Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 655 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-02-2015, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3432 Post(s)
Liked: 1178
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
I swear I'm not.

60hz for DVD, 24HZ for Blu-rays recorded that way.

-Bill
Oh, you're from Australia? /// Your TV, 50Hz?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 04:02 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Oh, you're from Australia? /// Your TV, 50Hz?
Where are you getting these assumptions from? Last time I checked, he lived in the USA. Unless he moved recently...
Old 01-02-2015, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Where are you getting these assumptions from? Last time I checked, he lived in the USA. Unless he moved recently...
I truly first thought that Bill was from the UK. Then he said no; and I thought about USA then, but I mentioned Australia as simple good humor, and you never know if he was or not from Australia. Me, I don't know; I don't look for that, and not all people give their location.
You, you seem to know where Bill is coming from, but me, again, I just don't know. ...So I simply asked in all sincerity.
...Because different parts of the world use different refresh rate on their TVs. ...And that, can effect different settings in your Oppo 103 BD player.

Happy New Year gsr.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
Yes. See the FAQ linked in my signature and the online manual for details.

-Bill
Thank you Bill.

AVR - Denon AVR-X1100W
BD - Sony BDP-S6200
Mains - RBH R5Bi
Center - RBH R5Ci
Sub - Outlaw Audio Ultra X-12
Old 01-02-2015, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiner View Post
I've been experiencing the same problem with Netflix credentials on the 103... after some period of time I'm prompted to enter my creds again.
Oppo support recommended deactivating Netflix, re-installing the firmware using a flash drive, performing a full factory reset, then starting Netflix again. As before, it worked for a week or so, but two days ago I was prompted to sign in again.
Oppo indicated that I'd need to return the player if the problem persisted, but it seems like a very unusual failure mode; I'm skeptical that a factory memory repair will resolve the problem (and of course I'd be without the player for some time...). Has anyone actually had this problem (or a similar/memory issue) resolved by having Oppo perform factory repairs?
I did read another post that stated it might help to perform the 103 Netflix reset procedures AND deactivate all devices at Netflix; I have yet to try that.
I have the Oppo on my wired network, along with multiple wireless devices (Roku boxes, televisions, Wii U) that are also registered with Netflix; the other devices don't exhibit any Netflix login problems.
I don't think a factory reset will solve the problem as I believe it's built into the software of the 103 to forget the credentials after a certain period of time of inactivity. It seems to only happen to those of us that use other devices primarily for Netflix and those forum members that use the Oppo for Netflix all the time aren't experiencing these problems.

lujan
739 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
7 DVD
Old 01-02-2015, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I didn't realize this. Guess I will be swapping connections every time I switch between the Plasma and Projector. This sucks, makes the hdmi 2 kinda worthless unless you are using it for audio in the split a/v mode. I know I want both my screens displaying the better Qdeo processed video.

http://www.audioholics.com/blu-ray-a...po-blu-ray-q-a
Q: How do the two HDMI outputs work in conjunction with the video processor and each other?
A: The BDP-103 and BDP-105 employ a two-step video processing approach that utilizes video processing algorithms implemented on the main dual-core SoC and the latest generation of Marvell’s Qdeo video processor. The HDMI 1 output is driven by the Qdeo video processor while the HDMI 2 output is direct from the main SoC. The main SoC performs video decoding, de-interlacing, scaling and 2D-to-3D conversion, and the Qdeo video processor can perform further enhancements such as noise reduction, contrast and color enhancements.
Performing video processing inside the player can result in superior picture quality. When playing discs or streaming online video, the player has the full knowledge of the source material’s properties, such as resolution, frame rate, encoding, and compression level. This information is then used to configure the video processors to optimally handle the content. A/V receivers and televisions all have some level of video processing capability built-in. However, these devices are made to accommodate a wide variety of input signal and formats ranging from composite video to HDMI. It is unlikely that the processing modes will be fully optimized for the content. Users will be able to get the best possible video quality out of our player's internal video processor by setting the player's HDMI output to the desired output resolution.

