Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 688 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 434Likes

post #20611 of 20617 Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonDeyholos View Post
I'm having trouble with my 103. It's playing all my blurays normally with exception to one, Batman Begins. The disc is flawless so I don't think it is damaged. When I put it in, the oppo says it's a data disc and to access it through the "movie" tab. When I enter into that it comes up with a bunch of menus and things but nowhere to play the movie. It's an old movie so I don't know how the firmware couldn't be compatible with it but I checked my firmware anyway and it's up to date. I've searched around already with no answers. Anyone have any ideas? If nothing works I'll contact oppo tomorrow to try and figure it out.
I watched my Batman Begins BD again on my 103 last week and it played back perfectly. Mine is a strictly commercial disk that I bought from Amazon or Target.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20612 of 20617 Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had the exact same problem with "Pearl Harbor". I would love to hear of a solution, particularly if the problem is existing with other discs.
post #20613 of 20617 Old Today, 05:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a 720P MP4 video file that I'd like to play and upscale / up convert to 1080P using the 103's Marvell Qdeo video processing - which I understand only happens through HDMI Out 1.
Will I get the same PQ going through the USB input as through the HDMI Inputs?
In other words is one source input better than the other?
post #20614 of 20617 Old Today, 05:31 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Yates View Post
I have a 720P MP4 video file that I'd like to play and upscale / up convert to 1080P using the 103's Marvell Qdeo video processing - which I understand only happens through HDMI Out 1.
Welcome to AVSForum.

All sources will be treated the same in terms of video processing.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #20615 of 20617 Old Today, 05:36 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Yates View Post
The end result will likely be different depending on what you're using to send your video file through one of the HDMI inputs. Is it a computer running media player software or some other media streamer (such as a WDTV) and outputting 1080p? If so, then the Oppo won't be scaling the image to 1080p because it's already 1080p at that point. If you play the file via a storage device attached to a USB input or through SMB network sharing, then the Oppo will both decode the MP4 file and perform the scaling to 1080p for you. Another option is to use DLNA, just make sure your DLNA server isn't configured to do any conversion to the file before passing it along to the Oppo.
post #20616 of 20617 Old Today, 06:27 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 776 Post(s)
Liked: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonDeyholos View Post
I'm having trouble with my 103. It's playing all my blurays normally with exception to one, Batman Begins. The disc is flawless so I don't think it is damaged. When I put it in, the oppo says it's a data disc and to access it through the "movie" tab. When I enter into that it comes up with a bunch of menus and things but nowhere to play the movie. It's an old movie so I don't know how the firmware couldn't be compatible with it but I checked my firmware anyway and it's up to date. I've searched around already with no answers. Anyone have any ideas? If nothing works I'll contact oppo tomorrow to try and figure it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphil View Post
I've had the exact same problem with "Pearl Harbor". I would love to hear of a solution, particularly if the problem is existing with other discs.
Failure to detect that the disc is a Blu-ray disc is a type of disc read error. One possibility is that the laser lens in the player has picked up a piece of dust or is filmed from stuff floating in the air and needs to be cleaned, but if the problem is only happening on one disc the odds are much greater that it is just a faulty disc. The tolerances in Blu-ray are tight enough that manufacturing defects may not be visible to the eye.

Try this: Open the Tray, gently wiggle the disc around in place in its spot in the Tray, which will give it a slightly different position when loading, and try loading the disc again. If the disc read problem is not too severe, this may be all that's needed for the player to get past it.

If possible, exchange the disc or try someone else's copy of the disc to confirm the problem really is just with your current copy of the disc.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #20617 of 20617 Old Today, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Had the same happening with one Bluray disc from star trek the next generation. There was not much wrong on the disc (at least visible to the eye) but after replacing it with a new copy the problem was solved.

Panasonic TX-P50GT60 / Marantz SR5004 / 4 x KEF HTS 3001 SE (front + rear) + HTC 3001 SE (centre) + REL T-9 sub / Oppo BDP-103EU (MultiRegion+MultiZone)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page