Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 645 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 268Likes

post #19321 of 19330 Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For those who ask about the features on the Oppo I compared watching the Berliner Philharmoniker Digital Concert Hall with a Sony BDP-BX320. The upscaling done by the Oppo is superb. On the Sony you can easily see mosaics as part of the picture, nothing of that is with the Oppo. The upscaling when streaming with Oppo is phenomenal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19322 of 19330 Old Today, 04:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does my laptop's sound card affect the quality of the audio if I play an audio file through my laptop connected via HDMI using the native media player of Windows??

Or Playing the contents through Discs or USB's or Network would provide a better quality???
post #19323 of 19330 Old Today, 05:29 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by syednizamudeen View Post
Does my laptop's sound card affect the quality of the audio if I play an audio file through my laptop connected via HDMI using the native media player of Windows??

Or Playing the contents through Discs or USB's or Network would provide a better quality???
The sound card in the laptop is not involved in any way if you're using the HDMI output. There are a few limitations on the HDMI inputs, such as no support for accepting DSD or the Dolby or DTS HD audio formats, but other than that I wouldn't expect to notice any difference versus connecting a drive to the USB input or playing files over your home network.
syednizamudeen likes this.
post #19324 of 19330 Old Today, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryElbow View Post
Of course, there IS a downside to buying the unit around Xmas. My wife wants me to put it under the tree and not open it until Xmas day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seggers View Post
Sounds like reasons for a divorce....
It may sound like that but since she's the one that convinced me to pull the trigger on treating myself to it for Xmas, I can't really hold it against her.

It's supposed to show up tonight, exactly one week before Xmas. It's going to be a LONG day at work today and a LONG week until Xmas!
post #19325 of 19330 Old Today, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Can someone let me know if the following is possible with the 103? First of all, I would like to use the Oppo's subwoofer pre-out to connect to my Buttkicker's amp, while still sending the full audio via HDMI to the AVR. I believe some people already do this and it shouldn't be an issue. In addition to this, it would be nice if I could connect my HD-DVD to the Oppo's HDMI input, so it can handle de-interlacing/upscaling (I have an older HD-DVD player that is limited to 1080i/720p output). Obviously, I would like the Buttkicker to be engaged as well in this configuration.

Last edited by tezster; Today at 06:24 AM. Reason: correction
post #19326 of 19330 Old Today, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 35
This wi-fi adapter is junk. It won't load and won't connect, despite saying it's receiving the signal. My PS3 and S3200 sitting inches away pick up and load everything fine. Any tips? Should I contact Oppo? It worked fine yesterday.
post #19327 of 19330 Old Today, 07:30 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
Can someone let me know if the following is possible with the 103? First of all, I would like to use the Oppo's subwoofer pre-out to connect to my Buttkicker's amp, while still sending the full audio via HDMI to the AVR. I believe some people already do this and it shouldn't be an issue. In addition to this, it would be nice if I could connect my HD-DVD to the Oppo's HDMI input, so it can handle de-interlacing/upscaling (I have an older HD-DVD player that is limited to 1080i/720p output). Obviously, I would like the Buttkicker to be engaged as well in this configuration.
Yes, both of those will work. In the second case, be sure to set the HD-DVD player to decode high bit-rate audio tracks to LPCM for output to the OPPO.
--Bob
post #19328 of 19330 Old Today, 07:37 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh View Post
This wi-fi adapter is junk. It won't load and won't connect, despite saying it's receiving the signal. My PS3 and S3200 sitting inches away pick up and load everything fine. Any tips? Should I contact Oppo? It worked fine yesterday.
Sure, give OPPO a call. If it needs to be replaced (pretty rare) they'll take care of you.

If you'd like help here we'll need some more information.

Does it connect to your Wifi networking? I.E., do you have an IP address showing in Setup > Network Setup > Connection Info?

What signal strength does it show (same menu)?

Does it pass a Connection Test in Setup > Network Setup?

What are you trying to do when it fails to work?

By the way, I use Wifi all the time in Beta Testing. It really does work. So we just need to figure out what's blocking it in your case
--Bob
post #19329 of 19330 Old Today, 07:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Sure, give OPPO a call. If it needs to be replaced (pretty rare) they'll take care of you.

If you'd like help here we'll need some more information.

Does it connect to your Wifi networking? I.E., do you have an IP address showing in Setup > Network Setup > Connection Info?

What signal strength does it show (same menu)?

Does it pass a Connection Test in Setup > Network Setup?

What are you trying to do when it fails to work?

By the way, I use Wifi all the time in Beta Testing. It really does work. So we just need to figure out what's blocking it in your case
--Bob
IP address shows up. Signal strength is 58%. Passes connection test. Vudu refuses to load. Youtube takes five minutes just to get to the menu screen and even then it's not all loaded. I've tried both USB ports. I have a 20mbps connection,

I have two other players that cost far less than this and both connect and stream 1080p effortlessly and are only inches away from the Oppo. Oppo really should have used antenna's the way Denon does in its receivers.

Last edited by QuiGonJosh; Today at 07:50 AM.
post #19330 of 19330 Old Today, 07:54 AM
Advanced Member

Does the player have to connect to an Oppo network first? Is that down right now or something? It worked fine last night with the same signal strength.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page