Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 687 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 434Likes

post #20581 of 20588 Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubadah View Post
I'm not sure when it started, but Youtube on the 103 is intermittently broken now. Half the time I try and launch it the screen goes black and nothing happens. When I press home it goes into the "browser is exiting, please wait..." spinning egg-timer screen, which seems to hang indefinitely. If I then press standby, the unit will switch off after a substantial delay. The same thing can happen whether I'm launching Youtube from the home screen, or casting from a phone. Does anyone else get this?
First thing I would try is making sure the player is in Energy Efficient mode and not Quick Start,
power off the player, then unplug the player and let it sit over night.
If that doesn't help, you could try saving your settings, reset the player settings back to factory default,
power cycle the player, then re-enter your personalized settings.
Also try shutting off all your internet connected devices in the house and then power cycle the router/modem,
then go back to the player and see if it triggered a change.
Sometimes things can just get convoluted when it comes to communication between player,
router, modem, phones, tablets, PCs, ISPs, etc... etc... etc...
FWIW, I just tried YT on my BDP-105 and it took about 10 seconds or so to initialize and then all good.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20582 of 20588 Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnapolisSony View Post
I've got an Amazon Prime membership so I am wondering if it is worth it to pick up a Roku stick to watch Instant Video thru my 103. For those of you on this thread that use the Roku, are you satisfied with PQ and audio? Are there any cons or limitations that I should know about?

Thx in advance for your input...
I've got the Roku stick.....the only drawback is that it is only a Wi-Fi connection; My Oppo is hardwired to my network so the streaming is much better with native Apps in the BDP-103......

Anthem MRX-500,Outlaw 7500
Oppo BDP-103
Paradigm Studio 100 Fronts,Paradigm Studio ADP-590 Surrounds
Paradigm Studio cc-590 Center
Martin Logan Dynamo subwoofer
DIRECTV Genie DVR
post #20583 of 20588 Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacari View Post
I've got the Roku stick.....the only drawback is that it is only a Wi-Fi connection; My Oppo is hardwired to my network so the streaming is much better with native Apps in the BDP-103......
There are other Roku models that accept an ethernet connection. The company's website has a nice chart showing the features of all current models.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K701, Burson HA-160, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
post #20584 of 20588 Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Bob Pariseau, thanks, the technical explanations I get on AVS Forum are informative and interesting. In my apartment, I find I don't especially need a subwoofer. I rarely get an opportunity to turn the volume up past 9 o'clock or so anyway. I feel I get all the low end I need--usually more than my downstairs neighbor can tolerate--by enabling my Carver receiver's Sonic Holography circuit. Thanks again for the technical explanation, it is a good education for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
You didn't mention whether you have a Subwoofer in your system. If you DON'T, then of course the correct solution is to set Left Front / Right Front to LARGE in the OPPO -- which will disable Crossover processing for them and tell the OPPO to send the entire frequency range to Left Front / Right Front.

Carver HR-752 ~ Carver TFM-35 ~ Sony KDL-55W900A (Terk HDTVa OTA) ~ OPPO BDP-103 ~ AQ Cinnamon HDMI video & Diamondback analog audio ~ Monster Z2 biwire ~ Polk Audio LSi15
Waste not, want not. Well, except 4K OLED...that, I want.
post #20585 of 20588 Old Today, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
There are other Roku models that accept an ethernet connection. The company's website has a nice chart showing the features of all current models.
I am well aware of that; but he was specifically talking about a Roku stick....I bought one from Oppo when I purchased my unit; as I said, the native Netflix app works better at streaming (thru my hard-wire network) then a stick (wi-fied)......

Anthem MRX-500,Outlaw 7500
Oppo BDP-103
Paradigm Studio 100 Fronts,Paradigm Studio ADP-590 Surrounds
Paradigm Studio cc-590 Center
Martin Logan Dynamo subwoofer
DIRECTV Genie DVR
post #20586 of 20588 Old Today, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
looks nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
Not to impugn your idea of choice, but how gadget-inclined is your elderly mother? If she prefers simplicity for only listing to music CDs, then something like this would be more suitable instead of having to tinker with an amp/receiver, then the Oppo. But hey if she insists, then connecting the two FR/FL RCA analog stereo out and enjoy. Sounds great!
http://www.amazon.com/GPX-HC221B-Com...4897292&sr=1-2
I just checked out your recommendation. for $30 the sound must be phenomenal. I'm going to purchase this right now. thanks man.
post #20587 of 20588 Old Today, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by pwiss

Since my HDMI 1 has motion issues after the beta firmware and HDMI 2 won't allow for a picture I put my Fios box directly into my Panasonic ST50 for the first time in many months. Amazingly I like the picture much better than what the Oppo processing was delivering when it worked. Before the Oppo I had it running through a DVDO Edge. The Edge also had good PQ but I never could get the lip sync just right. IMO Oppo needs to fix the noise reduction issues on HDMI 1 in addition to the new issues with the Beta. All this time everything has been running through the Darbee Darblet which is the real star in my setup. Hopefully Oppo can produce an input solution better than my Panasonic ST50. Kris Deering in the 105 thread said to avoid using the inputs on the Oppo's due to HDMI issues and he looks to be correct so far.

I really do not understand why you would want to use HDMI 1 in the first place if you are using a Darbee Darblet in between. You will want to do all the video enhancements through the Darblet, so you should be using HDMI 2 for all audio and video. HDMI 2 is much more appropriate for your configuration, not HDMI 1..
Since I have a similar setup, can you expand on this?
post #20588 of 20588 Old Today, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.jay View Post
I just checked out your recommendation. for $30 the sound must be phenomenal. I'm going to purchase this right now. thanks man.
Uh, I'd be cautious buying an all in one $30 system, it may well sound like crap. I guess it depends on whether the end user likes to listen to music or has a good ear. You can find many good cheap options out there for little coin. I bought a used Marantz cd player for $60, but there are all kinds of them as people turn to compressed mp3's on hard drives. Then get a used receiver of some kind and speakers. Craigslist is your friend. You should be able to get all for a couple of hundred, or more if you want new speakers like this:

http://www.wavecrestaudio.com/produc...udspeaker-pair

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-BS2...neer+bookshelf

Last edited by audio4life; Today at 12:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc