Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 645 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Blu-ray & HD DVD > Blu-ray Players > Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread

Blu-ray Players

RicMau's Avatar RicMau
10:05 PM Liked: 10
post #19321 of 19325
Yesterday | Posts: 40
For those who ask about the features on the Oppo I compared watching the Berliner Philharmoniker Digital Concert Hall with a Sony BDP-BX320. The upscaling done by the Oppo is superb. On the Sony you can easily see mosaics as part of the picture, nothing of that is with the Oppo. The upscaling when streaming with Oppo is phenomenal.
syednizamudeen
04:21 AM Liked: 0
post #19322 of 19325
Today | Posts: 12
Does my laptop's sound card affect the quality of the audio if I play an audio file through my laptop connected via HDMI using the native media player of Windows??

Or Playing the contents through Discs or USB's or Network would provide a better quality???
gsr's Avatar gsr
05:29 AM Liked: 229
post #19323 of 19325
Today | Posts: 7,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by syednizamudeen View Post
Does my laptop's sound card affect the quality of the audio if I play an audio file through my laptop connected via HDMI using the native media player of Windows??

Or Playing the contents through Discs or USB's or Network would provide a better quality???
The sound card in the laptop is not involved in any way if you're using the HDMI output. There are a few limitations on the HDMI inputs, such as no support for accepting DSD or the Dolby or DTS HD audio formats, but other than that I wouldn't expect to notice any difference versus connecting a drive to the USB input or playing files over your home network.
JerryElbow's Avatar JerryElbow
06:21 AM Liked: 13
post #19324 of 19325
Today | Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryElbow View Post
Of course, there IS a downside to buying the unit around Xmas. My wife wants me to put it under the tree and not open it until Xmas day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seggers View Post
Sounds like reasons for a divorce....
It may sound like that but since she's the one that convinced me to pull the trigger on treating myself to it for Xmas, I can't really hold it against her.

It's supposed to show up tonight, exactly one week before Xmas. It's going to be a LONG day at work today and a LONG week until Xmas!
tezster's Avatar tezster
06:23 AM Liked: 66
post #19325 of 19325
Today | Posts: 635
Can someone let me know if the following is possible with the 103? First of all, I would like to use the Oppo's subwoofer pre-out to connect to my Buttkicker, while still sending the full audio via HDMI to the AVR. I believe some people already do this and it shouldn't be an issue. In addition to this, it would be nice if I could connect my HD-DVD to the Oppo's HDMI input, so it can handle de-interlacing/upscaling (I have an older HD-DVD player that is limited to 1080i/720p output). Obviously, I would like the Buttkicker to be engaged as well in this configuration.
Tags: Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Reply Blu-ray Players

Subscribe to this Thread