Q: Will both HDMI outputs support full resolution simultaneously and are they independently scalable?
A: Yes, both HDMI outputs can support full resolution simultaneously provided that the display devices connected to the two HDMI ports can both support the full resolution. The two outputs can output different resolutions but are not independently scalable. As described in the answer to the previous question, the HDMI 1 output is driven by the Qdeo video processor and the HDMI 2 output is direct from the main SoC. In order to make it simple for customers to properly set up the player, we offer a choice of “Split A/V” or “Dual Display” for configuration the two HDMI outputs. When “Split A/V” is selected, HDMI 1 is the primary video port and HDMI 2 is the primary audio port. HDMI 1 outputs video at the highest possible resolution and mutes audio. HDMI 2 outputs video at a resolution that can sufficiently carry the best audio. This mode is intended for users who connect HDMI 1 to a projector and HDMI 2 to an A/V receiver. When “Dual Display” is selected, HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 take a “best effort” strategy and output an audio/video signal that is commonly compatible with the downstream devices connected to both ports. This mode is intended for simultaneously supporting two screens. When only one of the HDMI ports is in use, the “Split A/V” or “Dual Display” setting is not applicable.

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" fixed Dragonfly Screen ~ Parasound Halo C2 Pre/Pro
Earthquake Sound Cinenova Grande Amplifier ~ Crown X1000 ~ Oppo BDP-103
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Tube DAC ~ Monster Cable Signature Series HTPS7000
Energy Veritas 2.2i (mains) & Veritas 2.0c (center) ~ Energy RC-70 (side surrounds)
CAT Tiburons(rear surr) ~ Sub... custom 15" Diamond Audio Technology ~ Xbox One
Old 01-02-2015, 06:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Its just that where he lives isn't generally thought of as being part of civilization.
gsr and Smarty-pants like this.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Am I the only one having issues playing Expandables 3? The movie goes into pause several times, sometimes it continues at others it stays on pause forever. I saw folks having issues with other older Oppo models but none with the 103.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked: 1087
^ Sounds like you have a bad disc -- what you are describing sounds like disc read errors with the player trying to recover by finding a place to continue.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Old 01-02-2015, 10:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ Sounds like you have a bad disc -- what you are describing sounds like disc read errors with the player trying to recover by finding a place to continue.
--Bob
It could be but unlikely, this is a new disc I bought.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Its just that where he lives isn't generally thought of as being part of civilization.
Is that good humor? ...Or some' else with insinuation. ...Hopefully the former. ...Yeah, that's the better side of life.
Canada is a beautiful country, with beautiful and smart people.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiohm View Post
Am I the only one having issues playing Expandables 3? The movie goes into pause several times, sometimes it continues at others it stays on pause forever. I saw folks having issues with other older Oppo models but none with the 103.
This Blu-ray flick is just a big pain in the but, for many people, and with various BD players.

Methinks that Lions Gate studios' encoding screwed up that one somehow.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
It's probably similar to Dolby TrueHD discs that don't get along with most players unless they are set to output LPCM rather than streaming. Had no problem watching the extended version that way, but that's how I listen to all my lossless hd audio discs.

And what a train wreck, now it turns out not only do certain TrueHD discs behave this way, but also there's (some?) Atmos discs that also won't work with many/most players. Seems to be related to either seamless branching and/or perhaps some sort of misguided attempt at copy protection. Not a good thing, at all.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:07 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Region Free Modifications for BDP-103

I was looking for a region free modification. Here is my experience searching for a product and my conclusion.

I started with the FAQ in the first post in this thread, looked for Region Free Modification, and narrowed down the list to Imegstore, JVBdigital and Bluraychip.dk.
Note: I will discuss also pricing. I checked in the forumrules if this is Ok, but did not find anything to the contrary. If not allowed, can an admin contact me, and I will edit my post.

The Imegstore shows a product that can be mounted externally or internally (by cutting off a USB connector). However, the manual describes that a 2012 BDP-103 firmware has to be used. Maybe the manual is outdated, but I did not want to run a risk. So Imegstore was no go for me.

JVBdigital shows a product which is similar to that of Imegstore. On the website, it is described as "external", but I got instructions from JVBdigital, which show an internal mounting similar to the one from Imegstore (cutting off USB). But there was no mention of a firmware restriction.
Another user of this forum however showed me that JVBdigital also has a unit which can only be mounted internally. That looked interesting to me. Funny thing was, that the other user saw this product, and also the previously mentioned external unit, on the JVB website, and I could not see the internal unit on the same website. We both could see the external unit, but at a much different price. The external unit I saw was more than double price of Imegstore. It seems to me that JVBdigital detects in which country your IP address is, and then offers products and prices accordingly. My understanding is that this is not allowed by antitrust law.
Further, the shipping estimate from Holland to Switzerland (where I live) was indicated as 80$. So, JVBdigital was no go for me, because of trickydicky policies and excessive pricing to me. (JVB had also referred me to a dealer in Switzerland who made a good offer. However, I had ordered already from Bluraychip. Nevertheless, I did not like the greyishness of the business).

Then the last one, Bluraychip.dk. I looked at the internal unit, which is similar to the internal unit from JVBdigital, with similar instructions. Bluraychip.dk has inconsistencies on the website regarding the inclusion of sales tax. There were reports on this forum saying Bluraychip was not responding to emails. I sent an email to ask some questions and that was answered within one hour. A second email was not answered. In the end, I ordered with Bluraychip, because pricing including shipment was OK. I will get it next week. If I see something interesting with the installation/operation, I will report.

Last edited by turboman123; 01-03-2015 at 03:24 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Both HDMI outputs from my 103 are connected to my AVR, and the 103 is set to Dual Display. So if I am watching a video on HDMI 1 (in other words, I am not looking at the output from HDMI 2 because I actually have only one monitor), am I still getting the best possible video from HDMI 1?

http://www.audioholics.com/blu-ray-a...po-blu-ray-q-a
Q: How do the two HDMI outputs work in conjunction with the video processor and each other?
A: The BDP-103 and BDP-105 employ a two-step video processing approach that utilizes video processing algorithms implemented on the main dual-core SoC and the latest generation of Marvell’s Qdeo video processor. The HDMI 1 output is driven by the Qdeo video processor while the HDMI 2 output is direct from the main SoC. The main SoC performs video decoding, de-interlacing, scaling and 2D-to-3D conversion, and the Qdeo video processor can perform further enhancements such as noise reduction, contrast and color enhancements.
Performing video processing inside the player can result in superior picture quality. When playing discs or streaming online video, the player has the full knowledge of the source material’s properties, such as resolution, frame rate, encoding, and compression level. This information is then used to configure the video processors to optimally handle the content. A/V receivers and televisions all have some level of video processing capability built-in. However, these devices are made to accommodate a wide variety of input signal and formats ranging from composite video to HDMI. It is unlikely that the processing modes will be fully optimized for the content. Users will be able to get the best possible video quality out of our player's internal video processor by setting the player's HDMI output to the desired output resolution.

Q: Will both HDMI outputs support full resolution simultaneously and are they independently scalable?
A: Yes, both HDMI outputs can support full resolution simultaneously provided that the display devices connected to the two HDMI ports can both support the full resolution. The two outputs can output different resolutions but are not independently scalable. As described in the answer to the previous question, the HDMI 1 output is driven by the Qdeo video processor and the HDMI 2 output is direct from the main SoC. In order to make it simple for customers to properly set up the player, we offer a choice of “Split A/V” or “Dual Display” for configuration the two HDMI outputs. When “Split A/V” is selected, HDMI 1 is the primary video port and HDMI 2 is the primary audio port. HDMI 1 outputs video at the highest possible resolution and mutes audio. HDMI 2 outputs video at a resolution that can sufficiently carry the best audio. This mode is intended for users who connect HDMI 1 to a projector and HDMI 2 to an A/V receiver. When “Dual Display” is selected, HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 take a “best effort” strategy and output an audio/video signal that is commonly compatible with the downstream devices connected to both ports. This mode is intended for simultaneously supporting two screens. When only one of the HDMI ports is in use, the “Split A/V” or “Dual Display” setting is not applicable.[/QUOTE]

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K701, Burson HA-160, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
Old 01-03-2015, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
I didn't realize this. Guess I will be swapping connections every time I switch between the Plasma and Projector. This sucks, makes the hdmi 2 kinda worthless unless you are using it for audio in the split a/v mode. I know I want both my screens displaying the better Qdeo processed video.
Snip.............

Here ya go:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...=2#description

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"

