to have their leases hanging around for two weeks.
Ok, thought probably that was the case. Already have everything static DHCP in the router, so everything is fixed in place at this point. No more flakiness that I can tell. (Will cross the guests bridge when get to that.)

As for the low number of home network clients, let's just say that even just the handful of them several years back was more than enough for DHCP to get things all mixed up and it was not unusual for two devices to end up with the same IP address after a time. Think part of that was when clients went into sleep mode they still thought they had a certain address, but some other device grabbed it out from under them when the HDCP lease expired, so when the sleeping one awoke there were two clients using same address. Manual IP addresses mostly helped keep that from happening, but when there were two or more non-manual, non-static DHCP addresses all bets were off. (And Roku can't't be set for Manual IP, so there was going to always be at least one potentially misbehaving client to deal with. With static DHCP, though, even that one is now taken care of.)
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc