Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 695 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 448Likes
post #20821 of 20828 Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
A member asked the time; I just gave it to him.

* But to answer your question now; for me, no.
...Except if it would take a similar time as to load a HD DVD in one of my HD DVD players. ...About 2 minutes!
Then your question would be very important to me (the time it takes to load).
...Plus, the faster it loads the better for me it is. Eg.; my Rotel CD player (RCD-991) loads in five (5) secs. ...Fastest: 4 seconds.
Right, but my point is if you've decided to watch/listen to some media and the load time is beyond a minute or two(your HD-DVD) at most are you not going to watch/listen? Maybe it's just me, but if I decide to watch something I don't care if it takes 5 secs or even 2 minutes to load, I'm still going to watch it. I suppose my question is, why is it better for you if your Rotel load in 5 secs or not, I'm just curious is all. I realize it's a metric that players are sometimes judged by, but is it really of any value?

If it didn't load at all, then that would be a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20822 of 20828 Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3937 Post(s)
Liked: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Right, but my point is if you've decided to watch/listen to some media and the load time is beyond a minute or two(your HD-DVD) at most are you not going to watch/listen? Maybe it's just me, but if I decide to watch something I don't care if it takes 5 secs or even 2 minutes to load, I'm still going to watch it. I suppose my question is, why is it better for you if your Rotel load in 5 secs or not, I'm just curious is all. I realize it's a metric that players are sometimes judged by, but is it really of any value?

Oh, now I see your point. ...That's a valid point, and I don't question it.
post #20823 of 20828 Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post

Altough I am not the guy with the Rotel, I wanted to give my opinion.

I guess we all have different levels of patience. If it took 2 minutes to load I would not be watching it, I would be reparing the window through which I would have thrown the player through! For me life is too short for waiting! When I went from a 100$ Sony player to a 103 when it came out, one of the many features of the 103 I loved over the Sony was its speed. I respect your patience, but I don't think the speed of a player is that irrelevant to most people.
post #20824 of 20828 Old Today, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboileau View Post
Altough I am not the guy with the Rotel, I wanted to give my opinion.

I guess we all have different levels of patience. If it took 2 minutes to load I would not be watching it, I would be reparing the window through which I would have thrown the player through! For me life is too short for waiting! When I went from a 100$ Sony player to a 103 when it came out, one of the many features of the 103 I loved over the Sony was its speed. I respect your patience, but I don't think the speed of a player is that irrelevant to most people.
I don't think it's the speed so much at the beginning when trying out new technology. When the HD DVD players first came out we didn't care how long it took, we were just excited about being able to watch an HD movie for the first time.

lujan
749 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
7 DVD
post #20825 of 20828 Old Today, 06:04 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
I don't think it's the speed so much at the beginning when trying out new technology. When the HD DVD players first came out we didn't care how long it took, we were just excited about being able to watch an HD movie for the first time.
Right. But going from load times in the minutes to load times of 10-20 seconds is definitely a huge difference and one that most users will appreciate. Going from 10-20 seconds to 5 seconds really isn't a big deal to most people. If nothing else, it takes a few moments to go sit down after putting the disc in the tray and hitting the close button.
post #20826 of 20828 Unread Today, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Right. But going from load times in the minutes to load times of 10-20 seconds is definitely a huge difference and one that most users will appreciate. Going from 10-20 seconds to 5 seconds really isn't a big deal to most people. If nothing else, it takes a few moments to go sit down after putting the disc in the tray and hitting the close button.
Agreed, there is a comfort range where any improvment becomes insignificant.
post #20827 of 20828 Unread Today, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi

Could you help me with the following questions?

1. Oppo said its Qdeo video processing is really good. And Is it better than that in high end av receiver like Marantz 7009? And also what about its audio decoding compared to receiver? I am wondering if I output audio directly to receiver using HDMI , do I just not use oppo'audio processing?

2. Do you do split av so one hdmi goes to projector the other hdmi hoes to receiver? Or do you just use one hdmi output from oppo then go to receiver for both video and audio? Which one is better ?

3. Can I connect Apple tv to oppo using one HDMI input so I can watch content of Apple TV using oppo? Is there video and audio difference between this method and the method by which Apple TV is directly connected to receiver?

4. Can you recommend one mhl cable so I can connect my iPhone to oppo?

5. Why YouTube in oppo does not have functions like add to favorite etc? I fount YouTube in oppo is not easier to use?

6. I downloaded iPhone remote apps but I cannot use iPhone keyboard for input? Any solutions?

Thank you so much.
post #20828 of 20828 Unread Today, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roudan View Post
Hi

Could you help me with the following questions?

1. Oppo said its Qdeo video processing is really good. And Is it better than that in high end av receiver like Marantz 7009? And also what about its audio decoding compared to receiver? I am wondering if I output audio directly to receiver using HDMI , do I just not use oppo'audio processing?

Depending on your receiver, you could/would/should use the audio processing from the receiver. That is my personal setup.

2. Do you do split av so one hdmi goes to projector the other hdmi hoes to receiver? Or do you just use one hdmi output from oppo then go to receiver for both video and audio? Which one is better ?

That is what most senior members here recommend, HDMI 1 to your display and HDMI 2 to your receiver.

3. Can I connect Apple tv to oppo using one HDMI input so I can watch content of Apple TV using oppo? Is there video and audio difference between this method and the method by which Apple TV is directly connected to receiver?

Yes, you may connect directly to the OPPO for better video processing, again depending on your receivers capabilities.

4. Can you recommend one mhl cable so I can connect my iPhone to oppo?

I will leave it to another member to respond on this one.

5. Why YouTube in oppo does not have functions like add to favorite etc? I fount YouTube in oppo is not easier to use?

6. I downloaded iPhone remote apps but I cannot use iPhone keyboard for input? Any solutions?

Thank you so much.
See answers above in the quoted section below your questions.

HT: Pioneer SC-85, Oppo BDP-103, PS3
OSD ATM-7
2CH: Pioneer Elite SX-A9-J, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, Ultracube 10 SW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page