Klipsch Chorus II (Mains); Klipsch Academy (Center) (KLF-C7 waiting in the wings); Klipsch RS-62 II (Surrounds); SVS PC13-Ultra (Big Bada Boom); ATI AT1505 (Amp); OPPO BDP-105 (Blu-ray Player); Panasonic 60GT50 (Plasma TV)
Old 01-03-2015, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 61
So it seems like the issue I was having is that the player has trouble with DTS-HD MA 6.1 audio on certain Fox titles. I tried all of the Star Wars films and X-Men: The Last Stand - all of which are discrete 6.1 tracks. On all of the titles, when the player was set to LPCM the sound quality was noticeably diminished in dynamic range and overall quality, like DRC had been turned on. When bitstreaming, nothing was wrong. However, when the player was set to either Bitstream or LPCM the front display would only display DTS-HD and not DTS-HD MA like other titles. I've tried several Fox DTS-HD MA 5.1 titles and hear no sonic difference between Bitstream and LPCM and the front display displays DTS-HD MA. It's only on these 6.1 titles. Also, on other 6.1 titles like Lord of the Rings and A.I. when set to LPCM the player will only send out 5.1, despite it displaying 6.1 when the info or audio buttons are engaged. I realize this might be an issue with it not being discrete 6.1, but if the player is reading and displaying 6.1, then it should be sending 6.1. The receiver receives full 6.1 when the player is set to Bitstream.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Another thing to check is that your Oppo firmware is up to date. Expendables 3 has a slightly different copy protection scheme.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
I had seen that. Just not sure I want to introduce an active component into the video chain. I'm sure it is perfectly fine, but it still makes me nervous.
I just ordered a new HDMI cable for my projector. I have an 50ft active cable made by MIT. It was $300+ at the time. Never used it as I never ended up mounting my projector at my old house. Went through a divorce and lost the house. This was 2008 when I bought the cable so who knows what HDMI protocol it is. I did use it the other night to watch a 3D movie and it seemed to work fine but who knows.
I picked up an HDMI 2.0 cable off Amazon for dirt cheap. It is a 25ft cable. I was torn on getting a cable with Redmere but decided not to. It was cheap enough to just try I out. I should have it tomorrow. Not gong Redmere was again, my fear of introducing an active component into the video signal.
My components sit on an open rack so swapping the cables is easy enough so I may just leave it this way for now.
I plan to buy a house soon, finally recovered from the divorce!!!!
So I will have my man cave and actually mount my new projector. I will need a new HDMI for the install as I'm sure I will need a 30ft-50ft cable. I will revisit the Redmere cables at that time.
Thanks for pointing out that splitter. I may still look at that route as I don't think I will be using HDMI2 on the Oppo ever again!!!

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" fixed Dragonfly Screen ~ Parasound Halo C2 Pre/Pro
Earthquake Sound Cinenova Grande Amplifier ~ Crown X1000 ~ Oppo BDP-103
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Tube DAC ~ Monster Cable Signature Series HTPS7000
Energy Veritas 2.2i (mains) & Veritas 2.0c (center) ~ Energy RC-70 (side surrounds)
CAT Tiburons(rear surr) ~ Sub... custom 15" Diamond Audio Technology ~ Xbox One
Old 01-03-2015, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman123 View Post
I was looking for a region free modification...
For about a year I've had the imegstore version. I chose to mount externally so it can be easily removed, should the need arise (didn't have to cut anything off of it either); it can also be mounted internally. I don't use it extensively with the 103, usually I just watch region A blu-rays on it, but it has worked when I've had occasion to need/want to switch regions. It seems to be impervious to firmware updates, it's been through several.

A similar piece of hardware, one that also requires the dim dim dim mute sequence to change regions, resides inside my '93, installed by the seller when I bought the '93 new. Again it's worked fine since day one, and seems to be impervious to firmware changes.

So obviously I've gone with the dim dim dim mute versions. They're cheaper, they don't seem to be vulnerable to Oppo firmware updates, at least in my case for my use (I use the 103 primarily for Region A blu-rays and the 93 primarily for Region B blu-rays), and I've never had any problems with them (nor have I ever had to contact anybody for a firmware update to the mod, nor for any other reason for that matter). They've just worked.

Only negative is I find the dim dim dim mute sequence a bit of a pain to do with any frequency, so I do it rarely (though it does seem to get easier with practice, seemingly especially after turning off Auto Resume preference). I've pretty much kept two blu-ray players going in my system since getting the '93, so I haven't had to change either of them over all that often. Plus with dvds, you set that up for region free once, and you're done.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
I had seen that. Just not sure I want to introduce an active component into the video chain. I'm sure it is perfectly fine, but it still makes me nervous.

....My components sit on an open rack so swapping the cables is easy enough, so I may just leave it this way for now.

....Thanks for pointing out that splitter. I may still look at that route as I don't think I will be using HDMI2 on the Oppo ever again!!!
Along with Mongo's suggestion... I've been using this one for almost two years now, to connect two 1080p monitors directly to my 103's HDMI 1 output.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=4

