Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 669 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 371Likes

post #20041 of 20044 Old Today, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 11
For those of you who have the Roku Stick (purchased directly from Oppo):

I noticed that the stick was set to 720P as default. I switched it to 1080P and noticed that when I use the Netflix app, there's a subtle stutter to the picture that occurs maybe once a minute. It's very subtle, but very annoying. I know it's not my Wifi speed. The Amazon app (which I'm pretty sure can only stream at 720P regardless) does not have this issue. I couldn't figure out why this was happening. Turning the 24fps option on or off did nothing to alleviate this glitch, nor did resetting the stick.

Just out of curiosity, I switched the stick back to 720P output and sure enough, the stutter is gone and Netflix streams smoothly at the expense of slightly inferior picture quality, of course.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? The stick doesn't seem to like streaming 1080p content. At least not through Netflix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20042 of 20044 Old Today, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by alettiere View Post

I noticed that the stick was set to 720P as default. I switched it to 1080P and noticed that when I use the Netflix app, there's a subtle stutter to the picture that occurs maybe once a minute. It's very subtle, but very annoying. I know it's not my Wifi speed. The Amazon app (which I'm pretty sure can only stream at 720P regardless) does not have this issue. I couldn't figure out why this was happening. Turning the 24fps option on or off did nothing to alleviate this glitch, nor did resetting the stick.

Just out of curiosity, I switched the stick back to 720P output and sure enough, the stutter is gone and Netflix streams smoothly at the expense of slightly inferior picture quality, of course.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? The stick doesn't seem to like streaming 1080p content. At least not through Netflix.
I just watched a Netflix movie this morning using the Roku stick purchased through Oppo and noticed that it was outputting only 720p and just thought that this is the way Netflix was sending it? I'm going to have to check my settings on it. I'll watch another tomorrow changing it to 1080p and let you know if I see a subtle stutter. It may be too subtle for me to notice.

lujan
733 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
7 DVD
post #20043 of 20044 Old Today, 05:50 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 723 Post(s)
Liked: 1070
Although the ROKU Streaming Stick is a good way to ADD apps, I recommend you always use the native apps in the player instead of their matching apps in the ROKU.
--Bob
post #20044 of 20044 Old Today, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alettiere View Post

I noticed the stutter also....I have had the stick since I purchased the unit (2 yrs ago), but always used the native app for Netflix; but then I read that the stick could output 1080p/24, so decided to try it again.....but after the stutter situation, I am back to the native app. I just figured the stutter was from the stick being Wi-Fi (my Oppo is hard-wired to my network).......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page