My connecting cables are only 6' long, so they are non-Redmere... but as far as the splitter itself is concerned, it's worked flawlessly, seamlessly, and invisibly, since day one.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh View Post
So it seems like the issue I was having is that the player has trouble with DTS-HD MA 6.1 audio on certain Fox titles. I tried all of the Star Wars films and X-Men: The Last Stand - all of which are discrete 6.1 tracks. On all of the titles, when the player was set to LPCM the sound quality was noticeably diminished in dynamic range and overall quality, like DRC had been turned on. When bitstreaming, nothing was wrong. However, when the player was set to either Bitstream or LPCM the front display would only display DTS-HD and not DTS-HD MA like other titles. I've tried several Fox DTS-HD MA 5.1 titles and hear no sonic difference between Bitstream and LPCM and the front display displays DTS-HD MA. It's only on these 6.1 titles. Also, on other 6.1 titles like Lord of the Rings and A.I. when set to LPCM the player will only send out 5.1, despite it displaying 6.1 when the info or audio buttons are engaged. I realize this might be an issue with it not being discrete 6.1, but if the player is reading and displaying 6.1, then it should be sending 6.1. The receiver receives full 6.1 when the player is set to Bitstream.
The Last Stand on blu ray? Mine is 7.1 DTS HD Master or DD 5.1. Are you talking these movies have DD EX 6.1 or did you mean 7.1?

When I put in The Last Stand, the Oppo and Pioneer AVR both read DTS HD Master, with the AVR showing 7.1. Bitstreaming from the Oppo via HDMI.

Last edited by Tornado Red; 01-03-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado Red View Post
The Last Stand on blu ray? Mine is 7.1 DTS HD Master or DD 5.1. Are you talking these movies have DD EX 6.1 or did you mean 7.1?

When I put in The Last Stand, the Oppo and Pioneer AVR both read DTS HD Master, with the AVR showing 7.1. Bitstreaming from the Oppo via HDMI.

Hi TD, No he was talking about the X-Men movie. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/X-Men-...-Blu-ray/3735/.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
Old 01-03-2015, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 886
Iron Maiden,

I've been using Redmere cables for almost 2 years now with no problems.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Out of interest, how many other devices share your Netflix account? And are any of these devices likely to view different content at the same time?
2 tablets, [they only used as remotes for the Chromecast device] and three streaming devices including the 103. As far as different content at the same time. I only have one TV so no there is only one stream being watched at any given times.

sent via Morse code...........

The Hun
Old 01-03-2015, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiner View Post
I've been experiencing the same problem with Netflix credentials on the 103... after some period of time I'm prompted to enter my creds again.
Oppo support recommended deactivating Netflix, re-installing the firmware using a flash drive, performing a full factory reset, then starting Netflix again. As before, it worked for a week or so, but two days ago I was prompted to sign in again.
Oppo indicated that I'd need to return the player if the problem persisted, but it seems like a very unusual failure mode; I'm skeptical that a factory memory repair will resolve the problem (and of course I'd be without the player for some time...). Has anyone actually had this problem (or a similar/memory issue) resolved by having Oppo perform factory repairs?
I did read another post that stated it might help to perform the 103 Netflix reset procedures AND deactivate all devices at Netflix; I have yet to try that.
I have the Oppo on my wired network, along with multiple wireless devices (Roku boxes, televisions, Wii U) that are also registered with Netflix; the other devices don't exhibit any Netflix login problems.
Same here, there is no way I would send the player for repair or deactivate my other devices, I simply don't use the 103 for Netflix as much as the result and use my Chromecast instead, it's far more convenient for me and have the same P/AQ as well.

sent via Morse code...........

The Hun
Old 01-03-2015, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I have a pair of 75' Redmere cables from equipment room to a JVC RS-57. Working great, but system has only been in service for about 4 months so can't comment on long term.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh View Post
Yikes! I have my 103 set to LPCM since I'm using the analog outputs to my older non-HDMI prepro. It would suck big time if my Star Wars BDs were being compromised sonically! I'll have to check it out, but the only comparison I can make is analog out on the 103 vs bitstream via the coax digital out (lossy).

Can anyone confirm if the analog outputs are affected by this? Btw, I have a 5.1 setup.

Last edited by Saturn94; 01-03-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Same here, there is no way I would send the player for repair or deactivate my other devices, I simply don't use the 103 for Netflix as much as the result and use my Chromecast instead, it's far more convenient for me and have the same P/AQ as well.
The Roku/flat panel streaming applications get used for casual viewing, but I use the Oppo for serious viewing since it doesn't cause problems with my display's de-judder processing. HD Netflix titles on the Roku exhibit a funny skip/cadence problem when I have a particular de-judder setting active. Discs, files, and streaming from the 103 are fine though. That's why I prefer using the 103 for Netflix.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Hi TD, No he was talking about the X-Men movie. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/X-Men-...-Blu-ray/3735/.
Oops, thanks Al. Wonder if he's actually running a centre rear speaker?

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc